The Falkirk FC Thread

An odd game & performance today.

Very impressive for the 1st 20-25 minutes & then it all went to pot. Pretty typical Falkirk to be honest, wee ray of hope and then bang, a kick in the balls. Just as it is was too early to judge after the cup games, it is way too early to judge after that.

However what it did highlight once more is a weak spot & that was right back & asking Hippo to help out defensively, Harris struggled with that also but unfair to call that a trait.

Also those that contest that we can't change a settled team & where does Sibbald fit in, then I would make them watch that again. Whether you start him or not (I would) he would offer much needed creativity & spark. With Loy injured, McKee having a quiet game & Harris anonymous, the more options we have the better. So come home Craig.

However what it did highlight once more is a weak spot & that was right back & asking Hippo to help out defensively, Harris struggled with that also but unfair to call that a trait.

Also those that contest that we can't change a settled team & where does Sibbald fit in, then I would make them watch that again. Whether you start him or not (I would) he would offer much needed creativity & spark. With Loy injured, McKee having a quiet game & Harris anonymous, the more options we have the better. So come home Craig.

I honestly don't think right-back is that much of a weak position for us. Aye Muirhead isn't the greatest full-back we've ever had but he's solid and (usually) reliable. I certainly didn't think he was having a particularly poor game until his heads gone for the red card. Also think Hippo does a decent enough job of tracking back and trying to help out the full-back so far I'm just not sure how good Gallacher actually is.

If there's seriously any fan that doesn't think Sibbs would walk back into our team and improve us then football probably isn't for them.

2 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Was it not a bad challenge he was sent off for? That would be serious foul play, rather than violent conduct.

I don't know if there is a difference in the suspensions for those offences.

Is an elbow to the head not violent conduct? If the ref deemed it wasn't deliberate then he wouldn't have been off.

I honestly don't think right-back is that much of a weak position for us. Aye Muirhead isn't the greatest full-back we've ever had but he's solid and (usually) reliable. I certainly didn't think he was having a particularly poor game until his heads gone for the red card. Also think Hippo does a decent enough job of tracking back and trying to help out the full-back so far I'm just not sure how good Gallacher actually is.

If there's seriously any fan that doesn't think Sibbs would walk back into our team and improve us then football probably isn't for them.

I think I will just move on because I have rarely disagreed with a post as much as I do with the first half of this. Instead I will fully endorse the 2nd part and we can move on, all friendly like! [emoji108]

5 minutes ago, Russ said:

Muirhead is ok till it comes to the big crunch games and then is found wanting. It was the same against du in the playoffs. Let's not forget he's a makeshift rb at the end of the day and yet Houston still hasn't managed to replace him after 2 full seasons. In an ideal world sibbald would move on and we'd be able to sign a couple of players but that looks remote so get him back signed up.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

No but then if your supposed first choice winger isn't going to bother trying to take on the full back then your as well having someone that can at least cross and make a pass.

Craigen needs to start . He & Joe McKee have goals in them..forget Kerr he's done..we need to play him in central midfield