The Falkirk FC Thread

So why start him in the two playoff games then?  If your going to play him and he plays very well scoring two cracking goals then at least give him the chance to continue that form into the next season.  If he then doesnt perform than yes drop him but its crazy to drop someone when their playing well having kept selecting him earlier in the season when he was struggling. All you do is dent their confidence and you can end up back at stage one.

This is an issue for me with Houston. He shows loyalty to certain players who in my mind don't deserve it but chops and changes others. Guys like Craigen, O'Hara don't get the chance to find form but the likes of Kerr and Baird last season are in week in week out no matter how shite they are.

15 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

So why start him in the two playoff games then?  If your going to play him and he plays very well scoring two cracking goals then at least give him the chance to continue that form into the next season.  If he then doesnt perform than yes drop him but its crazy to drop someone when their playing well having kept selecting him earlier in the season when he was struggling. All you do is dent their confidence and you can end up back at stage one.

I dont know how 2 games last season can be attached to a season on, its still a reflection of how his season was with us with 32 prior games with about a dozen or so passable, 2 last games of the season he brings out the form of his season and 15 league starts and 15 sub appearances tells you where his career has been with us, patchy

He should get more chances in the centre but he has been poor in the centre also, he hasnt shown anything close to the commitment required so far but then again, there is a queue with similar players

24 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I dont know how 2 games last season can be attached to a season on, its still a reflection of how his season was with us with 32 prior games with about a dozen or so passable, 2 last games of the season he brings out the form of his season and 15 league starts and 15 sub appearances tells you where his career has been with us, patchy

He should get more chances in the centre but he has been poor in the centre also, he hasnt shown anything close to the commitment required so far but then again, there is a queue with similar players

But he was also excellent in the pre-season/league cup games he was involved in this year. I just don't see the point in giving him a game , he's excellent so lets drop him and then wait till he's off form and we'll bring him back in. Play the players in form and then drop them when they go off form. Don't drop players that are playing well. I felt that Houston actually stuck with him far too much earlier in the season when he was stuck out wide and playing shit. He then played him through the middle where he was good and then dropped him so he can stick taiwo and kerr together.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Fingers crossed we can take the small improvement in performance from the united game and couple it with a more attacking line up as livy don't count as a big team to Houston so we are allowed to attack before we go 1 down.

Erm...small improvement? We didn’t have a shot on target and were still utterly shite to watch.

Sure we kept a clean sheet but that was more to do with the awfulness of our opponents than anything we done better. That was not any better than the Brechin game last week.

5 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

But he was also excellent in the pre-season/league cup games he was involved in this year. I just don't see the point in giving him a game , he's excellent so lets drop him and then wait till he's off form and we'll bring him back in. Play the players in form and then drop them when they go off form. Don't drop players that are playing well. I felt that Houston actually stuck with him far too much earlier in the season when he was stuck out wide and playing shit. He then played him through the middle where he was good and then dropped him so he can stick taiwo and kerr together.

I must've been asleep when he played excellent in the league cup games, felt he got in the way in the Stirling game and was subbed at half time in the livvy one, he played well in the ICT game, they were all on the right hand side tho.

As for playing through middle, he has tended to play well one game and dug shite the following, go back to only himself to blame

Thing is Craigen is taking up a wage and slot. If we didn't have so many bang average championship players we'd maybe have cash to get the one or two with that bit extra that it takes to get out of this league. 

If we don't get up and Houston does leave it's time for an almost complete clear out. Far too many just turning up one or two games a year or just in 15 minute spells now and then. 

Fingers crossed we can take the small improvement in performance from the united game and couple it with a more attacking line up as livy don't count as a big team to Houston so we are allowed to attack before we go 1 down.
Just as a small change of subject, I was looking at betting stats for last season (what can I say, I'm a saddo!) in every league in Britain betting certain teams generate a profit if you were to bet them every week, ie, £1 on every celtic league game and you'd make £5 over last season, st johnstone £9 etc. the bigger sized English leagues had 7 or 8 profitable teams and Scottish leagues 3 or 4 teams, with 1 exception....the Scottish championship, a £1 stake on Dumbarton in every league game gave a 15p profit every other team was loss making! What this says to me is this league is very close in standard from top to bottom. The marginal difference between a win at Dumbarton and a win at St Mirren or the pars means the results should be treated the same by our fans, a draw a Dumbarton shouldn't have fans screaming for houstie's head but be happy with a point at paisley for example. this season all the top teams will have "bad" results v Dumbarton or brechin, the key to winning this league is to be slightly more consistent than everyone else, hopefully for us starting v livy!

It shows that the bookies do a very good job of pricing this league.

How much would you be up putting a quid on Falkirk in every league game so far this season?

13 hours ago, MrDust said:

I must've been asleep when he played excellent in the league cup games, felt he got in the way in the Stirling game and was subbed at half time in the livvy one, he played well in the ICT game, they were all on the right hand side tho.

As for playing through middle, he has tended to play well one game and dug shite the following, go back to only himself to blame

The player that got his place was McKee who had missed most of last season and played one decent game against United away in the playoffs. I certainly would've said that Craigen had done more to deserve the starting place than McKee who got it and has been brutal. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Not to defend McKees performances this season as I have only been to 2 games and watched a further 2 on FTV, but McKee wasn't with us for most of last season. He was here for half the season, and missed a decent chunk of that time. 

Thats what I mean though. He played against Dunfermline, and then had a decent game in the first playoff game. Thats it.My point is why should he get in front of Craigen who had played well in both those playoff games and was a player full of confidence going into this season. 

3 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

It shows that the bookies do a very good job of pricing this league.

How much would you be up putting a quid on Falkirk in every league game so far this season?

Once we start destroying other teams on the way to a glorious league winning campaign we will generate a huge profit by the end of the season :thumsup2

(Although at the moment, you'd be well down :bairn)

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The player that got his place was McKee who had missed most of last season and played one decent game against United away in the playoffs. I certainly would've said that Craigen had done more to deserve the starting place than McKee who got it and has been brutal. 

I dont know where you are going with this but for me McKee has more in the bank than Craigen and didnt take 32 games to actually prove what he can do,  he was also better than Craigen was in the league cup games and when not injured last season never reached the lows of Craigen's performances.

Have you got them mixed up, after all you said Craigen was excellent in the league cup games, which I am struggling to work out, where McKee scored 3 in 4 starts and was a sub in the horror show that Craigen started in the Livvy game.

Were you one of those posters who suggested we should build a team round Craigen, after 2 superb performances in 34 ?

Failure to create any sort of buzz or branding IMO. We should sell them "Our Time". We wont be needing it.

The way things are going we'll be getting fined ourselves unless we start winning games. The supporters are already fed up with dismal performances and only a matter of time before they begin to vote with their feet

I can't see us go on any run where we could win games whilst other drop points, I think the damage is irreparable and Mr H should step aside now and let a new manger get acclimitised to this league so when have a chance maybe next season... Unless one of the bigger boys come down and then we'll shit ourselves and play for our usual play off spot.

Joe McKee for me is a waste of a jersey, it's Craigen for me anytime, just thought I'd add that to the debate