The Falkirk FC Thread

A concern for me is that there isn't a single player I'd say is an absolute guaranteed starter.

Spot on. For any team to have a chemistry there needs to be a solid group of 7 or 8 who are guaranteed to be on the team sheet in their most competent positions every week. To be in this situation 3 games into the season is a disgraceful product of piss poor planning.

44 minutes ago, ANEWHOPE said:

O'Hara wouldn't deserve to be dropped but a pairing that showed sparks of life was when Shepherd & Austin were paired together upfront for a brief spell against United toward the end of last season. Maybe a bit desperate this early but couldn't be much worse that the shit I've witnessed so far.

Regardless that some see positives in Luca at RB it is pretty awful that we are in a position that our options are Muirhead & Luca in that position. Add to this that this will be 2nd season of debating if the players in that position are ok, poor or completely shit!

Houston has brought Shepherd on when he shouldn't have, on Saturday he should have put him on instead of Harris. Why he thought a lightweight like Harris would have given anything to the team when played up front on his own is anybody's guess!

Houston has brought Shepherd on when he shouldn't have, on Saturday he should have put him on instead of Harris. Why he thought a lightweight like Harris would have given anything to the team when played up front on his own is anybody's guess!

You will drive yourself even more demented that you are if you spend anytime seconding guessing him.

Anyone who says Tom Taiwo shouldnt be a guaranteed starter can GTF. Rory Loy and Myles Hippolyte also should be guaranteed.

Guess I will be getting to f**k then! [emoji112] But to say that based on the start to the season so far, the good, the bad & the ugly that any player has put their hand up and staked a sure fire start is not basing that on performance based evidence.

Loy, Hippo & for the purposes of your point should be be starters I agree, but not based on the games so far. For one reason or another they have all shown frailties & to say are guaranteed starters is based on reputation and a few glimpses but don't say it is based on performances, please don't say that.

Well thats pish. He has played well despite the team and has absolutely earned the right to start.

OK. If if I conceded that he has played well (I don't concede that) has he played sufficiently well enough to guarantee a start? Absolute nailed on must start?

And even as I suspect you will say yes, does it not worry you that you see only 3 players as stick on names on the team sheet.

4 minutes ago, ANEWHOPE said:

OK. If if I conceded that he has played well (I don't concede that) has he played sufficiently well enough to guarantee a start? Absolute nailed on must start?

And even as I suspect you will say yes, does it not worry you that you see only 3 players as stick on names on the team sheet.

I think Tom should start if fit. I'd play him and McKee/Craigen in the middle. Kerr will start on Saturday though. I think we all know that.

I'm not sure what is wrong but we look less fit than the other teams and we don't fight as much as they do.

Somebody mentioned earlier and maybe Houston has lost the dressing room. If he has this is going to be one long season.

Yes it worries me, but the comment was that there is no one who has earned a guaranteed start. On the basis that the starters have to be picked from the players we have, based on performances so far, Tom Taiwo should be guaranteed a start. I dont see how you can debate the point.

And yet debate it I am. But you changing the terms of the debate. I didn't say if you had only to pick from staters we have. I'm just arguing that I don't think anyone so far has done enough to convince me they MUST start.

I would expect a team wanting to win the league should have a nucleus of a team that picks itself. A core that is strong and that there is limited debate about. I don't think we have that and by that deduction that includes Taiwo.

I think Tom should start if fit. I'd play him and McKee/Craigen in the middle. Kerr will start on Saturday though. I think we all know that.
I'm not sure what is wrong but we look less fit than the other teams and we don't fight as much as they do.
Somebody mentioned earlier and maybe Houston has lost the dressing room. If he has this is going to be one long season.

So you think Taiwo a guaranteed starter for you? Who else is an absolute must start player? A player that's selection cannot be readily debated?

You mention McKee & Craigen. Have they done enough to be considered 100% starters.

I agree with you, but Taiwo plays where asked and even when he gets shunted, is consistently among the best performers in our team. On that basis he deserves a start. Houston is at fault for him being less effective than he should be.

And I must say watching him, I think he has actually improved himself a bit with the ball at his feet. See wee bits of trickery and quicker feet from him.

What a boy he is.

I should add that I like Taiwo. I also think he a classic Houston victim. But there is a difference between deserving a start for me & must start.

*this my attempt at trying to find some common ground between us as we disagree on just about everything. Hard to believe we support the same team [emoji848]

We are pretty short at the moment with suspensions and injuries and a lack of natural players in certain areas. What about playing with wing backs and trying to get as many people as possible in the correct position? 1-2-3-1-3-1, which is a mad sounding formation but should get most of our guys except Luca in positions that they are best in. 

Thomson

Watson Grant

Luca            Kerr       Gallacher

Taiwo

Harris        Craigen        Hippo

O'Hara

Just sign Keith Watson and be done with it. You're desperate for a right back, we're desperate to get rid of him, he's desperate to play regularly and I'm fairly sure he played under Houston at United.

This isn't an actual fake rumour or anything, it's just something that makes perfect sense to me as a transfer.

8 minutes ago, ANEWHOPE said:

So you think Taiwo a guaranteed starter for you? Who else is an absolute must start player? A player that's selection cannot be readily debated?

You mention McKee & Craigen. Have they done enough to be considered 100% starters.

I don't think anyone should be a guaranteed starter at the moment but my opinion would be as above.

Our team has been really poor so far. I'd go as far as to say we are missing Bairds work rate.

2 minutes ago, ANEWHOPE said:

Interested to hear others thoughts on this. Which players have done enough to convince you they are a must start?

To be honest, no one has done enough for me to be considered a must start, taiwo works hard but can be ineffective, kerr as good as he was in the second half at the weekend also headed the ball straight to higgy's feet for the opener. We don't have a lot of options at the moment and I am not overly confident recommending the academy guys as I don't really know any of them. If we had a bigger squad I would probably rotate a ton of them.

I don't think anyone should be a guaranteed starter at the moment but my opinion would be as above.
Our team has been really poor so far. I'd go as far as to say we are missing Bairds work rate.

And just when I was starting to feel a bit better [emoji15]