The Falkirk FC Thread

Certainly doesnt sound like a happy camp. Get Grant and Luca at CH. Luca to charge about smashing his head through everything and Grant to do the actual footbally stuff.

Get Grant and Muirhead at CH. It's his strongest position and we've played him there once that I can recall.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Can't understand why he never switched to that on Sat. I reckon we won't see Muirhead for a while to be honest after he got hooked. I'd start o'hara before Austin too. Jury is still well and truly out on him for me. Until he sorts out the physical side of his game which is badly lacking I'd keep him on the bench.

You think O'Hara is more physical than Austin?

34 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

You think O'Hara is more physical than Austin?

No i obviously don't but t hat's not his game . Austin on the other hand is a big lad who gets shoved off the ball far too easily and is murder at holding the ball up. Playing ohara would hopefully stop us playing hoofball and his pace should give queens a few problems.  Thought he was far better than austin yesterday.

Hopefully those wanting Grant dropped will go back into their hutches now.

Watson should be moved on before the window closes and someone decent brought in to play with Grant. Do the same with Muirhead (that was who Houston was referring to as always blaming someone else) and get us a RB.

Must have passed me by the clammer for him to be dropped. The whole defence has been poor so to single him out is bizarre. Without any real conviction I would make a case for Watson over Luca but both not of the quality I want. Watson offers no physicality for me but is at least mobile more mobile than Luca but that hardly an endorsement.

A concern for me is that there isn't a single player I'd say is an absolute guaranteed starter. Early days I guess but I'd like to think we should at least have a solid core.

Houston's interview seemed to indicate more than 1 had answered back or tried to shift the blame elsewhere. Muirhead has previous I guess.

O'Hara wouldn't deserve to be dropped but a pairing that showed sparks of life was when Shepherd & Austin were paired together upfront for a brief spell against United toward the end of last season. Maybe a bit desperate this early but couldn't be much worse that the shit I've witnessed so far.

Regardless that some see positives in Luca at RB it is pretty awful that we are in a position that our options are Muirhead & Luca in that position. Add to this that this will be 2nd season of debating if the players in that position are ok, poor or completely shit!

Kidd shouldn't be anywhere near a Falkirk top and punted out asap.

I hope this is a joke. When he played at full back, it coincided with our best defensive record over the past 12 months. A former under 21 cap (not even Sibbs managed that) and a threat from set pieces, scoring direct free kicks against Queen of the South away last season for example. He is exactly what we are missing right now.

I spelt it out before a ball was kicked on Saturday that I feared a Luca and Watson partnership, surely no one has forgot the comedy capers at the last Dufc game.

I'd probably look at a back three for Saturday but Houston won't, wouldn't be surprised if he went for 5 at the back tho.

One thing about Saturday is our bench will be pretty sparse, if Finlayson isn't considered for the 11, surely will be on the bench