The Falkirk FC Thread

Yup, I'm sure he went down to England, got a new agent and didn't sign the initial contract with Falkirk because he really wanted to stay.

^^^^^^^ raging we still have our best player

Sibbald is alright but there's no way he should be back in the team at the moment.

Where would he play? Certainly would not take the place of Hippolyte or McKee the way they are playing, I would say that's the only two positions he can play.

Rubbish, he could easily play beside McKee. The two of them bossed our Fife friends in February.
I also remember him playing in the challenge cup final beside Jay Fulton and bossing that game too.

The anti Sibbs rhetoric from some is embarrassing

Sibbald and Mckee strolled the last home game against the pars. Wedderburn and Heron certainly got schooled that day.

Our worst performance of the season by quite a distance that day, we were awful. John Baird and Lee Miller were great together that day.

Rubbish, he could easily play beside McKee. The two of them bossed our Fife friends in February.
I also remember him playing in the challenge cup final beside Jay Fulton and bossing that game too.

The anti Sibbs rhetoric from some is embarrassing

I'm not anti sibbs, I just don't think he'd fit in to the team at the moment. Taiwo, Kerr, Hippolyte, Harris, Craigen, McKee. All playing well, can't drop any of them.

9 minutes ago, ka202 said:

I'm not anti sibbs, I just don't think he'd fit in to the team at the moment. Taiwo, Kerr, Hippolyte, Harris, Craigen, McKee. All playing well, can't drop any of them.

Hopefully we're not going for a 6 man midfield!

I agree though that if Sibbs signs he'll need to earn his place back in the team as he's not going to be match fit right now, it's a long season and if he signs he'll make a big contribution to our season. As said above it'll likely do everyone the world of good to have to earn their places rather than being a guaranteed starter.

Hopefully we're not going for a 6 man midfield!
I agree though that if Sibbs signs he'll need to earn his place back in the team as he's not going to be match fit right now, it's a long season and if he signs he'll make a big contribution to our season. As said above it'll likely do everyone the world of good to have to earn their places rather than being a guaranteed starter.

Obviously not 6, I just mean for me the midfield would be Harris, Taiwo, McKee and Hippolyte, good balance with Taiwo sitting. Then you've got Craigen and Kerr to come in if any one of those 4 are injured. Sibbald would need to do well to take he place of any one of those 6 right now

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

2-3 times? his wages may just tempt him to though.

Edited to add a question mark as I'm obviously guessing at the numbers!

Houstie obviously is financially sound if he is looking to retire after this season, I suppose the £s to add to it maybe tempting but I agree with other poster that Hearts want a younger coach. If it was a steady ship through the season, it may have been different with interest from Hearts

1 hour ago, BendtnerBairn said:

Sibbs to Hearts n that. Sounds quite gid tbh.

Houstie already stating Sibbs wont walk back into the Falkirk team

That Houston hasn't managed to get the team out of the Second Division, in 3 attempts, speaks volumes.

A complete meh, if he goes. As for a replacement, I'd say Dumbarton's Steve Aitken, but the BoD's would go with Miller/Kerr.

Houston not currently on Ladbrokes short list for Tynecastle, although he is being put forward by some of their fans (and despite Alex McLeish & Terry Butcher being 'in the running' :lol:).  

Pressley quoted at 4/1 fav - interesting/amusing to see how the Jambos would respond to the ba' heid now, what with his Celtic-badge kissing behaviour as a lasting image.... 

That Houston hasn't managed to get the team out of the Second Division, in 3 attempts, speaks volumes.
A complete meh, if he goes. As for a replacement, I'd say Dumbarton's Steve Aitken, but the BoD's would go with Miller/Kerr.

They're grooming Maybury for the role when Houston departs

1 minute ago, Disco Duck said:

I would have thought Hartley the most likely - good fit, right combination of youngish and experienced, Hearts man...

Not sure he's a manager that would be willing to work under a director of football though. The more experienced managers want to be in control of everything whilst the inexperienced are happy to put up with a director of football  to get their foot in the door at a big club. 

9 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

The club will get a tidy sum if he goes down south and considerably less if he finds another club in Scotland. I think the club are actively trying to ensure he finds a club in England as they will get no money at all for him next year. So I heard from a pretty reliable source anyway.

No shit Sherlock!