The Falkirk FC Thread

58 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Houston's attempts to sort the right side of our team have been utterly laughable.

McCann, Sinnamon, shaughnessy, aird, craigen(I like him as a player but never a right winger) kidd, harris etc. One shit signing after another to play that side. The clown wouldn't know a decent right sided player if he fell in his lap. God knows how much in wages he's pished Down the drain on this mob craigen apart.

Probably in the minority but I thought Shaughnessy was quite good and could have done a good job for us in the longer term. I'd certainly have preferred him over Gasparotto. Sinnamon we have no idea if he was any good because Houston never gave him a chance. 

Houston's attempts to sort the right side of our team have been utterly laughable.
McCann, Sinnamon, shaughnessy, aird, craigen(I like him as a player but never a right winger) kidd, harris etc. One shit signing after another to play that side. The clown wouldn't know a decent right sided player if he fell in his lap. God knows how much in wages he's pished Down the drain on this mob craigen apart.

Craigen is pish aswell , turns up for 2 games suddenly a hero . What a joke .

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

I wouldn't sack Houston but David Hopkin and Stevie Aitken are doing well at smaller clubs in the league. Dare I say it but I'd also take Ian McCall. Paul Hartley would possibly take the job. There may be managers from down South who are out of work.

So, doing well is compatible with " I thought Dumbarton looked hopeless to be honest", which was your assessment in the match thread yesterday?

18 minutes ago, PipoIsABairn said:

Probably in the minority but I thought Shaughnessy was quite good and could have done a good job for us in the longer term. I'd certainly have preferred him over Gasparotto. Sinnamon we have no idea if he was any good because Houston never gave him a chance. 

Shaugnessy wouldve been a decent centre back but was dire at fullback and sinnamon is now playing for Annan which tells you all you need to know about him.

Way too early for talk of sacking Houston. Yes it's been shite over the last 3 games but it's exactly that only 3 games. If at the end of the first quarter there is no progression and we're still as shite then it might be time.

Also 2nd this season should not be seen as success. I can see how it was over the last 2 seasons however this year anything but winning the league should count as failure imo.

Shaugnessy wouldve been a decent centre back but was dire at fullback and sinnamon is now playing for Annan which tells you all you need to know about him.

Shaugnessy would have been more than decent at centre-back. He's probably been one of the best centre-backs in the Premiership over the last few seasons just we played him at right-back and he was quite shite.

31 minutes ago, lionel wickson said:

So, doing well is compatible with " I thought Dumbarton looked hopeless to be honest", which was your assessment in the match thread yesterday?

Keeping Dumbarton in the second tier without the aid of the playoff is "doing well", yes. "Hopeless" is all relative.

1 hour ago, ANEWHOPE said:

My point was that you cannot read anything into a single photo. I'm sure there are pictures of me were it looks like I am smiling!! But as you know that doesn't depict what is actually going on. emoji22.png

I don't think having an injury/suspension in one position should be that hard to anticipate and to solve it by playing Luca is desperate. He may have thought he had cover but he doesn't, certainly not adequate cover. Although to be fair Luca wasn't terrible there yesterday but the deficiencies in that position hamper everything else in my opinion and ultimately having Muirhead back is no real comfort.

We will never know if my moans would have diminished if we had a winning league start. One of the issues I have is that after 3 years the same is true, we start badly and have to play catch up.

Instead of the gimmicks tho, how about just give us some ambition & promotion. These would all look better if the team won. That should be priority number 1. I honestly think that some of Board went home thinking that was a success as we got a wee photo of that shit in the paper.

Not too sure but i think it was yourself or was BPM but therin lies the problem the board i seriously question their ambition for the club, its not so much at Houston level but i think the boards ambition doesnt match that of the fans we all want out this league but i think after the last 2 season you would think the board would have made a bit more cash available given whats left in the league but i cant help but think they have seen the league this season looked at it and told Houston make do with a smaller budget given what you have done the past 3 seasons any fringe players the likes of McHugh etc are goneas they were bit part players and we have had to rely on younger in the hope that a we dont need them and b one may play well enough to get noticed to be punted to someone willing to pay.  the trouble is if that was their plan its bit them on the arse severely.

As said we all want out this league but i do think if we were to get promoted then we have a serious rebuilding job to do should it happen as no way could we survive in the Premiership with what we have or the board would be happy with their pay days against the OF and make a small profit or break even prior to being relegated.

Edited by Jackie Moon

Not too sure but i think it was yourself or was BPM but therin lies the problem the board i seriously question their ambition for the club, its not so much at Houston level but i think the boards ambition doesnt match that of the fans we all want out this league but i think after the last 2 season you would think the board would have made a bit more cash available given whats left in the league but i cant help but think they have seen the league this season looked at it and told Houston make do with a smaller budget given what you have done the past 3 seasons any fringe players the likes of McHugh etc are goneas they were bit part players and we have had to rely on younger in the hope that a we dont need them and b one may play well enough to get noticed to be punted to someone willing to pay.  the trouble is if that was their plan its bit them on the arse severely.

