The Falkirk FC Thread

This absolutely had to happen. Thanks for the good times Houstie. Despite it being absolutely shite at the end, he is definitely one of the better managers we've had in recent years and was involved in creating some of the best #scenes we've ever had at the new stadium. 

Now let's hope we advertise the position properly. 

Well done to the club for making the right decision.

A lot of respect for Housty who has given me some of my best Falkirk games.

Sadly it came to a point where there was no other choice but to let him go.

Buzzing that Maybury and that have been punted as well.

Edited by JinkyBairn

3 minutes ago, Just a bairn said:

Doesn't Smith have a 100% winning record as interim coach? 

Lost 2 out of 5 iirc

Here's the announcement from the official site in case anyone cant get on to read it...

MANAGEMENT TEAM DEPART

Falkirk FC has come to a mutual agreement with Peter Houston, James McDonaugh and Alan Maybury that will see the football management team leave the club with immediate effect.

In the interim period, Technical Director, Alex Smith will take charge of the first team, assisted by senior players, Mark Kerr and Lee Miller and Academy Director, Michael McArdle.

The Board will take time to recruit the right management team to lead the club forward.

The Club wishes to thank Peter, James and Alan for the enormous amount of work they have put in to improving the football department at The Falkirk Stadium over the past three years.

Under their stewardship Falkirk FC has enjoyed some memorable occasions, including the 2015 Scottish Cup Final and two successive runners-up finishes in the Ladbrokes Championship.

Peter Houston, commented: “I’d like to thank all the players and the backroom staff for their undivided support through the last three and a bit years.

“I also have to mention the office staff and ground staff at the club for all their backing and the Board of Directors for their support.  

“We are disappointed with the start to the season and the board and I have come to a mutual agreement that to get the club moving again it is best that someone fresh is brought in.

“It has been a decent three or so years; there have been some real highlights, including reaching the Scottish Cup Final and finishing second, but we just fell short of the goals that we all hoped we could achieve.

“It wasn’t down to lack of effort and I’ve got to thank the players again for all they have put in.  

“I must also mention the supporters. It has been a wee bit rough recently, but through the last three years they have given great support to the club. The fans have been magnificent.

“Finally, I’d just like to wish the club the very best moving forward. I hope whoever comes in can give the club the success it deserves and that we have been striving for over the last number of years.”

Margaret Lang, Chair of Falkirk Football Club, said: “We are all extremely disappointed that we haven’t been able to progress forward this season and as a result we have come to a mutual agreement with Peter, James and Alan.

“I have nothing but admiration for the job all three have done for our club and wish them the very best in the next chapters of their careers.

“We will now work to recruit the best possible management team to get the club back to winning matches, climbing the Championship table and moving towards the Premiership.”

Edited by TheBigYa

Assistants gone as well. Full thing freshened up aside from the Death Eater Smith still hanging around like a bad smell.

We should take our time with this, let Smith have the Morton game and I couldn't give a Frenchman's f**k about the Challenge Cup.

Mentioned my suggestions earlier. First choice for me would be Hopkin.