The Falkirk FC Thread

Alex Rae is a right good shout for you guys. 

One of St Mirrens most successful managers if you actually believe his pish. 

Seriously though, decent move by your board to get this done now, still plenty of time to get back in amongst the teams fighting for promotion. 

12 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

"the football department at The Falkirk Stadium" get tae f**k

Yeah, I thought that too.

The rest of it is decent enough though.

Bit of a shame.  I was looking forward to a "2-0 to the journeymen" chant at Palmerston, but on today's showing, that looked a long shot anyway.

Personally feel one of the main points in the application should be to describe what they believe a full back should be and anyone who answers with something along the 'any relatively quick centre back can play there' should be immediately taken out

Well at the start of the season, if you asked me for a list of who would remain in post come May, Houston would have been first on the list. Shows how much I know.

A bit disappointed that he's gone before we get a crack at you at home. Probably to avoid the Pars having the accolade to be fair.

23 minutes ago, Just a bairn said:

This absolutely had to happen. Thanks for the good times Houstie. Despite it being absolutely shite at the end, he is definitely one of the better managers we've had in recent years and was involved in creating some of the best #scenes we've ever had at the new stadium. 

Now let's hope we advertise the position properly. 

Aye, He made us fill both our stands, made the TFS feel like home and brought decent enough success albeit last season was awful.

12 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

I'm happy this has happened. Can actually kick on now. Hope the board make a good decision and get someone in who'll give the team an attacking look.

I'd love Owen Coyle but that'll not happen, Hartley for me would also be grand.

I suppose a lot depends on where Coyle is living now, if he is back in Scotland, I dont see it as that impossible. He wont get a job in England for now, needs to rebuild a career that has been downhill for a number of years. He did regret turning us down when asked to do the job with Hughes all those years ago and he wont be short of a bob or two.

I reckon it will be a cheap option tho, someone out of work and within a cheap budget, Hartley ticks a lot of boxes and will get our players fit, something I dont think we are at the moment and isnt afraid to change formations.

Bitter sweet that Houstie is gone but it had to happen, it got to the stage we were laughing at how bad we were yesterday and going into games knowing you werent gonna win......not felt that way for a long time