As said we all want out this league but i do think if we were to get promoted then we have a serious rebuilding job to do should it happen as no way could we survive in the Premiership with what we have or the board would be happy with their pay days against the OF and make a small profit or break even prior to being relegated.

Don't agree it has bit them on the arse severely. Gallagher hasn't started off fantastically but in the last 3 games not many have. He is the only one that Houston has deemed worthy of giving any meaningful game time to, so can't agree he relying on youngsters. If the plan is to play a few more in the hope if selling them on I think they got the wrong man, the fact he has steadfastly refused to play one there and chosen to play a player that struggles with mobility at the best of time. Chosen to play a player ill equipped to play that position and a player whose professionalism should be called into question due the physical state he has returned to the club in.

I think the board are happy with Houston as he delivers what they want and that is the playoffs. I think Houston secretly happy with the board as anything else would be real pressure and he happy to collect his wage and make his tee off time. A marriage made in mediocrity for me and to continue my crappy analogy, us fans will continue to play the role of bridesmaid. We do our bit, time and time again. This is our time? Bullfuckingshit!

1 hour ago, Russ said:

Way too early for talk of sacking Houston. Yes it's been shite over the last 3 games but it's exactly that only 3 games. If at the end of the first quarter there is no progression and we're still as shite then it might be time.

Agree with this. We need to get ourselves as close to 18 points as possible by then (or at least an upturn in performances that suggests we could average upwards of 2.00 points per game for the rest of the season). Over 70 points has got to be the aim this season, so we need to start getting 3s on the board, especially at home.

I thought despite having been hung out to dry at right back, big Luca put in a very good performance yesterday. A couple of scorching crosses.

Agreed, he's not a RB but he was always looking for the ball and looking to get forward throughout. Fair play to him for not shirking responsibility and taking the safest options.

11 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I thought despite having been hung out to dry at right back, big Luca put in a very good performance yesterday. A couple of scorching crosses.

I totally agree, certainly no worse than Muirhead in the same position.

I missed last Saturday and Tuesday thankfully due to being on holiday but read lots of posts on here, so I kinda knew what was coming when I heard the team lineup. For me we're back to where we were at the same time last year where Housty doesn't know his best starting 11. I know we have injuries etc but he should still know that yesterday's team he started with wasn't his best options open to him. I honestly mean no disrespect to Dumbarton, but we were way to cautious for 75/80 minutes.

Mark Kerr should not be starting games for us anymore, no matter who we're playing. You could see McKee driving forward the minute we made the substitutions. Harris looked good when he came on IMO, it was the first time I saw him right enough but we could have won the game at that point. Why the fcuk does he leave it till then to make changes. 

We seem to always give teams a head start in the league then play catch up all year, same during a game, we go behind and have to at least score two to win a game. It's not good enough IMO. We should be starting games the way we finished yesterday.

Sort yer self out Houston, please.

I am not about to disagree with the majority of posters on here that feel that Kerr should not be in the middle. It clearly did not work against Livingston. However, a lot of the criticism being levelled at him on Saturday is unfair. The issue on Saturday was not creating chances...we had plenty. Our finishing was atrocious. My blame for Saturday lay with those who wasted opportunities when clean through. You could say we were unlucky, or you could just think that a sharper finisher may have taken some of those opportunities.

Let's be a bit fairer in spreading the criticism where it's deserved.

Having virtually the same side this season as last should be an advantage over other sides like du who have had total overhauls. There's no excuse for such a shit start and for half the side looking like they've just met. 

Surely the fact that we played better after Kerr departed the scene sums up his current form.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Having virtually the same side this season as last should be an advantage over other sides like du who have had total overhauls. There's no excuse for such a shit start and for half the side looking like they've just met. 
Surely the fact that we played better after Kerr departed the scene sums up his current form.

I probably agree that we were better after he departed. However we were always going to have more of a go in the latter stages of the match and Dumbarton were going to tire.

Just think that there were many players at fault for our last three failures.

Agreed, he's not a RB but he was always looking for the ball and looking to get forward throughout. Fair play to him for not shirking responsibility and taking the safest options.

Yeah he certainly wasn't our worst full-back on Saturday.

Fair play to Gasparotto for his performance on Saturday I don't particularly rate him as a centre back and I never want to see him play right back again but he did try his best and as Bairnardo said didn't shirk his responsibilities he was actually a lot more attacking and positive than Gallacher. He did put in one cracking cross near the end of the second half which was the best ball we put in all day.