The Falkirk FC Thread

Biabi any good?

Not particularly tbh. Never quite enough understood what it was Swansea seen in him.

The Daily Record are reporting that Swansea are willing to pay £700,000 for Gallagher. Judging by the posts in this thread, that's a brilliant offer.

£700,000 for a young left back who looks incapable of defending would be magnificent business.

Although I'd rather we used that money to bin the management team rather than allow Houston to sign Stevie Hammell and Lewis Toshney.

Is Jordan McGhee one of the uninspiring names? The Sun reckon he's on his way to you.21 year old with plenty of experience and who spent last season on loan at a Premiership club in England. I reckon that would be a pretty good signing for Falkirk.

4 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Is Jordan McGhee one of the uninspiring names? The Sun reckon he's on his way to you.21 year old with plenty of experience and who spent last season on loan at a Premiership club in England. I reckon that would be a pretty good signing for Falkirk.

That's 2 of the names mentioned so far. McGhee and Harvie. 

19 minutes ago, Kyle said:

22 appearences for Hearts the season they finished 3rd too.

£700K, fucking hell. Proof, if it were needed, that once you've got yourself a reputation for developing youngsters you can live off it for years and get far more than a player is worth.

If Gallagher was playing for any other club in the division they would be laughed at for asking for £100K for a player of his quality, but then again if he was playing for anyone else he wouldn't even be on Swansea's radar. Your board have played a blinder here.

14 hours ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

Been given a few names as signing targets. Signing 2 of them with 1 a replacement for Gallacher.

All I can say is prepare to be extremely disappointed. Houston needs to go.

I have to say I was a bit knee-jerk when I wrote this. Harvie and McGhee might be ok and I got Balatoni mixed up with an ex Raith player who's name escapes me, although Balatoni still wouldn't inspire me. 

2 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

£700K, fucking hell. Proof, if it were needed, that once you've got yourself a reputation for developing youngsters you can live off it for years and get far more than a player is worth.

If Gallagher was playing for any other club in the division they would be laughed at for asking for £100K for a player of his quality, but then again if he was playing for anyone else he wouldn't even be on Swansea's radar. Your board have played a blinder here.

Someone on our board has photos of the Swansea chairman in some compromising situations. 

4 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Don't think it'll be remotely near £700k TBH; maybe half that, although there would be add-on's that could take it closer to the original figure.