The Falkirk FC Thread

13 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Plan things not always for the short term.

Don't let costs run away in the last 8 months when Ronnie Bateman resigned because of Henderson.

Offer him a contract that shows the club has ambition to get to the Premiership. To replace Sibbald's quality it will cost more than retaining him.

So we've not to let costs run away, but we've to throw money at the "problem"?  Ok then.

So we've not to let costs run away, but we've to throw money at the "problem"?  Ok then.

I mean 140k to a consultant close to the MSG to build the vanity project that is the East Stand as an example.

We made £1.2m profit two seasons ago. We are now potless. What part of financial mismanagement do you not get?

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

At this point I have to confess I am not a man of any sort of business prowess. I just want my Sibbs back and get on with absolutely romping this league 2002 style.

Now this I agree with 

9 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Between some of the comments here and on that FB page I do wonder about our fans sometimes.

If Sibbs signs back on, which I hope he does, he's a first pick on the park. Where? Taiwo currently but also remember Hippo will do his usual 2 good games to 3 quiet ones ratio.

Hopefully he's back in the squad come Paisley next week.

Spot on mate.

I've mentioned before that some of our fans want us to fail so they can say 'I told you so'.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

That implies Sibbald has done wrong. What is he guilty of? Trying to better himself? He owes Falkirk nothing. This mess lies completely at the feet of our Directors/Shareholders

He owes us nothing and we owe him nothing either. His agent should take some of the hit though as he seems unable to get him any options apart from a midweek break in luton.  First thing id be doing if i was sibbald would be getting someone else to help run my affairs.

As for the bod can anyone actually confirm 100% that sibbald wanted to sign his contract last week but this was refused? No rumours , no someones m8 told me this.

He owes us nothing and we owe him nothing either. His agent should take some of the hit though as he seems unable to get him any options apart from a midweek break in luton.  First thing id be doing if i was sibbald would be getting someone else to help run my affairs.

As for the bod can anyone actually confirm 100% that sibbald wanted to sign his contract last week but this was refused? No rumours , no someones m8 told me this.

He wanted to sign just accept that is the case and stop second guessing it. Anyone could come on here and say 100% he wanted to sign it will prove nothing. You either believe or not.

Too many saying it and not just people on forums. People who have actually spoken to him. I was told by someone who had spoken to the lad twice.

He has just moved agent in March who is Vaulks agent and has a good reputation.

This is a situation the club have engineered as they are desperate for cash.

I'm sure someone will post up a screenshot of the email from the board to Sibbs any minute now yeah....

No rumours or such like? It's a football forum ffs.

Why has his agent then not said anything. I'd be straight to the press saying Craig wants to re-sign but unfortunately the contract is no longer on the table and we'll now  have to look elsewhere. Pretty simple to me and would put pressure on the bod to get it sorted.

tbf the bit with the board seems more than likely as lets face it for what we let go we have signed 3 players in Mitchell, Harris and Loy the rest have stepped up from the development/academy.

I cant fault Sibbs as end of the day anyone of us would move to better our career and more cash just unfortunate all his agent can get him is Luton and that "IF" true which is more than probable the board want want him to move on so they can cash in on him in which case the only person suffering out of all this is Sibbs and if the board do eventually let him sign the contract on offer would any of you bust a gut for an employer that wanted to piss you about so they could cash in (i know i wouldnt).

Just once i wouldnt mind someone on our board to show a bit of backbone or someone to show some ambition and a bit leadership as it genuinely feels as far as our club goes if there is a f**k up someone where in Scottish Football you can pretty much guarantee our club are involved in it (see the Sevco vote for a prime example) and dont get me started on Henderson with his Brexit statement that has the square root of nothing to do with us.  Am not saying we bust the bank to go for "the next level" or spend outwith our means and do a Dunfermline/Livvy/Dundee/Killie/Sevco/Hearts and do a CVA.

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

That implies Sibbald has done wrong. What is he guilty of? Trying to better himself? He owes Falkirk nothing. This mess lies completely at the feet of our Directors/Shareholders

No one is to blame, its football.

If Sibbald had a two year contract and we wanted rid and he didn't want to go, same applies, its football

26 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The agent can't sell someone who isn't currently a wanted man by anyone due to the circumstances of his age, step a year on where no fee is required, then interested parties will at least double !!

He would have a fair amount of interest, more in Scotland no doubt. The agent, if he is worth his salt perhaps should've advised him to sign a 2yr contract with a release fee and if he performed this season, he may have got a move, if not in 2yr a move would've happened. The problem is agents make more money with players moving.

The simple facts tho are St Mirren obviously had two midfield players that were deemed to have more than Sibbald and were sold pretty pronto

Why has his agent then not said anything. I'd be straight to the press saying Craig wants to re-sign but unfortunately the contract is no longer on the table and we'll now  have to look elsewhere. Pretty simple to me and would put pressure on the bod to get it sorted.

The contract won't be off the table

Just now, Back Post Misses said:

The contract won't be off the table

So he wants to sign a contract the bod though don't want him to sign it but haven't taken the contract off the table. Have they given him a pen with no ink in it? If the manager wants him to sign it then just sign the bloody thing and ignore the p***ks in the directors box. It's hardly as if the fans aren't going to back him.

So he wants to sign a contract the bod though don't want him to sign it but haven't taken the contract off the table. Have they given him a pen with no ink in it? If the manager wants him to sign it then just sign the bloody thing and ignore the p***ks in the directors box. It's hardly as if the fans aren't going to back him.

I agree and I hope he does. We will need the depth in quality as the season pans out

The way this is going he could end up in the stands watching football next season as opposed to playing it. The club won't take the contract off the table if there is a few bob to be made, it also leaves the boy in limbo if nobody is willing to pay and he won't re-sign.

Reading on stv that in 2018/2019 season all scottish championship games could be filmed live using German one camera technology. Unmanned it follows the ball.

Lovely. Sick of watching ten replays of the ball boy throwing back to the keeper on Falkirk TV.

The way this is going he could end up in the stands watching football next season as opposed to playing it. The club won't take the contract off the table if there is a few bob to be made, it also leaves the boy in limbo if nobody is willing to pay and he won't re-sign.

Been stated many times that the lad does want to sign again.