The Falkirk FC Thread

6 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Wrong!

Falkirk missed out on the play-offs by a distance during the season when Hearts were here.

Some club with attendances half the size of Falkirk's outpunched them.

We missed out by 7 points but we did get to a Scottish cup final which is also punching above our weight I would say.

Board statement to be released saying the manager has the boards full backing.

any other club that means your either on a shoogly peg or your gone within the week.

At  Falkirk it means he does have the boards full backing

After watching Houstons interview it looks to me like he wants out but wants the cash. Puts the ball in the boards court which if there has been a meeting today then surely the outcome is him being booted. What really does sting is the fact that we have seen clubs who are similar in size get relegated or go into admin and now look like squads that challenge. If the whispers are true that we are skint then I honestly have no idea what planet this board has been living on. The majority of fans have accepted the championship in what has been a freak turn of events with rangers, hibs, hearts and dundee united all kicking about at the same time. How after those years of a lot of cash coming into the club can we now be struggling for money? doesn't take a financial genius to figure out that those teams won't be about forever. Surely we have some cash kicking about from that or is that being too naive? 

35 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We missed out by 7 points but we did get to a Scottish cup final which is also punching above our weight I would say.

Maybe so, but it certainly doesn't render the claim that Falkirk made the playoffs that season, remotely accurate.