The Falkirk FC Thread

Surely the only way you're getting Coyle is if you have a similar arrangement to Levein with Raith where he can go for free as soon as a bigger club want him? He could easily get a far, far bigger job than Falkirk and it would be an extremely unambitious move for him. 

Surely the only way you're getting Coyle is if you have a similar arrangement to Levein with Raith where he can go for free as soon as a bigger club want him? He could easily get a far, far bigger job than Falkirk and it would be an extremely unambitious move for him. 

Don't think u understand the power of the Navy Blue Juggernaut. #BigTeam #WeveGotABiggerCrowdThanU

13 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

a sad day, this season hasn't been great but some brilliant memories, the rangers and hibs games in particular were amongst the best I've seen (and certainly the best atmosphere since we moved to the new stadium) but the start this season was just to bad for him to recover.

I think I'd be in the minority (again!) but I'd be happy with miller and kerr in charge or whoever wins the next 50/50 draw as long as they sign a right and a left back!!

No. Yesterday was a sad day (again).

56 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The key thing is the reaction of the players. That team has it in them to go out and absolutely scud teams in this division yet has performed like dogshit.

I haven't seen any evidence that we are capable of scudding any team, to be honest.

Compare with the first couple of games of Hughes' championship winning season (a draw and a loss) where you could tell we were capable of something special.

And I say that as someone who was never a massive fan of Hughes.

2 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Isnt that the case for any manager ?

Coyle has been sacked in his last 4 jobs, he wont get a job in England anytime soon, so its back to Scotland if he wants to manage, the American dream didnt work out either

On the whole Coyle thing, there was fairly reliable chat (from guys who are genuinely quite #ITK) that he was our preferred candidate when McGhee was emptied and that he had essentially agreed to take the job in principle. Apparently it fell through as it transpired that him taking the job would have impacted on his pay-out from Blackburn.

There's a lot of that checks out in terms of us having indicated we were to announce McGhee's replacement quickly (within a week). That deadline passed, we then started interviewing and in the end we appointed the guy who was interim manager. There was enough about all that to suggest that we had someone lined up but for whatever reason it fell through and put us on to a Plan B.

Given this is a new season and all that there's a fair chance that the pay-out obstacles relating to Coyle no longer apply and as others have said, there's next to no chance of him getting a job in England again any time soon.

Edit: There was a bit on the radio earlier about McGhee talking in the press about wanting to get back into full time management...

Edited by capt_oats

21 hours ago, mizfit said:

Fun story, when Shephard appeared on the scene my Hibs supporting pal jokingly told him in a bar he was "pish"

Shepherd responded my claiming this guy was a "fat c**t", so my pal offered him outside.

Shepherd backed down and walked away. The next time he seen my pal he walked out the bar.

Are you trying to slag your pal here ? 

Ah well after what has happened tonight it's safe to say they BPM is the least in the know, in the know guy in Scottish football. Absolutely no way this was ever going to happen etc etc. Coyle or Hartley I'd be happy with. Going to be fucking Hughes or some other tried and tested wallop. Sake.

3 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Are you trying to slag your pal here ? 

Ah well after what has happened tonight it's safe to say they BPM is the least in the know, in the know guy in Scottish football. Absolutely no way this was ever going to happen etc etc. Coyle or Hartley I'd be happy with. Going to be fucking Hughes or some other tried and tested wallop. Sake.

Reverse psychology 

Out of that list only Hartley and Coyle  give me any sort of hope the rest can go and do one but knowing us we will probably appoint Pressley or Holt.  Wouldnt surprise me to see someone different in the list apart from the usual suspects though.