The Falkirk FC Thread

11 hours ago, Russ said:

It's been pretty well summed up the reasons the majority of us are now fed up and want him gone. And I know I'm just going to cover most of what has been said before but f**k it I want a rant.

His recruitment ridiculously bad which considering he was scouting for Celtic before he came to us was something we were all expecting him to do quite well. I'm going to list all his signings for us:

Tom Taiwo, Jamie Macdonald, Owain Tudor Jones, Alan Maybury, Mark Kerr, Aaron Muirhead, Deniz Mehmet, Alex Cooper, David Smith, John Baird, Taylor Morgan (remember that fucking goon), Joe Shaughnessy (played exclusively as a right back), Rory Boulding, Kevin McCann, Paul Watson, Lee Miller, Bob McHugh, Danny Rogers, Ryan Sinamonn, Myles Hippolyte, Nathan Austin, Alex Tokarczyk, Joe McKee, Lewis Kidd, Liam Henderson, Fraser Aird, John Rankin, Luca Gasparotto, Robbie Thomson, James Craigen, Rory Loy, David Mitchell, Alex Harris.

Now whilst there is some good players in there, there's also a large amount of shite. He seems incapable of building a competent defence and he can't seem to replace players that he loses. Obviously signing John Rankin to be Will Vaulks replacement was a new low for him.

He's got no tactical awareness whatsoever and after playing 4-5-1 for a bit when he took over now we play 4-4-2 every week despite not really having the players to play this successfully.

There just a whole staleness about the club at the moment and obviously nothing's going to change with our board anytime soon the playing staff and backroom staff are in need for a shake up. If we want to get out of this division we need fresh ideas and start spending our budget wisely. Two things that Houston is incapable of doing.

Not sure I agree with that!

You can get some XI out of that

Tokarcyzk

Sinnamon
Gasparotto
Watson
Henderson

Aird
Jones
Rankin
Cooper

Morgan
Boulding

What a strike force, with Tudor Jones pulling the strings in midfield. If only they were here now!!
I'd consider Maybury as a player for the list, he wasn't up to much by the time he came to us!!

15 hours ago, ANEWHOPE said:

Unless I've got it wrong (there is a good chance of that) it seems like the overwhelming majority on here are agreement that time is up for Houston. What's next?

Just sit & hope the board suddenly grow a pair?

Is there anything that we fans can do?

A few boos at the end of the game maybe not enough. Houston seems to be the Teflon King in terms of any scrutiny from his media chums.

We as fans constantly do our bit but has the constant disappointment created an apathetic support?

Lots of questions & not sure there are satisfactory answers. Also maybe overreacting but fucking hell they don't have test you. Could be worse I guess, could be an Arsenal fan! emoji23.png

Sadly my two teams are Falkirk and Arsenal. It was a grim weekend.

David Smith would have to be in there surely. 

What a strike force, with Tudor Jones pulling the strings in midfield. If only they were here now!!

I'd consider Maybury as a player for the list, he wasn't up to much by the time he came to us!!

The right hand side of the team is competitive. Could've had McCann or Kidd at RB.

5 hours ago, lanky_ffc said:

It's sound lads, Bill Leckie says Houston is a 'forward thinking manager' and reckons he'll turn it around. Panic over IMO.

Bill Leckie is a Saints fan with a big soft spot for Dunfermline.

OF COURSE he's going to support Houston!

48 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Bill Leckie is a Saints fan with a big soft spot for Dunfermline.

OF COURSE he's going to support Houston!

Except he was. Club allegiance had nothing to with it. The article absolutely stunk of protectionism and the 'jobs for the boys' culture that's prevalent in our game.