The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Gbud84 said:

Seriously but lads, are yous still going to win this league cos I'd hate to think I believed everything you's were saying before the season started and backed you's to win it. That's a quid I couldn't have spent elsewhere man. 

Surely it's a quid you could have spent elsewhere?

39 minutes ago, Just a bairn said:

Someone legitimately suggesting Pressley as a replacement. 

I know we're bad but holy fucking shit! 

Not suggesting it, its one of those appointments you dont want to happen but you get this idea our board would make the appointment again.

26 minutes ago, brokeville said:

Harris actually played ok today. I can think of a few that didn't mainly in defence.

His Ok was still not what I'd expect from a wide midfielder, especially one classed as a winger. Muirhead the makeshift right back showed more ambition and wide play in the first half than Harris.... I'm not writing him off but a better coach would get better out him

25 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I never said he was our worst player but just because he was mediocre instead of shit doesn't mean a lot. Great addition to the squad because he wasn't quite as bad as the worst players we had today.Magic. At the end of the day I've seen most of the rest of them have excellent games for falkirk at one time or another whist the best we've had from Harris in a league game was mediocrity.Aird got pelters for his spell at the club whilst people still want to defend Harris even though he also has done feck all. It's just another Cooper or Smith signing.

You maybe right about Harris but to judge a player on 2 starts v 2 seasons cooper and smith isn't exactly fair.

The bigger question now is our leadership either board or Houston

13 minutes ago, MrDust said:

His Ok was still not what I'd expect from a wide midfielder, especially one classed as a winger. Muirhead the makeshift right back showed more ambition and wide play in the first half than Harris.... I'm not writing him off but a better coach would get better out him

You maybe right about Harris but to judge a player on 2 starts v 2 seasons cooper and smith isn't exactly fair.

The bigger question now is our leadership either board or Houston

I said the same after only seeing Smith and Cooper a couple of times. As soon as you hear a player is a confidence player that needs an arm round his shoulder you know straight away that the Scottish championship isn't the place for them.

Great player for the club and has done his best as the manager. To be fair he has produced some great teams that played with spirit and passion, but this is a squad that has had it's day. The guy must be so disappointed on how it has gone so far and will be hurting as much as the support. Suspect he will resign as it's in the best interests of the club. The team needs gutted and rebuilt just like Jack Ross did at Paisley. The youth system is not working and it's where the club spends the money, requires a complete rethink on how the club is run. The whole structure has to go and start from scratch. Harsh maybe but doing nothing is not an option.

So Houston has double training sessions and cancels recovery days then Grant pulls up injured in the warm up and our defence once again looks like a complete mess. Bravo Peter, job well done mate, you really showed them. You can shout and bawl and train Gasparotta to within an inch of his life, he's not gonna suddenly become Messi. I don't get the sense a lot of our players are the type you get the best reaction out of by threatening them but that seems to be what Houston is suggesting to fix things. 

Just now, Just a bairn said:

6:05

Didnt think he said it wasnt till i wtached the whole thing i heard it towards the end, thought he was done talking about it but wants to get his finger out with the 2 defenders he wants to bring in.

He isn't going anywhere by the sounds of the interview. Waffling on about beating Rangers and Hibs at home. What relevance has that got to do with the absolute shambles we are in today!! He also said we were missing 5 starters today including Miller and Kerr. Miller has absolutely gone as a player unless it's a 10 min cameo. Not impressed by that interview at all!!

1 minute ago, RichieBairn said:

He isn't going anywhere by the sounds of the interview. Waffling on about beating Rangers and Hibs at home. What relevance has that got to do with the absolute shambles we are in today!! He also said we were missing 5 starters today including Miller and Kerr. Miller has absolutely gone as a player unless it's a 10 min cameo. Not impressed by that interview at all!!

It's ok though cause We're going to be watching videos of the game again all week. Worked so well last week.

2 minutes ago, RichieBairn said:

He also couldn't remember that the other player missing is Hippolyte, which I think says it all. 

I never said he was our worst player but just because he was mediocre instead of shit doesn't mean a lot. Great addition to the squad because he wasn't quite as bad as the worst players we had today.Magic. At the end of the day I've seen most of the rest of them have excellent games for falkirk at one time or another whist the best we've had from Harris in a league game was mediocrity.Aird got pelters for his spell at the club whilst people still want to defend Harris even though he also has done feck all. It's just another Cooper or Smith signing.

But all the other players you have seen have excellent games for falkirk have had a least at season at the club ? Aird got half a season ? Yet Harris hasn't even had 3 full league games & you've wrote him off ? What happens if he's excellent next game ?

10 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I said the same after only seeing Smith and Cooper a couple of times. As soon as you hear a player is a confidence player that needs an arm round his shoulder you know straight away that the Scottish championship isn't the place for them.

Both cooper and Smith ply there trade still in the championship. A better manager would get the best out of players....I fkin hate Pressley but he got the best outta Mark Stewart

Genuine question Falkirk fans, what's actually happened with your youth academy? Used to bring a couple of decent players through every couple years and was a real envy of pretty much every team out with the Prem. Can't really recall anyone recently since Alston an Sibbald to an extent who has 'made the grade'. Is this kind of youth policy something Houston has pretty much done away with since he came in?