The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

The money Sibbs earned the club in 2015 with the goals in the quarter and semi finals of the Scottish cup allowing loans to be paid off early and pull in over a million in profit which seems to have disappeared down the couches of the directors means he should be given a one year deal and be allowed to go at the at end of the season.

5 seasons of service, nearly 245 games yet the club just want their 200k to save for a new stand to make the directors business more money.

Sham.

Money would be used to balance the books I would expect. Would take us about 100 years to save enough cash for a new stand.

Money would be used to balance the books I would expect. Would take us about 100 years to save enough cash for a new stand.

With the regeneration around the stadium I think all we would need to pay for is the seats facing the pitch much like the main.

6 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

With the regeneration around the stadium I think all we would need to pay for is the seats facing the pitch much like the main.

I'd doubt we'd even be paying for that part of the development having already invested a few 100k in getting the developers on board.

11 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Said to my mate on Tuesday night he doesn't look fit.

He looked fine in pre season and against St Mirren but was nowhere near fit to play on Tuesday night. Just shows Houstons desperation when having to play him even though hes injured and struggling.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

21 minutes ago, BigSpow said:

Is it just me or does Rory look unfit and overweight since his return?

It's just you. He's not fully fit due to injury but he doesn't look overweight to me. (At least not at Luca spare tyre levels!)

He looked fine in pre season and against St Mirren but was nowhere near fit to play on Tuesday night. Just shows Houstons desperation when having to play him even though hes injured and struggling.

He would have been better bringing on O'Hara and giving Rory the time to recover for Saturday.

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I thought they wanted him to sign a two year contract or one year plus option. If thats not the case and they simply think they can still get money for him this window then they truly are deluded. If anyone was going to be interested in him they would've signed him by now. On the other hand its also not the clubs fault that Sibbalds agent cant find him a club willing to pay a moderate fee for his services . If the bod are offering him a 2 year deal then their only covering the clubs position and at the end of the day he'll be 24 when that ends and able to sign for anyone he wants for nothing and at only  24 he'll still have a good bit of his career in front of him.  As I've said already best option is for him to sign the deal play like a man possessed and he'll get his move quickly anyway , we get cash for him and everyones a winner.

At the end of the day theres no room for sentimentality in football these days. 

The club have offered him a deal (that may be 2 years or the 1 year option one) which they had to do to protect the fee. They can't stop him from signing it unless they withdraw it which would mean that he could leave for nothing. It's Sibbs therefore (IMO) that wants to change the terms; or his agent more likely!

I think we should give him the 1 year deal if that's what he wants because we need him ASAP!

10 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

The club have offered him a deal (that may be 2 years or the 1 year option one) which they had to do to protect the fee. They can't stop him from signing it unless they withdraw it which would mean that he could leave for nothing. It's Sibbs therefore (IMO) that wants to change the terms; or his agent more likely!

I think we should give him the 1 year deal if that's what he wants because we need him ASAP!

I don't think it matters if we withdraw it or not now. As far as the rules go we made him an offer that was on at least the same terms as his previous one. He chose not to sign it and that's all we had to do to make sure we got compensation. However, there's obviously no point in us withdrawing the offer as there' s now hee haw chance anyone is going to sign him. 

18 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I don't think it matters if we withdraw it or not now. As far as the rules go we made him an offer that was on at least the same terms as his previous one. He chose not to sign it and that's all we had to do to make sure we got compensation. However, there's obviously no point in us withdrawing the offer as there' s now hee haw chance anyone is going to sign him. 

Well, if that's true then that's just mental! 

So, effectively, a club could make an offer one day, withdraw it the next and still be a due a fee? 

30 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Well, if that's true then that's just mental! 

So, effectively, a club could make an offer one day, withdraw it the next and still be a due a fee? 

The offer has to be equal to or better than what he was on. Usually the offer like in this case is on the table before the end of the season . I seem to remember Houston saying at the agm that offers to Houston and sibbald were on the table to ensure we didn't lose them for nothing. It's to stop players taking weeks to decide what their doing whilst the club would not be able to use the wage for someone else. Player then signs with someone else on the last day of the window and the club is snookered. Clubs have the choice to move on to other players whilst still being eligible for compo or hanging on to hope the player resigns. We're hanging on at the moment but would be quite entitled to withdraw the offer and use the wages to sign someone else and still get any money if he found another club.  Since the chances of him getting another club are zilch though there's no real point in doing that unless we can find a player if a similar standard on a similar wage which is even more unlikely.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Stranger things have happened on deadline day. There surely is a slim chance he may get a move, our board will more than likely be easier to deal with re a compo fee either on the 31st August or leading to it.

A reduced fee and add ons usually do the trick, a club that haven't perhaps started well, an English club who may have got through their league cup and got a decent draw. Sibbs agent if worth owt will be sniffing around till the end of this month, knowing full well the Falkirk safety net will be there, which is why I can't see this being resolved till September