The Falkirk FC Thread

Don't think it's going to happen this coming week though..

I worryingly agree. He's not silly enough to walk away from his retirement fund and the board don't have the balls. Bleak times. Genuinely haven't felt like I felt today since we were gubbed 6-1 by Clyde.

Just now, roman_bairn said:

Ever get the impression you might be the visitor that turns up but no-one wants to invite you in?

Is Loy looking for a move back to Paisley already? Seems to be the word on the street that him and Houston have fallen out, worrying times indeed.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The thing about deciding poty after a handful of league games is that predicting it for a normal fan is rrally quite difficult. Surely you can let me off with getting it wrong on this occassion and give me another go in August 2018??

Only teasing. I'd never be too cruel to a fellow Par.

51 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Don't think it's going to happen this coming week though..

Houston going tonto last week didn't help his cause at all. He made such a song and dance about the players (Foran, Yogi or Butcher style) that he had to get a reaction this week. 

A result like that makes it seem the players have had enough, will be hard to get them back from this position. 

I can't understand all the bed wetting tonight - it was proven statistically by our chief exec, on Thursday, that we are (proven by forty years of data) a second-tier team. So no need to worry about being ninth in the second tier - it's where we should be!

And just to make sure we sustain our position, we've put in place a BoD ( Lex Millar FFS) and management team who will protect our proud position.

Flippancy aside I've never felt less optimistic in my many, many years of supporting the Bairns. Even if we replaced our obviously useless manager, which won't happen, our BoD would still ensure we strive for no more than mediocrity.I

3 hours ago, RichieBairn said:

I have no faith in our keeper. How many kicks did he punt straight out today??

Thomson has shown himself to be a decent enough shot stopper. His kicking was poor today, but he was aiming for Harris on the right every time (probably the smallest player on the pitch). That tactic is surely coming from the manager. In the league cup games McKee was dropping deep and we were playing out from the back. That seems to have been completely binned and we're now launching balls to short players on the touch lines. No wonder his distribution looks poor.

3 hours ago, ANEWHOPE said:

However the performance, effort and basic professionalism from many of the players (today in particular) has been embarrassing. Houston asked for a reaction and to me it looked like a big f**k you! If that was the case, then that is shameful. Some need to remember who they are playing for and isn't the name on the back of the shirt or the man in the dugout.

Not disagreeing with you here, but if the players have stopped playing for him, I still think he has to go in that scenario. It might not seem 'fair', but you can't (realistically) sign a full new team, so you make the one change that should improve their effort, attitude and performance.

Edited by lanky_ffc

1 minute ago, lanky_ffc said:

Not disagreeing with you here, but if the players have stopped playing for him, I still think he has to go in that scenario. It might not seem 'fair', but you can't (realistically) sign a full new team, so you make the one change that will improve the their effort, attitude and performance.

One player can make a difference, not deluding QOS here but they'd be relegated without Dobbie last season, lesser value with Mark Millar with us