The Falkirk FC Thread

30 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Alston expendable after starting 2 outta 3 domestic games so far and I know he started one of the two euro games, maybe two, can't be arsed to look

More chance of us getting O'Halloran on loan from them.

At least the Perth soccer fans up there are consistent with their rumours

The right hand side of midfield is the one area in our team where we look oversubscribed. We've got O'Halloran, Wotherspoon, Alston and Thomson who can all play there and it's probably each player's strongest position. We're playing 4-2-3-1 and Alston looks most comfortable as one of the 3 behind the main striker. He's up against the 3 above, Scougall and Liam Craig for a starting berth. Stiff competition, especially with 2 of the players being our marque signings, Craig being a favourite and Wotherspoon playing at the top of his game.

Alston isn't the player who's vulnerable in our squad right now though. Craig Thomson looks like the odd one out, so if you want a shot of him I'm the club would listen to your offer.

43 minutes ago, Kyle said:

The right hand side of midfield is the one area in our team where we look oversubscribed. We've got O'Halloran, Wotherspoon, Alston and Thomson who can all play there and it's probably each player's strongest position. We're playing 4-2-3-1 and Alston looks most comfortable as one of the 3 behind the main striker. He's up against the 3 above, Scougall and Liam Craig for a starting berth. Stiff competition, especially with 2 of the players being our marque signings, Craig being a favourite and Wotherspoon playing at the top of his game.

Alston isn't the player who's vulnerable in our squad right now though. Craig Thomson looks like the odd one out, so if you want a shot of him I'm the club would listen to your offer.

Got any fullbacks we can have?

Edited by lanky_ffc

3 hours ago, knee jerk reaction said:

how many times in our history have we played a competitive fixture outside Scotland? we're not rangers/celtic make the most of it, I'm going over and I think there will be a pretty good travelling support. team are given cash towards travel by the league

let's be honest, if we announced tomorrow we'd signed messi and Ronaldo guys would come on here (and one f) moaning about how the two of them couldn't play well in the same team or ask why we didn't sign a right back with the money!!

It is an utter c**t of a place to get to.

Middle of nowhere

Be surprised if many more than a couple of hundred travel.

Those TA geeks will have a choice to make.

It is an utter c**t of a place to get to.
Middle of nowhere
Be surprised if many more than a couple of hundred travel.
Those TA geeks will have a choice to make.

Used to travel there weekly! Flight to Dublin, then a 3 hour drive. Also an airport in Sligo so it's possible to get an internal flight from Dublin.

There's an airport amusingly called a Knock International not too far away either, but my past recollections are that you would be lucky to see one man and his dog when you arrived.

That's a feckin stupid time to host a game on a Saturday. Perhaps something to do with the tatty munchers playing at 5?

It's a terrible time and throws my plans out the window entirely, can't go now which is a pain.

My the only possible reason I can think of for this is if people are flying into Dublin/Belfast on Saturday morning this gives them a little more time to get there. Does mean your effectively stuck out in the middle of nowhere for a night however, no night out in either city

It's a terrible time and throws my plans out the window entirely, can't go now which is a pain.

My the only possible reason I can think of for this is if people are flying into Dublin/Belfast on Saturday morning this gives them a little more time to get there. Does mean your effectively stuck out in the middle of nowhere for a night however, no night out in either city

I think it's quite common for Sligo to play many of their games on a Saturday night over there.

Anyone tried to log into Falkirk TV recently? Its saying my username is invalid. Seen this before but cant mind how I fixed it

I emailed a help line, they fixed it in about 15 minutes. If I remember correctly it was a boys personal email address.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Cheers

I just went in through paypal and did it as if I was registering a new accoint. Seemed to work but I have paid my money now so it better work later!

Falkirk tv automatically cancelled my direct debit presumably because the highlights are free now.

just a wee question for any older Falkirk fans, with Sligo coming up as our first competitive game outside Scotland since Vaduz. I was wondering about another competitive match outside Scotland, the Texaco cup game v coventy back in 71-72 season, was there really between 3 and 5 thousand away fans in Coventry? or was that a bit of exaggeration by old fans to impress us younger whippersnappers?

(p.s what would be the chances of us taking any top flight English team to extra time over 2 legs these days!)