The Falkirk FC Thread

Frank De Boer was sacked after 4 games at Palace  and we are now at the time of damage limitation and the board need to grow a set and sort it.  He's had his chance to turn it round it hasnt worked.

As for the board getting an easy ride its a different era, look back to the past  if someone was  pissed off they took to the streets to protest or strike they done something about it to try and get what they wanted these days we take to social media and have a moan about it and it stops there.  Times like this that other than moaning on pie and bovril and facebook thats about the extent of how far action will go.  Everyone is looking at someone else to take the lead and do something about the situation, i mean lets face it best way to get everyone thats pissed off together is match day, you cant get a banner into the ground as stewards would be all over it so  that only leaves before the game then ditch the banner and go in.

1 minute ago, Tynieness said:

I've just had a look at your upcoming fixtures and there are no easy ones ahead.  I have spoke to a few  Falkirk fans at work and there seems to be a lack of appetite for change which is surprising, they complain about the football etc but want to give Houston more time..  For me before the season started this looked like a great opportunity to finally get promoted but that already looks a mile away.  If the crowds plummet then surely the board will have to act.

You would like to think the Board will act but i think as mentioned previously the last manager we sacked was Eamonn Bannon and that was during the Fulston era.  If it means they have to pay money to get rid then theres no chance. 

Frank De Boer was sacked after 4 games at Palace  and we are now at the time of damage limitation and the board need to grow a set and sort it.  He's had his chance to turn it round it hasnt worked.
As for the board getting an easy ride its a different era, look back to the past  if someone was  pissed off they took to the streets to protest or strike they done something about it to try and get what they wanted these days we take to social media and have a moan about it and it stops there.  Times like this that other than moaning on pie and bovril and facebook thats about the extent of how far action will go.  Everyone is looking at someone else to take the lead and do something about the situation, i mean lets face it best way to get everyone thats pissed off together is match day, you cant get a banner into the ground as stewards would be all over it so  that only leaves before the game then ditch the banner and go in.

Surely,if you care about your club at all,you can get a banner in,maybe even five or six,you know,if you try.

Houston talking about leaving is the death knell. Theres surely no way the club can bury their heads int he sand and not find a way for him to go. Dressing room is gone, managers head is gone, fans heads are down. It's untenable at this point

I 100% agree. The Chairman and CEO have to act. Forget about talking to Ritchie, Alexander and whatever other part of their cliche wants a say. Just get on with it. If they are not happy then tell them to get on the Board, and run the club themselves.

If money is the issue now then it is only going to get worse because people are not going to turn up and watch this pish any more.

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I 100% agree. The Chairman and CEO have to act. Forget about talking to Ritchie, Alexander and whatever other part of their cliche wants a say. Just get on with it. If they are not happy then tell them to get on the Board, and run the club themselves.

If money is the issue now then it is only going to get worse because people are not going to turn up and watch this pish any more.

If only there was someone there to buy out the MSG we might have hope. I fear we'll need to drop down to League 1 for the clearout needed.

2 minutes ago, AL0011 said:

I honestly dont think our board will act until they see how pissed off fans are though and i really hope they dont go with a Maybury/McDonaugh option as a replacement.  

Trouble is, without lining up a replacement ahead of punting Houston its somewhat inevitable that caretaker will go to someone already here. 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

It really depends on how deep and where the problems and divisions lie. I'd prefer to see McDonaugh step up than Kerr and Miller for example. 

eta On the face of it I would at least,  but thats not accounting for what side of the line Maybury and McDonaugh come down on in the dressing room divide that I am totally convinced exists.

Divide has to be there. It can be seen clearly on the park. But it's the managers job to fix that and he hasn't, which in itself is the most significant reason to get rid.

Seen his comments on the Sun online accept wanting to buy some time for himself and look at the past 2 seasons ,but we are past that stage now and to give anymore time we risk dropping even more points:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1605243/falkirk-0-livingston-2-peter-houston-not-walking-away/

Houston said: “That’s up the board, although if you look at what we’ve done in the last three years we’ve punched above our weight.

“The fans aren’t happy and that can change directors’ thoughts.

“If they decide tomorrow morning to make the call then I accept it but it won’t be my decision.

“I don’t worry about it if that’s what they want to do. I’m too long in the tooth for that.

“But I want to stay here and get this team out the rut it’s in.”

Houston, who kept his squad in the dressing room for almost an hour after this latest defeat, added: “I accept the criticism.

Edited by AL0011

Mark McGee's free.

