The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, 60`s bairn said:

BTW just you put your feet up and I`ll run about doing all your work for you!!!!

Sounds about right. That's the last three you've done for me now. :thumsup2

I'm surprised you're admitting to those ones though. I could have sworn it was one of the girls in the office with a camera phone.... 

:ass

Would expect to see Gasparotto and Watson leaving once they've got something agreed elsewhere, hopefully we can shift the Maple Queef to Morton and Watson to the likes of Raith or Ayr.

As it stands we're six first team players out with five in, including one we paid a fee for. Houston has been suitably backed, if there's gaps it's because he'd used the budget poorly.

3-5-2 certainly looks like the way to go given the make up of the squad. Could Hippo play right wing back? I appreciate I'm reaching but I really don't want to have to play Kidd.

26 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Thomson

Mcghee  muirhead/ballatoni  grant

hippo   McKee Taiwo sibbald  gallacher

Loy  Austin 

If it helps at all, we have very much stumbled across a 3-5-2 in recent weeks, sometimes with over a third of the team consisting of fullbacks, and it's done us ok. 

8 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

If it helps at all, we have very much stumbled across a 3-5-2 in recent weeks, sometimes with over a third of the team consisting of fullbacks, and it's done us ok. 

Hold on, you have over 1/3 of a team of fullbacks and we have over 1/2 of centre backs - trade?

Thomson
                      Loy  Austin 

Loy and Austin have been honking this season. I think O'Hara deserves to keep his place and finally get a decent run in the side!

Thomson
                      Loy  Austin 

That really does look a good team, bench wouldn't look too bad either. Mitchell, Kidd, Muirhead/Balatoni, Kerr, Craigen, O'Hara, Miller.

Wouldn't have a problem giving Kidd a run at wing back tbh. Was decent there for Queens.

31 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Hold on, you have over 1/3 of a team of fullbacks and we have over 1/2 of centre backs - trade?

Ha, yes, that did occur to me, but nah, you're ok, thanks.

(Our team vs Livi started with Stelios, Irvine, Eckersley and Smith (the lad from Hearts), somehow crafted into a 3-5-2 that actually worked. I was surprised as well.)