The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

I think we've had enough of rookie managers over the years, Latapy our Miller would be very risky and we need stability and experience.
For me, Hartley would be a good option, I never personally think a manager needs to have some former attachment to a club. We need someone who knows the ropes and has managed at this level or above, simply Latapy or Miller have no credentials as management... Jack Ross may be another option, he has done well in every manager role he's had so far. I suppose we need to wait to see what happens if and when Peter Houston departs

Absolutely agree that this idea that its better that the manager has a history with the club is bollox.

It is a job, give it to the best candidate.

Absolutely agree that this idea that its better that the manager has a history with the club is bollox.
It is a job, give it to the best candidate.

I sometimes think it's better that they have no previous link to the club. If things go to rats shit there is no tug at the heart strings in relation to getting shot of them.

You would think that giving the job to the best candidate is a given but then we are talking our board, thinking back to the Pressley appointment was it not between him, McNamara and McCann ,  I have no problem with Houston but this year its not going right and something needs to change  and sharpish.  I do believe if Houston left it would go to a rookie as lets face it we gave Holt a chance, Pressley and pretty sure the line wheeled out was ambitious full of potential the usual buzzwords.

I would love to see Russel Latapy in the dugout. I know it's not going to happen but I'd like to see the style of play he would go with. The only thing would be if it started going bad for him, like in my last post, I would hate to see him getting sacked.

2 hours ago, bejazz1 said:

I think we've had enough of rookie managers over the years, Latapy our Miller would be very risky and we need stability and experience.
For me, Hartley would be a good option, I never personally think a manager needs to have some former attachment to a club. We need someone who knows the ropes and has managed at this level or above, simply Latapy or Miller have no credentials as management... Jack Ross may be another option, he has done well in every manager role he's had so far. I suppose we need to wait to see what happens if and when Peter Houston departs

Jack Ross, I believe, is waiting by the phone for Falkirk's call, as swapping the team top of the league for the one second bottom seems a good career move.

5 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

3-0 skelping of Utd on the cards and Houston an co to give it the season starts now patter, glossing over the cracks and buying a little more time from the naive fan and media before being brought back down to earth a week later.

A clean sheet? You're at it.

David Mitchell wasn't included tonight because he's starting the game on Saturday.

God help us, the 2 games I've seen him play he looked very nervous and his handling was suspect, I've also seen DJ and RT moaning at him. I actually fear for us on Sat, another 1-4 pumping [emoji17]

17 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I sometimes think it's better that they have no previous link to the club. If things go to rats shit there is no tug at the heart strings in relation to getting shot of them.

One of the reasons I was kinda against Houstie getting the job, no matter the manager, sooner or later at one point it will got tits up and all his previous is somewhat forgotten

I think Jefferies was the last manager we enticed to leave his club, perhaps he was out of contract but principally he left his club to join us. All of our managers are post sacked, no job or employ within.

There obviously is no right or wrong way but I think next should have some sort of proven background and not one of us, one of our own etc tag to replace our time for the next man in

One of the reasons I was kinda against Houstie getting the job, no matter the manager, sooner or later at one point it will got tits up and all his previous is somewhat forgotten

I think Jefferies was the last manager we enticed to leave his club, perhaps he was out of contract but principally he left his club to join us. All of our managers are post sacked, no job or employ within.

There obviously is no right or wrong way but I think next should have some sort of proven background and not one of us, one of our own etc tag to replace our time for the next man in

I agree with this.

I thought he was a complete w**k when he was a player but I would go for Hartley. I thought he was treated quite badly at Dundee and although he fits thr sacked category i think he could do a job for us.

Definitely don't want us visiting old ground like Pressley or Yogi and don't want another rookie.