Mark McGhee wants a return to club management but won't compromise his role as assistant to Scotland manager Gordon Strachan. "I'm demented at not working on a daily basis," says McGhee. "I don't want to do anything other than coach a football team." (Mail On Sunday)

Has a good Wiki page too I'm led to understand.

Agree on the issue with player power but it says a lot when they would gladly f**k the supporters over for getting rid of the Manager we cant have a full clear out so the only option is a change in the management team agreed on the McDonaugh as well as retaining part of the problem isnt a solution the only issue with the squad is and we have all been there at some point in our lives the grass isnt always greener on the other side if they do get what they want.

Edited by AL0011

Seen his comments on the Sun online accept wanting to buy some time for himself and look at the past 2 seasons ,but we are past that stage now and to give anymore time we risk dropping even more points:
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1605243/falkirk-0-livingston-2-peter-houston-not-walking-away/

Houston said: “That’s up the board, although if you look at what we’ve done in the last three years we’ve punched above our weight.

“The fans aren’t happy and that can change directors’ thoughts.

“If they decide tomorrow morning to make the call then I accept it but it won’t be my decision.

“I don’t worry about it if that’s what they want to do. I’m too long in the tooth for that.

“But I want to stay here and get this team out the rut it’s in.”

Houston, who kept his squad in the dressing room for almost an hour after this latest defeat, added: “I accept the criticism.

As much as this is hilarious for almost everyone else and Pars fans in particular, is rather you sorted it out eventually. There's nothing better than having us both slug it out near the top of the table on front of big crowds but this season it's not happening for you guys and we had a bigger crowd v St Mirren. Sad times.

I'm not sure how much Houston gets away with the bit in bold with you lot though. Are you really punching above your weight? One of the bigger clubs in the Championship with a big support, big budget, good facilities and money coming in almost every year from Swansea - I'd expect you to be in the play offs and having a decent cup run now and again. OK so the likes of Hibs and Sevco have been in the league but that still feels about tight. It's not as if you're a wee downtrodden club with barely two pennies to rub together playing in front of a couple of hundred punters in a ramshackle old ground.

Just now, Salvo Montalbano said:

As much as this is hilarious for almost everyone else and Pars fans in particular, is rather you sorted it out eventually. There's nothing better than having us both slug it out near the top of the table on front of big crowds but this season it's not happening for you guys and we had a bigger crowd v St Mirren. Sad times.

I'm not sure how much Houston gets away with the bit in bold with you lot though. Are you really punching above your weight? One of the bigger clubs in the Championship with a big support, big budget, good facilities and money coming in almost every year from Swansea - I'd expect you to be in the play offs and having a decent cup run now and again. OK so the likes of Hibs and Sevco have been in the league but that still feels about tight. It's not as if you're a wee downtrodden club with barely two pennies to rub together playing in front of a couple of hundred punters in a ramshackle old ground.

If you read it he states we have punched above our weight in regards we finished 2nd in a league with Rangers and Hibs, 2nd  again with a league with Hibs and Dundee Utd and a play off spot in a league that had Hearts and Hibs in it all with much bigger budgets than what we had so in those terms he is right.

1 hour ago, AL0011 said:

If you read it he states we have punched above our weight in regards we finished 2nd in a league with Rangers and Hibs, 2nd  again with a league with Hibs and Dundee Utd and a play off spot in a league that had Hearts and Hibs in it all with much bigger budgets than what we had so in those terms he is right.

Wrong!

Falkirk missed out on the play-offs by a distance during the season when Hearts were here.

Some club with attendances half the size of Falkirk's outpunched them.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Houston does not know how to solve our problems. We've seen maybe 2 formations in the 4 seasons he's been here.
The general set of tactics haven't changed at all even when things go against us. The only ace up his sleeve is to hoof the ball up to a target man when we're chasing the game.
This season is now a write off as we've no chance of promotion so making the change now will give the new boss time to work with the team before having a go next season. Other than not paying him off there's no advantage to keeping Houston in charge.

1 hour ago, Tynieness said:

I've just had a look at your upcoming fixtures and there are no easy ones ahead.  I have spoke to a few  Falkirk fans at work and there seems to be a lack of appetite for change which is surprising, they complain about the football etc but want to give Houston more time..  For me before the season started this looked like a great opportunity to finally get promoted but that already looks a mile away.  If the crowds plummet then surely the board will have to act.

Your mates are a statistical outlier then, because both on here, and all other online forums (you know the ones, naming no names) the % wishing PH to leave is > 90%.