The Falkirk FC Thread

No chance it will be Pressely, c'nts got an inflated opinion of himself to manage in this division.

The decent unemployed managers just now might be holding off for opportunities in the Premiership.

McIntyre is under a bit of pressure now at County. Potentially 1 or 2 others under threat if results don't go there way in the next few games.

Aitken has probably done enough at Dumbarton to earn a move. Would he get Falkirk playing attractive football though?

Hartley fits the bill imo. Still a young manager but has plenty of experience.

5 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Yes, and my post was laughing at you doing that. On an unrelated note, Emily Ratajkowski has a slightly odd belly button so I'm not interested. 

well it wasn't an entire waste of 30 seconds to google her but you are right about the belly button thing, straight red card.

Thing is, someone like Jack Ross is exactly what Falkirk need right now. They have to limp on to January before clearing out the shite and putting together a better squad. Falkirk have some good players, but they don't have a good squad just now, based on what I've seen anyway. They've got no fullbacks, the centre halfs are soft as shite, goalies a bombscare and Kerr looks done, meaning their midfield isn't competitive.

Now's the right time to sack Houston anyway, gives the new guy a chance to identify the real wasters and decide what he needs to get the good players performing.

I'm happy this has happened. Can actually kick on now. Hope the board make a good decision and get someone in who'll give the team an attacking look.

I'd love Owen Coyle but that'll not happen, Hartley for me would also be grand.

Right thing to do clearing out the entire management team.
Next appointment is huge for the club.
Would love to see Owen Coyle but would be amazed if that happened, probably be Hartley or McGee.

A couple of my Falkirk supporting friends were saying this too and then I seen these posts...

Why is it you guys think Owen Coyle is such an unlikely appointment? Salary?

1 minute ago, Dindeleux said:

Gary Holt? I know he left you but was it not quite an amicable end?

Left to take up a position at Norwich, by all accounts according to someone ITK at the club he was clueless as a manager and wasnt overly liked by the players.

16 minutes ago, thelocalcat said:

I want Latapy

Latapy allegedly got the boot from Caley Thistle for being lazy and unreliable.  I heard once that he wouldn't go to training if it was raining!

Please hire him. :)

Edited by Highland Capital

A couple of my Falkirk supporting friends were saying this too and then I seen these posts...

Why is it you guys think Owen Coyle is such an unlikely appointment? Salary?

Yip, that and he could find a better job down in England probably. It's not impossible but it could happen me thinks.

Yip, that and he could find a better job down in England probably. It's not impossible but it could happen me thinks.

That's what my mates alluded to, but I'm not that sure he's beyond achievable for Falkirk. He's had since February(?) to get a club in the managerial merry-go-round down south, but nothing's materialised. To be fair, he's maybe had a few offers but just not found the right club for him. However, I wonder if his stock is as high as it was a few years ago, given his last three jobs at Wigan, Houston and Blackburn were fairly brief and/or not exactly successful.

Falkirk could be a good move for him, and if there's even an ounce of interest from Coyle, Falkirk should do their utmost to get him IMO.

Just finished work to find out the news. Delighted tbh. Aye Houston did give us some good times however last year was poor and this year has just been utterly horrific and ultimately he deserved the bullet.

Pretty much in agreement with the majority on here my preference would be Owen Coyle or Paul Hartley.

However if the board even thinks about rehiring shite like Holt or Pressley then they can get themselves all the way to f**k.