The Falkirk FC Thread

11 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Oh yes, that should be good. I expect he'll be quick to tell everyone what we're paying for Kane for instance.

Are you bringing popcorn?

I fully expect the wages of DU players to be brought up a la McDonald, keatings, fyvie etc and some pish about how we can't compete with those wages, but can't answer how we have managed only 1 point from games against 2 teams similar and one part time team. Some honesty would be hugely appreciated I think, even if it's not what we want to here. At least then we can look at how we can go forward.

9 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

I fully expect the wages of DU players to be brought up a la McDonald, keatings, fyvie etc and some pish about how we can't compete with those wages, but can't answer how we have managed only 1 point from games against 2 teams similar and one part time team. Some honesty would be hugely appreciated I think, even if it's not what we want to here. At least then we can look at how we can go forward.

If anyone believes he will say anything of consequence given his interviews thus far this season then I think they are in for a hefty dose of disappointment. His first step appears to have been to put Miller and Sibbald into a game with the dev squad and it doesn't look like that went particularly well. He tried this with Cooper and Hippolyte previously so i'm assuming it's his goto for dealing with problem players or dealing out disciplinary punishment. Makes me wonder why Muirhead wasn't there as well, if it's true they've had a falling out, and whether that implies they've patched things up with a mind to the weekend's game. Either that or he's truly pissed in Houston's cornflakes to the extent that he won't even play him with the reserves.  

3 minutes ago, PipoIsABairn said:

If anyone believes he will say anything of consequence given his interviews thus far this season then I think they are in for a hefty dose of disappointment. His first step appears to have been to put Miller and Sibbald into a game with the dev squad and it doesn't look like that went particularly well. He tried this with Cooper and Hippolyte previously so i'm assuming it's his goto for dealing with problem players or dealing out disciplinary punishment. Makes me wonder why Muirhead wasn't there as well, if it's true they've had a falling out, and whether that implies they've patched things up with a mind to the weekend's game. Either that or he's truly pissed in Houston's cornflakes to the extent that he won't even play him with the reserves.  

If Miller and Sibbald are suspended for the first team it may be Houston's way of keeping them match fit.  You'll know his managerial ways better than me though.  As for Muirhead,  a few QoS fans have advised you quite often that he is an arsehole. I would still expect him to play on Saturday if you are short of bodies. Surely even Houston wouldn't leave out an experienced player just to prove a point.

2 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

If Miller and Sibbald are suspended for the first team it may be Houston's way of keeping them match fit.  You'll know his managerial ways better than me though.  As for Muirhead,  a few QoS fans have advised you quite often that he is an arsehole. I would still expect him to play on Saturday if you are short of bodies. Surely even Houston wouldn't leave out an experienced player just to prove a point.

He brought on Gasparotto at RB at half-time at the weekend. That implies either he is prepared to leave Muirhead out over a hot-headed exchange, or he thinks Gasparotto is a better RB. Neither of these things bode well. 

2 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

Houston deserves criticism for his bizarre tactics and starting lineups since the 5th of August. His signing policy in not bothering to source any fullbacks is also something I want to know how he thought that through. But I think the board need to step up and answer questions regarding money available, whether Houston is the man to be spending it or not.

Why stop at 5th August..... I think we can date it back a season.

It will be doom and gloom in how much the missing 500 or so season tickets are hurting them financially, wouldn't be surprised if it was said that the board are filling the gap and the only way we can invest in squad is the recent fund raising event thing.

Houston will say Loy will be a final piece of the jigsaw in our team once fit, we needed a right sided mid in Harris and a goalkeeper in Mitchell. His hands are tied due to the missing 500.

I tend to find that these meetings pre going can look like they will be messy are usually defused and most fans are disappointed on the way out.

Is it to early to stick my neck out and say the pars and St Mirren away plus a draw with Dumbarton is disappointing but there's still a long way to go and we do have quality in our team, sorting the defence out would help though. You don't become a bad team overnight and you don't finish 2nd in a league because "everyone else is rubbish" either. Hopefully we'll get a good result on Saturday and Sligo will give us time to sort out problems and get players closer to fitness.

sorry for being optimistic, I'm trying not to, I want to fit in, as homer simpson, the world's greatest living man said "being popular is the most important thing in the world"

51 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Is it to early to stick my neck out and say the pars and St Mirren away plus a draw with Dumbarton is disappointing but there's still a long way to go and we do have quality in our team, sorting the defence out would help though. You don't become a bad team overnight and you don't finish 2nd in a league because "everyone else is rubbish" either. Hopefully we'll get a good result on Saturday and Sligo will give us time to sort out problems and get players closer to fitness.

sorry for being optimistic, I'm trying not to, I want to fit in, as homer simpson, the world's greatest living man said "being popular is the most important thing in the world"

I don't think we're quite as bad as we've shown so far but the managers team selections have made us even poorer. We need to get back to playing players in their favoured positions instead of sticking guys in positions which dilutes their quality.

Higgy's Huddersfield Hurry!

https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/08/23/higgys-huddersfield-hurry/

My interview with Kallum Higginbotham which appeared in the Match Day Programme on Saturday at the match at EEP. 

Kallum talks about his time at Falkirk amongst other things so I thought I would post here for anyone who's interested. 

43 minutes ago, dafcburty said:

Higgy's Huddersfield Hurry!

https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/08/23/higgys-huddersfield-hurry/

My interview with Kallum Higginbotham which appeared in the Match Day Programme on Saturday at the match at EEP. 

Kallum talks about his time at Falkirk amongst other things so I thought I would post here for anyone who's interested. 

That c**t's dead to me

I'll be asking why the full board are not in attendance. The likes of Lex Miller and his merry band of arseholes need to account for themselves too.

You won't see him, Martin Ritchie or Sandy Alexander for dust

On 8/21/2017 at 19:04, Kircer bairn said:

I'm hearing that they are separate deals around £3.2 million - wonder if we have a sell on clause 

Part exchange...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41002813

We'll get hee haw as per. I don't think we've ever benefited as well as we should from having add-ons as part of player sales.

An interesting question would be to ask what investment in the club certain board members have made like a certain DH and others.

The new Chairman has no shares

You won't see him, Martin Ritchie or Sandy Alexander for dust

To be fair Sandy Alexander has backed the club financially more than anyone else and he has never sought to be on the board despite being the major shareholder.

There should be no one on the board who has not invested in the club or can bring financial support.

To be fair Sandy Alexander has backed the club financially more than anyone else and he has never sought to be on the board despite being the major shareholder.

There should be no one on the board who has not invested in the club or can bring financial support.

What backing had SA given outside his initial share purchase?

He chose not to sit on the Board but had a rep in there. Ritchie now represents his and his own shareholding on the Board