The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

5 goals in 13 starts for Raith the last time he played at this level. Not bad for a wide player.

Sure they played him in a more attacking position than a wide player, I wouldnt complain about being interested in him, he really was on a hiding to nothing going non league, being a Tranmere fan, Ive noticed the state of some of the pitches in that league which wouldnt have helped his style of play.

I would think tho, our budget for adding more will depend on where we are come the transfer window, if its panic, it wont be a player in the ilk of him, if we are by some chance challenging, then it maybe someone like him. If we are mid table obscurity, I'm sure it will no one unless a cup run helps us out financially.

I have just sounded like one of the guys promoting bairns fund thing to me on Saturday.....

Money ring fenced for signings, if we are struggling a centre half, if we are going well a striker.....

I came away thinking, we have 6 centre halves, do we really need another......!!!

6 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Are we able to sign free agents outwith the transfer window still or have the rules changed. Houston should getting rid of Watson/Luca/Sheppard. Surely getting rid of they 3 would get us 1/2 decent players with their wages.

Would we not need to pay them off though don't think we can just get rid of players who are on a contract? Not sure where all this money is coming from as the club is on it's knees financially yet again it seems.

Are we able to sign free agents outwith the transfer window still or have the rules changed. Houston should getting rid of Watson/Luca/Sheppard. Surely getting rid of they 3 would get us 1/2 decent players with their wages.

You realise that you don't just magically release players and instantly have the money from their wages freed up, don't you?

Sure they played him in a more attacking position than a wide player, I wouldnt complain about being interested in him, he really was on a hiding to nothing going non league, being a Tranmere fan, Ive noticed the state of some of the pitches in that league which wouldnt have helped his style of play.
I would think tho, our budget for adding more will depend on where we are come the transfer window, if its panic, it wont be a player in the ilk of him, if we are by some chance challenging, then it maybe someone like him. If we are mid table obscurity, I'm sure it will no one unless a cup run helps us out financially.
I have just sounded like one of the guys promoting bairns fund thing to me on Saturday.....
Money ring fenced for signings, if we are struggling a centre half, if we are going well a striker.....
I came away thinking, we have 6 centre halves, do we really need another......!!!

The BFL money won't be for this season it's for next.

Just now, Mr X said:

Falkirk FC - rewriting transfer rules and employment laws since 2017

To be fair we've been re-writing employment laws for a lot longer than that, just ask our erstwhile Managing Director, who somehow despite this managed to blag another job at Hibs.

30 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'm sure if the likes of Joe Cardle can look half decent at this level then Connolly could do  a decent job for us.

Aidan Connolly was a stand out for us when we finished 4th under McKinnon, then again, so was James Craigen so not sure how that colours your opinion of him. Still, 5 goals in 16 appearances for us is a pretty decent return. More than looked the part at 2nd tier level - really nice link up play and proficient with late runs into the box, nippy as f**k as well.

11 minutes ago, renton said:

Aidan Connolly was a stand out for us when we finished 4th under McKinnon, then again, so was James Craigen so not sure how that colours your opinion of him. Still, 5 goals in 16 appearances for us is a pretty decent return. More than looked the part at 2nd tier level - really nice link up play and proficient with late runs into the box, nippy as f**k as well.

Craigen does well in the right position . He was in great form at the end of last season and this preseason but for some reason was overlooked by Houston mainly in favour of mckee whose been poor.

Edited by Shadwell Dog