The Falkirk FC Thread

I've always been in the "Sibbald is overrated" camp. However, he was our best midfielder by a long way last season and it's obviously great that he will likely be returning. I just hope Houston doesn't wedge him into the starting 11 given our early season form without him. 

Sibbald is alright but there's no way he should be back in the team at the moment.

Where would he play? Certainly would not take the place of Hippolyte or McKee the way they are playing, I would say that's the only two positions he can play.

9 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Was it not Gow who gave the Falkirk fans the V sign (or similar) soon before he left?

He cupped his ear to us when he scored against Dunfermline at East End Park after he'd signed his PCA with Rangers (RIP 2012).

52 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

"utterly humiliating" = being in an unchanged position from last season

Aye sound, bet he's scared to leave the house for fear of the shame he would feel.

Yup, I'm sure he went down to England, got a new agent and didn't sign the initial contract with Falkirk because he really wanted to stay.

10 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

There are Falkirk fans who are really still happy that old c**t Smith is at the club emoji38.png servile dinosaur that he is.

Maybe but as far as I've been told he's excellent when it comes to the academy etc. Cant say I agree with a lot of the pish he comes out with though. He should be trying to encourage him to stay and not hawking him off . 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Maybe but as far as I've been told he's excellent when it comes to the academy etc. Cant say I agree with a lot of the pish he comes out with though. He should be trying to encourage him to stay and not hawking him off . 

He's just toeing the BoD party line, they need him to go for the money, if not Gallagher will be off to Swansea before the deadline, hopefully they'll loan him back for the season.

9 hours ago, kevinffc said:

I came back from florida too at that time. lol.

You weren't the kid I seen at Universal studios wearing the Falkirk top were you?

Would've been around 9 years old I guess

Edited by Gaz FFC

5 minutes ago, minijc said:

Just wondering what formation you guys will go with this season and what your best 11 would be, cheers.

I think it's a straight 442 with the CB pairing grant as the only real choice for the manager

Thompson

Muirhead Watson/Luca Grant Gallacher

Harris    McKee Taiwo   Hippolyte

Austin Loy

Subs: Mitchell, Luca/Watson, Henderson (if he's the backup fullback), Kerr, Craigen, O'Hara/Shepherd, Miller

Edited by ilostmyself

Just now, ilostmyself said:

No problem, I've added in what I reckon our bench will be too, what's it for?

I've decided to take my betting on the Scottish game more serious so trying to work out the best starting line up for each side to help get me an a slight edge, I was considering doing a season preview on each league and putting out a blog but work has gotten in the way and I'm running out of time.