The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, PG.Colossus said:

Just watched the highlights back, was Cardle booked for the swipe that led to Sibbs retaliation?

He probably wouldve been if sibbald hadn't been so stupid. Mind you hippo wouldve been impressed with cardle rolling about as if he'd been shot.

Sad statto type post warning, but I looked at our midfielders and the goals scored v goals conceded whilst they were on the pitch in competitive games this season:

midfield.png.352987f7b2f175f78932ca323111a8e9.png

From that table, and knowing Houstie's ridiculous tendency to stick two fingers up to the fans at every given opportunity – I can happily conclude that Mark Kerr is vital to the team this year, must play every single minute available, in no way slows the game down, in no way forces forward going players to drop deeper to cover the fact that he cannot cover the ground at the base of the midfield, is a constant goal threat, fights for every ball for every minute and in no way headed a ball straight to Higginbotham yesterday than ran away from him at goal #1 and in no way got bounced off the ball by a 17 year old for goal #2.

18 hours ago, MrDust said:

When our goals lost come mainly from the left hand side or central, I think he is looking at the wrong side.

Houston has failed, there's where the problem lies, he has obviously lost the dressing room, fails to promote youth and has left us with a hugely imbalanced squad

Spot on with the youth comment. The much vaunted policy of bringing on our own players just has not worked over the last 2 years and it showed. That is where the money is spent so 2 players a year coming through is reasonable to expect.. Finlayson . Blues , Shepherd either get a run or move them on. Can't be any worse ! and getting even 1 that makes the grade will improve things.

9 minutes ago, Donathan said:

We really ought to consider a back 3 to counteract our lack of full backs

Thomson

Muirhead-Watson-Grant

Craigen-Taiwo-McKee-Sibbs-Hippolyte

Austin-Loy

Can't understand why he never switched to that on Sat. I reckon we won't see Muirhead for a while to be honest after he got hooked. I'd start o'hara before Austin too. Jury is still well and truly out on him for me. Until he sorts out the physical side of his game which is badly lacking I'd keep him on the bench.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Peter Grant has been the worst of the 3 centre-backs so far this season and Rory Loy isn't fit.

So even if the pish above is true it's hardly bad news.

Hopefully those wanting Grant dropped will go back into their hutches now.

Watson should be moved on before the window closes and someone decent brought in to play with Grant. Do the same with Muirhead (that was who Houston was referring to as always blaming someone else) and get us a RB.