The Falkirk FC Thread

Highly doubt we'd go for a centre back considering we have 4

I think we will see some churn in the squad this week.

Don't forget Grant is out for 6 weeks and the other two are hopeless

£700K, fucking hell. Proof, if it were needed, that once you've got yourself a reputation for developing youngsters you can live off it for years and get far more than a player is worth.
If Gallagher was playing for any other club in the division they would be laughed at for asking for £100K for a player of his quality, but then again if he was playing for anyone else he wouldn't even be on Swansea's radar. Your board have played a blinder here.

He has been chased by bigger clubs since he was 14 or 15. He has been hung out to dry a bit at Falkirk playing behind and beside shite. They will develop him. It will be about 250k up front and the rest in add ons I would guess

A centre back released by Ayr is exactly what we need IMO.

Apparently he was a daft money at Ayr and they could not afford him. Think he did pretty well there by all accounts, but it is not the most inspiring of signings if it comes off.

This is Houstons last roll of the dice IMO. I'd genuinely be pretty pleased if he finally addresses our defensive issues.

Would be ideal to recycle Watson, Kidd and Gasparotto with a good CH and RB. Replacement LB if TG is away.

Id keep Aero and play him at CH with Grant and the new CH but think Houston will go for compliance over ability in terms of who he keeps.

£700k and you get Daniel Harvie on loan. That seems like a belting deal to me. Gallacher looks decent, but not 700k decent. Not yet anyway.

2 hours ago, Accies88 said:

Biabi any good?

Lovely guy. Not sure he's up for the Premiership though, although given Rakish Bingham is banging them in for you lot anything's possible.

34 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

£700K, fucking hell. Proof, if it were needed, that once you've got yourself a reputation for developing youngsters you can live off it for years and get far more than a player is worth.

If Gallagher was playing for any other club in the division they would be laughed at for asking for £100K for a player of his quality, but then again if he was playing for anyone else he wouldn't even be on Swansea's radar. Your board have played a blinder here.

Swansea obviously keep tracks on our development team in which Gallacher has been outstanding, he did replicate it first team last season for a few games but hasn't been close to it this season. Houston saying Gallacher has been our best player this season is embarrassing but I suppose the truth knocks money off. 

Swansea also signed Ryan Blair from us on similar circumstances, someone who was outstanding in development league and never really got it going first team

23 minutes ago, Accies88 said:

Cheers much just gossip if he can hold the ball up he's a welcome edition .

Is it a loan deal ?

It will blow out the idea of Swansea won't loan players to us due to our pitch and more likely £s

I actually quite liked Biabi, very raw but I thought there was potential to tap upon.

I'm sure he had an attitude problem by all accounts in that he didn't put the work in or be on time. 

He did tend to either be effective or seem like he wasn't interested tho but he was 18/19 with us. He should be a massive step up to Rakish tho....