The Falkirk FC Thread

Well today certainly was a mess. I can't quite understand people saying Gallagher had a good game when he was repeatedly targeted and they got a goal off a cross that came in with basically no challenge from him at all. Houston coming in and telling Muirhead it's his fault might have drawn a reaction but it's a massively dumb thing to do when he knows Muirhead's temperament. There is one position he can't afford to f**k around with right now and that's full back. Red cards, bizarre substitutions and general 2nd half madness aside we got done in the first half because Houston sent out a midfield of Sibbald, Kerr, Taiwo and McKee. I don't give a shit how bad Harris is, he's an actual wide player. We were already down one of those and i'd take a balanced midfield over one made up of 4 players who all want to play in the middle and don't have the ability to run past their man.   

18 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

on Muirhead being subbed Houston brought up him playing them well onside and my guess is he told him this in no uncertain terms. Muirhead probably mouthed back and was rightly hooked. the worrying thing about that is when kidd gets fit Houston will pick him over Muirhead. he needs to screw the head if he wants to play football higher than this league

When our goals lost come mainly from the left hand side or central, I think he is looking at the wrong side.

Houston has failed, there's where the problem lies, he has obviously lost the dressing room, fails to promote youth and has left us with a hugely imbalanced squad

Well today certainly was a mess. I can't quite understand people saying Gallagher had a good game when he was repeatedly targeted and they got a goal off a cross that came in with basically no challenge from him at all. Houston coming in and telling Muirhead it's his fault might have drawn a reaction but it's a massively dumb thing to do when he knows Muirhead's temperament. There is one position he can't afford to f**k around with right now and that's full back. Red cards, bizarre substitutions and general 2nd half madness aside we got done in the first half because Houston sent out a midfield of Sibbald, Kerr, Taiwo and McKee. I don't give a shit how bad Harris is, he's an actual wide player. We were already down one of those and i'd take a balanced midfield over one made up of 4 players who all want to play in the middle and don't have the ability to run past their man.   

Tbf it was a massively improved attacking performance from Gallacher. For the first time this season he actually showed us he is not scared of the ball and can do something with it.

However he still looks like he's never played in defence before. He simply cannot defend. Might be better as a left wing back in a back 5 but as a full back in a 4 he's nowhere near good enough.

5 minutes ago, Russ said:

Tbf it was a massively improved attacking performance from Gallacher. For the first time this season he actually showed us he is not scared of the ball and can do something with it.

However he still looks like he's never played in defence before. He simply cannot defend. Might be better as a left wing back in a back 5 but as a full back in a 4 he's nowhere near good enough.

Completely agree, he showed more going forward but in the first half he was asked to defend and that went horrifically. I've been saying for a while now that a back 3/5 would be a good way for us to go, I just don't think Gallagher is even necessarily ready for that yet. That being said, he would benefit more than most from it. 

9 minutes ago, Russ said:

Gallacher is a baller and that's probably got recognised in a league where Shepherd is lethal. 

We need left back pronto or a formation that takes the defending to a lesser importance, anyone watching us will pin point the left hand side

9 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

pahahahaha

We were bad but I can't quite get my head round the Pars fans thinking that was a great performance on their part. You played the best part of an entire half against 9 men, conceded a goal and when put under the "incredible" pressure of probably our worst midfield for years nearly threw away what was the most nailed on win you will ever see. If you examine the last 30 minutes it was 1-1 when you had a 2 man advantage, at home. Our team's flaws are hugely evident, but that second half should be a huge warning sign for Dunfermline if they want to do anything this season other than make up the numbers.

25 minutes ago, PipoIsABairn said:

We were bad but I can't quite get my head round the Pars fans thinking that was a great performance on their part. You played the best part of an entire half against 9 men, conceded a goal and when put under the "incredible" pressure of probably our worst midfield for years nearly threw away what was the most nailed on win you will ever see. If you examine the last 30 minutes it was 1-1 when you had a 2 man advantage, at home. Our team's flaws are hugely evident, but that second half should be a huge warning sign for Dunfermline if they want to do anything this season other than make up the numbers.

Our team thought the game was over in the second half. Tried too many silly passes instead of being sensible and working your nine men around the pitch. That said, had Smith's shot off the post gone in and / or McManus' disallowed goal stood, we'd have hit four or five. We all but had the job done by half-time. We can definitely play better; I thought that last week too tbh. Good sign to be winning but have more to come.

Listened to Houston's interview, quite fair enough tbh. Wasn't sure why he subbed Austin off at HT (surely gives you more of a threat than Miller) but he's right in that two of your more senior players didn't help you. The way we cut through your defence at times in the first half however is surely something he has to look at.

Any reason why Grant didn't start? I always had him down as one of your main defenders?

^^^ Proper tears flowing ..... Glorious!!! [emoji23]

Good Morning Falkirk FC

Sibbs signing video montage and answerphone of the wee man rapping today please Bairns.

#COYB #Ourtownourtime

I strayed onto this thread - it's been a while since I've read the wisdom here - and this post was first up. It was destiny, obviously.

Sibbs can rap? Proppa gangsta. Is that phone message on 01324 31 31 31?

How is the "ourtime" thing working out? Players will be finding "ourtime" a bit shorter now with those double shifts coming.