The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, wullie robb said:

That's probably the problem, they don't feel anything for the club.. 

Absolutely not the problem!

They are like all professional footballers, employees of the club not supporters.

It makes no difference who you support once you become a paid player (arseholes like Fraser Aird excepted) think of all the guys who have played for both FFC and the Pars for example and given their all for both teams.

Loss of belief in the manager or an unhappy dressing room will certainly affect performances and unfortunately I think that is where we are at the moment.

12 hours ago, ANEWHOPE said:

Almost just as worrying as the performances on the park & what is coming from the dugout is the sheer sense of complete and utter apathy from the stands. Yesterday both teams managed to quell any potential unrest from the terraces by delivering a coma inducing performance. We were a Brechin goal from going bottom and the players left to some applause and the manager walked away thinking job done. Unbelievable stuff.

This 

Apologies to the supporters for my rant at the end of the game , hadn't realised that  at the time Dumbarton had spared our embarrassment 

Almost just as worrying as the performances on the park & what is coming from the dugout is the sheer sense of complete and utter apathy from the stands. Yesterday both teams managed to quell any potential unrest from the terraces by delivering a coma inducing performance. We were a Brechin goal from going bottom and the players left to some applause and the manager walked away thinking job done. Unbelievable stuff.

Been like this since we went down. Supporters need to turn on major shareholders if they want change. Abusing Houston every week won't change anything they like it that way. I would also say it is worthless getting on the CEO and Chairmans case too. The real decisions are made above them.

2 hours ago, bejazz1 said:

He's almost like Burton O'Brien Esquire

Pre season he was pushing forward to support the front men but since the first 20 mins of the ST Mirren game he's turned into another sitting midfielder along with Sibbald, Kerr, Taiwo and blues.  On Saturday there must've been about 8 midfielders on the park all very similar , slow and one paced. Its no surprise the game was shit.  Harris was the only player we had with any pace and it was a breath of fresh air to see him taking his man on and beating him on a number of occasions. Hopefully he can start doing that every week. Badly miss Hippo on the other wing though. 

Did you guy's have a problem getting inside East End Park ? On Saturday it was so disorganised we were told by St Mirren pay at the gate , it wasn't cue at a hut 1,500 fans roughly then 1,500 cue at ( 2 turnstyles 4 gates ) my ticket would not work took 10min for a supervisor to arrive and let me in this is at 2pm. Thank god we were early the last of the fans did not get in till 15.35 paying full price. Half time I went down for a tea the cue was huge never seen  (one) so long anywhere at halftime needless to say they ran out of hot food early. As for the game would rather forget Dunfermline were well up for it we weren't thats the short of it.

Edited by Demented Zebra

36 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Did you guy's have a problem getting inside East End Park ? On Saturday it was so disorganised we were told by St Mirren pay at the gate , it wasn't cue at a hut 1,500 fans roughly then 1,500 cue at ( 2 turnstyles 4 gates ) my ticket would not work took 10min for a supervisor to arrive and let me in this is at 2pm. Thank god we were early the last of the fans did not get in till 15.35 paying full price. Half time I went down for a tea the cue was huge never seen won so long anywhere at halftime needless to say they ran out of hot food early. As for the game would rather forget Dunfermline were well up for it we weren't thats the short of it.

Been there.

Dunfermline have operated the super annoying buy a ticket from the window and hand it to the guy at the turnstile for a while now so can't blame them for that even if it is annoying.

For me the worst part of that system is every club knows fans turn up late and don't want hassle just to get bloody in.

The 4 gates at EEP are a joke and would hate to see it when the stand is full.

The pie hut has always been an issue there. Always a long queue and run out of stuff quickly. 

Not a great ground to visit but at least they haven't jumped on the £20 bus yet.

Edited by Gaz FFC

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Pre season he was pushing forward to support the front men but since the first 20 mins of the ST Mirren game he's turned into another sitting midfielder along with Sibbald, Kerr, Taiwo and blues.  On Saturday there must've been about 8 midfielders on the park all very similar , slow and one paced. Its no surprise the game was shit.  Harris was the only player we had with any pace and it was a breath of fresh air to see him taking his man on and beating him on a number of occasions. Hopefully he can start doing that every week. Badly miss Hippo on the other wing though. 

Shadwell you felling ok ?

Edited by AL0011

25 minutes ago, AL0011 said:

Shadwell you felling ok ?

I'll always give credit when its due. We need that kind of play from him every week though. None of this running up to a fullback shitting it and turning back. Just a shame that with one up front and 4 sitting midfielders we had no one in the box when he was crossing it.

I'll always give credit when its due. We need that kind of play from him every week though. None of this running up to a fullback shitting it and turning back. Just a shame that with one up front and 4 sitting midfielders we had no one in the box when he was crossing it.

Absolutely correct. Pity Houston can't see that