The Falkirk FC Thread

Brutal stuff. Left at 4 zip. Defensive shambles with Hussein looking like the new Medhi Kalis.  Sibbald totally uninterested in a game he should stand out like a sore thumb in. He really needs to get his finger out. Very young Celtic side that got pumped by annan taking us to the cleaners. Quite embarrassing stuff.

14 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Brutal stuff. Left at 4 zip. Defensive shambles with Hussein looking like the new Medhi Kalis.  Sibbald totally uninterested in a game he should stand out like a sore thumb in. He really needs to get his finger out. Very young Celtic side that got pumped by annan taking us to the cleaners. Quite embarrassing stuff.

How did Scott "Shepps" Shepherd play? Any hopes that he is about to have a breakout season and finally fulfil his undoubted potential?8)

All,

If anyone is interested in joining BAIRNforLife, please find the Facebook link below and join. You will find on this page the group Ethos, Standing Order and Application Form. 

BAIRNforLife Facebook Page

We will be at the Meet the Manager event on Thursday should anyone like to take the forms then.

Thanks,

Lewis

Edited by lewfal

My first ever under 20s game thoughts:

Maybe harsh having only seen them once but Blues and Finlayson don't look like they'll ever be good enough for me. Langton and Johnson both looked pretty decent.

Mark Stowe came off the bench and made a serious impact and we also brought on a 15/16 year old for Shepherd who was a sensation. He looked a step up in quality from everyone else on the pitch, obviously too lightweight to make an impact but hopefully will be a serious prospect.

Shepherd was dreadful and Hussain didn't look like he belonged there (for all I know he could've been pretty young though)

15 minutes ago, thelocalcat said:

Hussain didn't look like he belonged there (for all I know he could've been pretty young though)

Technically he doesn't, as he's a Forth Valley Academy player and not a professional footballer. It's not that unusual for academy kids to get a run out with the U20s before either getting a contract offer or being released.

1 hour ago, lewfal said:

All,

If anyone is interested in joining BAIRNforLife, please find the Facebook link below and join. You will find on this page the group Ethos, Standing Order and Application Form. 

We will be at the Meet the Manager event on Thursday should anyone like to take the forms then.

Thanks,

Lewis

Joined. 

Not a chance. We've most probably lost out on money based on appearances as we did with Scotty.

I hope I'm wrong though!

I believe you are wrong. Not that Houston, or any manager who was in place, would see a penny of it.

10 hours ago, lewfal said:

All,

Thanks,

Lewis

Whit if av no got facebook??

Past the positivity stage f**k it, on the fans forum bit, think a few questions need to be asked of the board as well as Houston, if this is indeed our time then minimal investment in the team suggest the board dont buy into it as much as we dont.

http://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/fans-forum-thursday-24th-august/

Falkirk Football Club’s first Fans Open Forum of the 2017-18 Season is to be held at The Falkirk Stadium on Thursday 24th August at 7pm.

The Forum – open to all Falkirk supporters to attend – will be an opportunity to hear from Peter Houston on his hopes for the season ahead and also for fans to ask the manager any questions which they may have.

Chief Executive, Craig Campbell and new Chairman, Margaret Lang will also be in attendance. 

The meeting will take place in the new Community Hub of the SLS South Stand.

We look forward to seeing you there.

Houston deserves criticism for his bizarre tactics and starting lineups since the 5th of August. His signing policy in not bothering to source any fullbacks is also something I want to know how he thought that through. But I think the board need to step up and answer questions regarding money available, whether Houston is the man to be spending it or not.