The Falkirk FC Thread

31 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

He is because the club want a year with a year option which means they can have a fee for him next summer.

No one wants to pay now so how the club think they can get one next summer is beyond me.

He would be nuts to sign it, you or I wouldn't sign it nor would our Directors so why they are holding out is beyond any reasonable comprehension.

Take away all of that the lad has been with us since a young kid. He gave the club a huge return in 2015 alone by scoring the winner in the Cup Semi so he owes the club nothing IMO. That crust he earned the club also paid off the directors loans.

They should be giving him his year, telling him to help try get us up and shaking his hand next summer and say thanks for everything Craig. You never know he may even want to re-sign if we were to somehow get up.

Would he not be even more nuts to go a year without any income and by next Summer whose going to sign a player that hasn't kicked a ball for 12 months? As I said previously if he signed a two year deal he'd still only be 24 when that finished and like Leahy he could then pick and choose who he went to.  In the meantime if he wanted to leave earlier it would be up to him to perform at a level that would convince clubs he's willing to pay a fee for.  Is Falkirk that bad that he couldnt stomach another two years here? Sign the contract knuckle down and start turning it on week in week out and he'll get his move maybe even in january . He needs to ask himself why when teams like Swansea are willing to pay cash for the likes of Biabi and Blair their not willing to shell whats peanuts to them for him.

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Kingsley is the boi.  Handles the PL with ease.  

I assume this is meant to be sarcastic but you're actually quite correct; he's acquitted himself very well any time he's been selected to the point that he made a brief appearance for Scotland last season.

Works both ways, the players tend to have it all in their favour, this is just one loophole post Bosman where the club has the upper hand

The club would have the upper hand if their position was logical. It is nothing more than "we are fuckin skint again and we will give anyone away for f**k all". Sibbald in the squad give them a better chance of growing the business than us getting sweets for him

Would he not be even more nuts to go a year without any income and by next Summer whose going to sign a player that hasn't kicked a ball for 12 months? As I said previously if he signed a two year deal he'd still only be 24 when that finished and like Leahy he could then pick and choose who he went to.  In the meantime if he wanted to leave earlier it would be up to him to perform at a level that would convince clubs he's willing to pay a fee for.  Is Falkirk that bad that he couldnt stomach another two years here? Sign the contract knuckle down and start turning it on week in week out and he'll get his move maybe even in january . He needs to ask himself why when teams like Swansea are willing to pay cash for the likes of Biabi and Blair their not willing to shell whats peanuts to them for him.

He owes us nothing. The right thing to do is give him the year he wants. No one with their head screwed on would sign the deal the club are offering. Not even you

4 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I assume this is meant to be sarcastic but you're actually quite correct; he's acquitted himself very well any time he's been selected to the point that he made a brief appearance for Scotland last season.

Its a shame we're not a patch on the much vaunted highland academy which has only produced one player of any substance and he cant get a game for celtic.

Just now, Back Post Misses said:

He owes us nothing. The right thing to do is give him the year he wants. No one with their head screwed on would sign the deal the club are offering. Not even you

If you look at it from the clubs point of view they've invested a lot of cash in the player too. A lot of players would be quite happy to get offered a two year contract at a side like Falkirk .Its not their fault that the player and agent cant find anyone who wants to pay a pretty nominal fee these days considering the current transfer market. If I had the choice of spending a year with no income or having two years of guaranteed income then I'd sign the deal no problem. As I said its not as if their looking to tie him up on a Jim McLean 5 year deal. At the end of this he'll only be 24 and the same age as Leahy when he left this season . He should have the confidence in himself to think I'm going to play my arse off this season so that someone will come in with an offer that Falkirk can't turn down and then everyones happy.  If he's got ambition then he has to show it more on the park.  As I said previously last year he was up and down and when it came to the crunch with the tv cameras on him he didn't perform.  If he is that desperate to move on he should've been thinking about this last season and making sure that he played at a level that would have a lot of clubs wanting him but he didnt unfortunately. 

Yes and thats okay if we're happy to piss about in the playoffs again this year finish top 4 and then get pumped out and find we're still in this league for what the 9th season on the trot but I for one would like us to actually make a decent effort to win the league and gain automatic promotion this season. We don't have time therefore to wait for him or anyone else to get up to speed I'm afraid . Our team should be ready for the off day one and hitting the ground running. It was different in Kingsleys time when we're finishing 27 points behind Ross County and able to give inexperienced players games but if we want to win the league we havent got that luxury. 

