The Falkirk FC Thread

7 hours ago, GAD said:

Thing is, someone like Jack Ross is exactly what Falkirk need right now. They have to limp on to January before clearing out the shite and putting together a better squad. Falkirk have some good players, but they don't have a good squad just now, based on what I've seen anyway. They've got no fullbacks, the centre halfs are soft as shite, goalies a bombscare and Kerr looks done, meaning their midfield isn't competitive.

Now's the right time to sack Houston anyway, gives the new guy a chance to identify the real wasters and decide what he needs to get the good players performing.

Virtually the same squad took us to second last season . Only player we lost that I would have kept was Leahy. Players are fine we just need a manager to play the right ones in the right positions .  Kerr is done but taiwo is there to replace him. Unfortunately Houston keeps playing both together.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Virtually the same squad took us to second last season . Only player we lost that I would have kept was Leahy. Players are fine we just need a manager to play the right ones in the right positions .  Kerr is done but taiwo is there to replace him. Unfortunately Houston keeps playing both together.

The players aren't fine. If they were you wouldn't be second bottom of the league and winless. You've lost experienced players and replaced them with dross.

If you liisten to Houstons post match interviews and then Taiwos and Kerrs theres something went on between the players that we dont know i reckon,   Whoever comes in needs to sort it and wouldnt be surprised to see a few players leaving in January.

If you liisten to Houstons post match interviews and then Taiwos and Kerrs theres something went on between the players that we dont know i reckon,   Whoever comes in needs to sort it and wouldnt be surprised to see a few players leaving in January.

Kidd, Watson and Shepps to start with.

Just now, gav-ffc said:

Kidd, Watson and Shepps to start with.

agreed on them ones and wouldnt be surprised to see Gasparotto in there either, he seemed fine when he was at Morton but f**k knows whats happened to him.

Helluva lot of magnanimity from the Falkirk fans towards Houston. I get that the last couple of seasons have been good, but this season he's been (from afar it would seem) a rabid slavering mess. Slagging off other teams play, losing his way with his own players, sticking with a midfield player who can't fucking run; none of this thanks for the memories pish, he should be told not to darken your door again.

If you want a great chance of going up, this season or next, Hartley should be a nap for this. If you want to be the butt of many, many jokes it will be Hughes or McGhee.

Hughes - fucking shudder btw.

57 minutes ago, GAD said:

The players aren't fine. If they were you wouldn't be second bottom of the league and winless. You've lost experienced players and replaced them with dross.

Aye right.We lost Leahy, Baird ,McHugh, Aird and McCracken.  Baird scored 8 goals in 33 appearances, McHugh 3 in 34 appearances. Aird hardly kicked a ball and McCracken was a backup.  Again the only one any of us would have kept was Leahy.  Houston is playing the wrong players in the wrong positions and this has affected the squads confidence greatly. If we get someone in with half a clue we'll do fine.  Obviously inujuries to hippo and grant havent helped either.