The Falkirk FC Thread

To be honest, no one has done enough for me to be considered a must start, taiwo works hard but can be ineffective, kerr as good as he was in the second half at the weekend also headed the ball straight to higgy's feet for the opener. We don't have a lot of options at the moment and I am not overly confident recommending the academy guys as I don't really know any of them. If we had a bigger squad I would probably rotate a ton of them.

This a more sensible post. I think someone hacked your account earlier & posted some mad formation thing [emoji23]

1 minute ago, ANEWHOPE said:

This a more sensible post. I think someone hacked your account earlier & posted some mad formation thing emoji23.png

If I was in charge no one could accuse us of lacking creativity, lacking sense maybe but not creativity. :thumsup2

Edited by GMBairn

We are pretty short at the moment with suspensions and injuries and a lack of natural players in certain areas. What about playing with wing backs and trying to get as many people as possible in the correct position? 1-2-3-1-3-1, which is a mad sounding formation but should get most of our guys except Luca in positions that they are best in. 

Thomson

Watson Grant

Luca            Kerr       Gallacher

Taiwo

Harris        Craigen        Hippo

O'Hara

Christ if you thought our defensive shape wasn't bad enough as it is, never mind this.
Interested to hear others thoughts on this. Which players have done enough to convince you they are a must start?

When fit at the moment the only two players I'd say that have convinced me enough they must start are Taiwo and Hippo. Not because either of them are exceptionally brilliant, although they're decent championship standard players, but without them the team lacks something. You need Taiwo's tackling ability in the middle as that's something that Kerr or McKee do not provide. Without Hippo we don't have an out and out wide player with genuine pace who can come up with a moment of brilliance on his own. Yeah he's inconsistent but if player well in every game he wouldn't be at Falkirk.

Christ, we are in some state, aren't we? We're gonna scoosh this league, Championship contenders, never make the play offs etc.

How has this gone so bad? From world beaters to no hopers 0-60 in 6 seconds FFS.

Sure we've not started well but we have no choice to get behind the team and dare I say...PH.

Nothing is gonna change here, we ain't gonna spend money on new players, the manager will just plod on, we'll all moan about formations, tactics, over the hill players, too young, not good enough players. Players out of positions, lost dressing room, injuries, suspensions. We should have done this, that. I'm not buying/bought season ticket. Everyone has opinions and not one of us is right.

So, what do we do to get this FFC well oiled machine back on track?

We need to get back out there and support and maybe just maybe we'll turn that corner. There is not going to be any monumental changes, our BOD's will carry on business as usual staying within their budget and not willing to gamble in any way to win this league.

The only change we may get if PH calls it quits and resigns. If that happens the wheels will start to turn again Pressley, Yogi, McCall, Latapy, Maybury, Holt, Hartley, Duffy, Aitken.

We just need to get on with it!!!

ETA...By the way, Taiwo is a guaranteed starter imo and should be captain[emoji23]

I fucking love Tom Taiwo. Fully agree with Bairnardo that him along with Loy and Hippo when fit should absolutely be guaranteed to play.

Bit of a mad shout and I'm sure I mentioned much the same last season but I'd love to see us go to a back 3 with Kerr in the middle of the 3. I honestly think that would just work and would probably be the best use of him now.

Kind of similar to when we moved Scott MacKenzie back to defence but think Kerr being able to bring the ball out would be an asset.

Thomson

Watson
Kerr
Grant

Harris
Taiwo
McKee/Sibbald/Craigen
Gallacher

Hippo

Loy
Austin/O'Hara

Something like that if everyone is available.

Taiwo is our best defensive midfielder he has to start in centre mid.  Loy if fit is our best striker. He also must start. Grant to me is our best centreback so again must start. Thats the spine of your team and should be starting every game. 

I actually felt that Mckee and Craigen were far more effective the other way round when we played united in the playoffs. Craigen was an excellent goal threat in the middle scoring twice and mckee created far more at right mid. 

I spelt it out before a ball was kicked on Saturday that I feared a Luca and Watson partnership, surely no one has forgot the comedy capers at the last Dufc game.
I'd probably look at a back three for Saturday but Houston won't, wouldn't be surprised if he went for 5 at the back tho.
One thing about Saturday is our bench will be pretty sparse, if Finlayson isn't considered for the 11, surely will be on the bench

Not convinced Finlayson will be anywhere near the squad

If Finlayson couldn't make the bench at home to livi when our first choice right back Muirhead was suspended (even though he's a centre back) and Lewis Kidd not fit despite being out on the lash every weekend were out, I highly doubt he'll get near the bench Saturday.

10 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Not convinced Finlayson will be anywhere near the squad

I suppose the level of fall out of Muirhead and fitness of Loy and Hippo.

It would be madness and point out fully the imbalance of our squad if we have no defensive cover on the bench if we continue to use Grant, Watson and Luca in the 11