The Falkirk FC Thread

58 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

I know we were poor 2nd half v St Mirren and poor v Dumbarton but the reaction on here is totally over the top.

You've conveniently missed out the fact we were absolutely dug shit against Livie as well. The first 3 proper competitive fixtures of the season and we've been decent for 20 mins of them.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You've conveniently missed out the fact we were absolutely dug shit against Livie as well. The first 3 proper competitive fixtures of the season and we've been decent for 20 mins of them.

I honestly have no idea how you can be so aggressively negative and raging all of the time. You must be exhausted.

17 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

And you've conveniently missed out the league cup games where we played well or do we pick and choose what games we can call like friendlies when it suits our arguments, we could've had st mirren dead and buried if we took our chances and the same with Dumbarton, where incidentally we looked a far better team once Harris came on. 

I'm not saying we've started well but things aren't as bad as you believe by reading the stuff on here.

16 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

And you've conveniently missed out the league cup games where we played well or do we pick and choose what games we can call like friendlies when it suits our arguments, we could've had st mirren dead and buried if we took our chances and the same with Dumbarton, where incidentally we looked a far better team once Harris came on. 

I'm not saying we've started well but things aren't as bad as you believe by reading the stuff on here.

The group stages are glorified friendlies with teams chopping and changing and getting player fit and I've said that from day one. Results in those games mean heehaw if you don't perform in the league.The knockout is when the real stuff starts as is the league campaign. The performance against Livingston was one of the worst I've seen in many a year and we capitulated against St Mirren as soon as they scored. Yes we missed chances but is that not a serious worry as we wont win many games if we cant stick the ball in the back of the net. What kind of results and performances would you see as bad then if getting pumped by a St Mirren side that were royally thumped by Morton , losing to Livie and drawing with a part time side at home isn't.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

we are utterly dreadful at the back...with some fanny with a peter grant mask on losing almost every header & been caught woefully out of position. Watson is the centre half equivalent of sooty & christ knows what gallacher is good at but it aint football..how we have got ourselves in a financial pickle again after being sound eighteen months ago is beyond me meaning we will be persevering with theses diddies & our league "challenge" will be over within 6 games...wish to christ i hadnt given this piss taking board my season money again 

2 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

St mirren pumped by Morton, who drew 1st game of the season with the same part time dumbarton side we did....

It's a tight league with not a huge difference between top and bottom, we have the players to do well, 2 games is far to early to judge a whole season.

Playing Dumbarton at Dumbarton is a whole different story from at home. Always a tough place to visit. We should be pumping them at home though every time if we have any thoughts of winning the league this season.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Playing Dumbarton at Dumbarton is a whole different story from at home. Always a tough place to visit. We should be pumping them at home though every time if we have any thoughts of winning the league this season.

I can only hope that hibs get last season's title stripped off them for drawing at Easter road with Dumbarton, the same Dumbarton who drew at tannadice and the falkirk stadium last season!! 

Like I said, it's to early in the season to make sweeping judgements. Despite the comments on here, we didn't finish 2nd because we were rubbish last season and we haven't became a bad team in a couple of months even with a bad couple of games played.

17 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

I can only hope that hibs get last season's title stripped off them for drawing at Easter road with Dumbarton, the same Dumbarton who drew at tannadice and the falkirk stadium last season!! 

Like I said, it's to early in the season to make sweeping judgements. Despite the comments on here, we didn't finish 2nd because we were rubbish last season and we haven't became a bad team in a couple of months even with a bad couple of games played.

Nope, we finished 2nd because Morton ran out of steam and you are right we didn't become rubbish overnight, we've been playing pretty woefully for a lot longer than that. United were pretty dire last season and I don't think that Hibs team were even as good as they were the year before when we caught them. I'd say finishing in between Hibs and Rangers was a good return but last season we were bloody lucky and got found out in the play-off games by a United team who couldn't score a single goal against a deeply average Hamilton. We created plenty of chances against Dumbarton but they hit the bar and forced two very good saves from Thompson which on another day could have got them 3 points.  

24 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

We haven't had a decent home performance since we beat Dundee United 3-0 in February. We've only won one of our last 8 competitive home matches. I would say that is cause for concern.

5 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We haven't had a decent home performance since we beat Dundee United 3-0 in February. We've only won one of our last 8 competitive home matches. I would say that is cause for concern.

I'd have both the UTD and Dunfermline home wins as good performances as down to the opposition were that poor. I doubt I'll ever see a utd performance at the TFS as bad as that day, same could be said for Dunfermline, where both them couldn't pass a ball 3 yards

We could've played our development team and won on those games

Dunfermline sign Ryan from Airdrie. I am starting to get a bit pissed off with our board. They can see us struggling and having to play crippled players at the start of the season but still no intention of strengthening the squad. Houston has either got tired fighting or at best is not putting any effort into getting players on loan. Give us a bit of a boost please FFC controllers before the windae slams shut. A bit of a gamble would not hurt as long as you run the signing past Shadwell first to save us grief