The Falkirk FC Thread

52 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

McKee injured for Saturday and Kerr still not fit.

Hippo, Kidd and Henderson still out with Miller and Sibbs suspended for Saturday.

Its going to be an interesting team selection on Saturday!

I can't imagine that he will pick McGhee and Balletoni together as they've had hardly any training with the club, I could potentially see one of them starting with Watson/Gaspo.  Only way I can see it happening is if McGhee was signed to play on the right, and balletoni plays on left CB.

Midfield is a bit of a head scratcher with so many injuries/unfit!  Harris Blues Taiwo Craigen is the best I can think of (happy to be proven wrong).  Hopefully not another experiment with Loy as a winger!

O'Hara hasn't really had anything bad said about him so I'd expect he'll start

Edit: I see the houston interview saying McGhee and Balletoni will likely be playing

Edited by MetalWolf

56 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

all focus on that Brechin game and getting three points.

Quite sad that we are seeing this a vital game, can't imagine any Falkirk fan uttering those words pre 4th August. I am by no means trying to sound billy big baws or disrespectful to Brechin by the way, but that's the state we are in now.

5 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Sounds about right. That's the last three you've done for me now. :thumsup2

I'm surprised you're admitting to those ones though. I could have sworn it was one of the girls in the office with a camera phone.... 

:ass

Haha..you can only dream about that quality...one day maybe!!:whistle  Safe journey tomorrow, it`ll be a marathon.

7 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Houston will play safe. Two banks of four central defenders.

I reckon our plan is to get 5 Centre backs and have them launch Gasparotto head-first, like a javelin, at anything under 15 feet in height within 40 feet of our goal. Houston has found the exact number of Centre backs required to effectively lift him without sustaining injury.

10 hours ago, BigSpow said:

Wow... ok so there's 2 numptys that give a toss. emoji106.pngemoji106.png

I've a few bets on...had to do something to make it interesting enough to watch. If there's a few goals in quids in. Fairly sure we'll concede so just remains to be seen whether we can do anything scoring wise. 

Sligo Rovers are no better than Edinburgh City in football term's. 
So even if this competition is shite we should still be pumping teams of that standard, simple really and I'd expect at least a two goal win. 

Sligo are of a much higher standard than Edinburgh City. They won this league a few years back and have competed in Europe and not been shown up either.

League of Ireland Premier at the top end is probably around the standard of Scottish Premiership without the Old Firm. A win today for us would be a really good result.

Check odds with bookmakers if you believe otherwise.

14 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Houston will play a back four. When every one is fit it will be
McGhee Balatoni Grant Gallacher

Sligo will be

Muirhead McGhee Balatoni Gallacher

Pretty much agree with that back 4 once everyone fit, reading between the lines of Houstons pre match interview, someone in defence has an attitude problem or simply just doesn't give a f**k,  wouldn't be surprised to see  1 or 2 being released in the Jan window, not like we could have done it there mind you when thin on numbers.

On 08/31/17 at 19:43, All-Star-Par said:

In the game against us I thought the centre backs were badly exposed by a lack of midfield protection, literally two balls played through the heart of the pitch lead to our first two. Not sure adding two new central defenders is entirely what you boys need, surely one energetic centre mid to get Kerr out? 

Sorted that for you, but not far off the mark (no pun intended).