I agree with almost everything you say if this post was centred on almost any other player.

We should be able to be in a position to win the league outright & play at least 1 young player and allow him/them to develop. The two are not mutually exclusive, yet they are treated as if achieving this would be an impossibility. In addition the player should already have had much more meaningful game time already and this would be a non issue.

I've made my feelings very clear on what I think of our board & our manager in particular and I'm even boring myself but all our frailties & deficiencies stem from their collective failure to address fairly glaring cracks in our team/structure. The cup results didn't change my views on this and the defeat at the weekend hasn't swayed my views also.

1 hour ago, ANEWHOPE said:

I agree with almost everything you say if this post was centred on almost any other player.

We should be able to be in a position to win the league outright & play at least 1 young player and allow him/them to develop. The two are not mutually exclusive, yet they are treated as if achieving this would be an impossibility. In addition the player should already have had much more meaningful game time already and this would be a non issue.

I've made my feelings very clear on what I think of our board & our manager in particular and I'm even boring myself but all our frailties & deficiencies stem from their collective failure to address fairly glaring cracks in our team/structure. The cup results didn't change my views on this and the defeat at the weekend hasn't swayed my views also.

I agree the fullback areas were always going to be a problem this year and I'm still to be very much convinced that we've resolved our right sided issue which we've had since Alston moved on. Signing up Kerr to me was also a mistake. I'd much rather we'd looked elsewhere for a more physical central midfielder.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Its a shame we're not a patch on the much vaunted highland academy which has only produced one player of any substance and he cant get a game for celtic.

Getting a bit defensive there? Look like a genuine compliment to me. Kingsley looks like he'll have a good career ahead of him. 

I agree the fullback areas were always going to be a problem this year and I'm still to be very much convinced that we've resolved our right sided issue which we've had since Alston moved on. Signing up Kerr to me was also a mistake. I'd much rather we'd looked elsewhere for a more physical central midfielder.

It is a mistake if he is to be a regular starter & dependent on him to control games & be dominant. He could be a good impact sub & offers a little cover. I know we don't have the finance but I'd also like the German model of playing experienced players like him & Miller in our development squad. Totally agree that a bit of strength needed in our midfield. And before certain people jump in that doesn't mean 'hatchet' man. It also not something based on 1 game but a point I've made consistently for some time now.

I know not many will disagree with this but I think Sibbald (especially the Sibbald from last season) has much more steel & grit about him that all the others we have. Taiwo can tackle but picks up a fair number of bookings and often has to be subbed off as he is in danger of being sent off.

I don't expect anyone to be added tho & who it could be I don't know. I'm sure if they live within a 30 mile radius of Houston then there might be a chance.

4 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Getting a bit defensive there? Look like a genuine compliment to me. Kingsley looks like he'll have a good career ahead of him. 

He will be in thew English Championship by the end of August I would wager, not that means he won't have a good career

Disappointed there isn't a grade threshold to be honest. 

Two As or more; sit behind the goals. Anything less and you can only get a ticket in the main stand, sitting with all the auld c***s crunching Werther's Originals for 90 minutes.

49 minutes ago, smpar said:

Two As or more; sit behind the goals. Anything less and you can only get a ticket in the main stand, sitting with all the auld c***s crunching Werther's Originals for 90 minutes.

Hey steady on, there's nothing wrong with Werther's

Edited by Hawk

1 hour ago, ANEWHOPE said:

It is a mistake if he is to be a regular starter & dependent on him to control games & be dominant. He could be a good impact sub & offers a little cover. I know we don't have the finance but I'd also like the German model of playing experienced players like him & Miller in our development squad. Totally agree that a bit of strength needed in our midfield. And before certain people jump in that doesn't mean 'hatchet' man. It also not something based on 1 game but a point I've made consistently for some time now.

I know not many will disagree with this but I think Sibbald (especially the Sibbald from last season) has much more steel & grit about him that all the others we have. Taiwo can tackle but picks up a fair number of bookings and often has to be subbed off as he is in danger of being sent off.

I don't expect anyone to be added tho & who it could be I don't know. I'm sure if they live within a 30 mile radius of Houston then there might be a chance.

Agree with the points about the need for someone to start exerting some authority in midfield.  Ideally the term "sparingly" should be uppermost in Houstie's vocab in connection with Kerr's involvement this season. Also agree on the oft-repeated plea for a bit of strength in midfield. Its been a glaring deficiency since before Rugby Park, was painfully obvious that day, and never dealt with since which is frankly a nonsense.