The Falkirk FC Thread

22 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Doesn't what players are picked if the tactic in the league is to pass it along the back four a couple of times waiting for the opposition to get back and mark up before booting a long diagonal, we're not going to win anything.

I think in part your comment sums up our problem.  We have some players that are happy to pass sideways, and that's fine IF you have more patience than your opposition....wait for them to get sloppy and then strike.  Particularly away from home, when it can turn a crowd.  It can be dull to watch (even when done superbly - never liked watching Spain at their peak as it was like Barca without Messi, too lacking in charisma)

but we do the sideways thing then a bit, then someone (invariably Muirhead or Grant) just fucking lumps it, we lose the second ball as everyone on our side has been sucked back to the defensive line.

We're too slow to play the formation that Houston wants, and our ball-playing skills have dropped as players have left and Kerr has aged.

2 minutes ago, PG.Colossus said:

In his post-match interview Houston states that Mark Kerr's jersey is 1 of 3 that's safe! We're f@cked with this buffoon in charge. Absolutely f@cked.

Oh for fucks sake.  It shouldn't be a surprise but ARGHHHHHHHHHHH

Houston has got take responsibility for our displays. It's fair enough saying that players weren't putting in the effort or done this or that wrong but these are all players that Houston has signed for the club!!

Looks like it's going to be a good time to be playing you next Saturday.....please, please don't pump Houston in the mean time!
The few remaining Queens rejects should easily be wound up so wouldn't bet against the ref producing the red card again.
Seriously tho, where has it all gone wrong for the Bairns this season?

4 minutes ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

Looks like it's going to be a good time to be playing you next Saturday.....please, please don't pump Houston in the mean time!
The few remaining Queens rejects should easily be wound up so wouldn't bet against the ref producing the red card again.
Seriously tho, where has it all gone wrong for the Bairns this season?

I could answer that question, But I've got to be in bed by twelve o'clock. 

Maybe have time tomorrow..... 

Couldn't make the game today but in my last post I predicted we were due a pumping, unless someone with deep pockets and no sense comes forwards that means no money to bolster the squad, methinks the board will batten down the hatches for say up to six games and see if Gas Meter can sail the team into calmer waters, no point in shouting and turning on each other as it just gives the rest of the crowds on here a bit of the old shadenfreude.

I thought Houston s interview was fair enough. glad ohara and gallacher our two youngest players played well. I know it's not fashionable on here but I've seen Kerr 5 times this season and every time he's been decent. I just think Houston plays the wrong team. he mentioned people not trying hard enough soft playing onside which might explain Muirhead and Austin getting hooked at half time. Miller and sibbald have let everyone down as well.

Away to United in the playoffs I thought we played some great stuff with a midfield of:

Sibbald craigen Kerr McKee.

I would've tried something similar today with perhaps  taiwo instead of Kerr. This playing taiwo and Kerr in front of craigen is nonsense. He obviously doesnt fancy Harris much either. If your only going to make two main summer signings then you can't afford to feck up either of them and yet we were going into today's game with neither new signing and a worse side than the one that scraped a win last season. No surprise that we ended up getting pumped. I reckon We're a couple of players short of making the playoffs at the moment never mind it being 'our time's.

56 minutes ago, Russ said:

Houston is sum boi.

'Mark Kerr gets a lot of stick from our support but today he was terrific from start to finish'.

He's no got a fucking clue.

I don't think Kerr has been overly poor pre today, last week he obviously was instructed to go between our centre halves, get the ball from our keeper and play it out, the equivalent of asking our striker to drop to centre midfield and be a striker.

On today, can anyone fill me in why muirhead was subbed....the weak link is our left side and muirhead wasn't overly poor, the central defence of Luca and Watson = fuk up central, none of them would say boo to a ghost and Watson to me is a waste of a Jersey, ok for a full in not a starter.

The fact Houston put Grant = I fuked up

Sorry Houstie, u ride ur luck first season, following season had a touch of it, season after fluked it and this season you have been found out.

Time to retire semi gracefully

I'm usually a fan of both Muirhead and Watson but nah utter shite today. Watson and Gasparotto have zero chemistry together as a partnership and Muirhead completely sold the second goal by being a good 3 or 4 yards too deep and was just generally fucking shite.

Gasparotto played much better at right back than Muirhead.

I don't think Kerr has been overly poor pre today, last week he obviously was instructed to go between our centre halves, get the ball from our keeper and play it out, the equivalent of asking our striker to drop to centre midfield and be a striker.
On today, can anyone fill me in why muirhead was subbed....the weak link is our left side and muirhead wasn't overly poor, the central defence of Luca and Watson = fuk up central, none of them would say boo to a ghost and Watson to me is a waste of a Jersey, ok for a full in not a starter.
The fact Houston put Grant = I fuked up
Sorry Houstie, u ride ur luck first season, following season had a touch of it, season after fluked it and this season you have been found out.
Time to retire semi gracefully

on Muirhead being subbed Houston brought up him playing them well onside and my guess is he told him this in no uncertain terms. Muirhead probably mouthed back and was rightly hooked. the worrying thing about that is when kidd gets fit Houston will pick him over Muirhead. he needs to screw the head if he wants to play football higher than this league