The Falkirk FC Thread

I was told there is still business to do if Sibbald goes. He is one of the higher earners so that wage freed up combined with a fee (100k I was told) should allow us to bring in one more. If there is no money to bring in another player then we're fecked if he ends up signing his one year extension. 

Well a major shareholder is telling people houston won't even get the wage from Sibbald

3 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Well a major shareholder is telling people houston won't even get the wage from Sibbald

We will see who's 'source' is the best then :lol:

In all seriousness after seeing the team so far I wasn't too fussed about Sibbald but if your right and there is no more coming in then I hope he signs for next season. I still think that's a strong possibility.

Edited by Falkirk_Bairn_1983

Just now, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

In all seriousness after seeing the team so far I wasn't too fussed about Sibbald but if your right and there is no more coming in then I hope he signs for next season. I still think that could happen to be fair. 

Fans didnt seem impressed after his friendly last night albeit was only on for 30 minutes, suppose it's upto them tho.

In all seriousness after seeing the team so far I wasn't too fussed about Sibbald but if your right and there is no more coming in then I hope he signs for next season. I still think that's a strong possibility.

Club want the money or he would have signed by now.

We are 500 ST's down on last season.

4 hours ago, PipoIsABairn said:

If Finlayson was going to play surely we would have seen him at some point at least on the bench? Considering the bench has had Miller, Shepard and O'Hara on it at one point this seems a bit weird if him and Henderson are genuinely ready for the first team. 

Yea, I agree. Perfect chance to have him in the side on Saturday but I believe he's away with the U20s.

If Kidd is away as rumoured then who do we play at RB if not him though? I'd hope that Houstie would give him a chance rather than doing something daft like playing Watson or Taiwo there!

3 hours ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

I was told there is still business to do if Sibbald goes. He is one of the higher earners so that wage freed up combined with a fee (100k I was told) should allow us to bring in one more. If there is no money to bring in another player then we're fecked if he ends up signing his one year extension. 

Why would we let him go for a pittance if he's worth 200k plus compensation. Just sounds ridiculous business sense to me.

Why would we let him go for a pittance if he's worth 200k plus compensation. Just sounds ridiculous business sense to me.

Because they are desperate for cash so no one has to cover losses is how I see it

22 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Because they are desperate for cash so no one has to cover losses is how I see it

Wage bill should be currently down a fair whack on last season as we've only signed 3 new players after releasing what 7 or 8. Season ticket prices are up and we've qualified for the next stage of the league cup and yet we're still desperate for cash. It's a poor state of affairs if we're needing to sell someone for a pittance rather than wait a few weeks till a panel sorts out a much higher compensation fee.

3 hours ago, FalkirkLad said:

Fans didnt seem impressed after his friendly last night albeit was only on for 30 minutes, suppose it's upto them tho.

Dont know where you got that from as one i read said they seem to think they found a gem in Sibbald 

52 minutes ago, ANEWHOPE said:

With what is happening on the Raith thread at the moment I should declare that all my posts are my own & not the work of a 14 year old boy. But I still think many of you should be ashamed of yourself. emoji23.png

I had to read it twice :lol:

28 minutes ago, Jackie Moon said:

Dont know where you got that from as one i read said they seem to think they found a gem in Sibbald 

Most seemed to be of the view that he hadn't had enough time on the park for them to have a proper opinion of him but he'd done ok.

5 hours ago, Trump said:

The club, manager, and player are trying to resolve the situation in a way that makes everyone happy. Sounds like it's finding the right club.

St Mirren please, signed for next Saturday too

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

is he worth 200k tho ?

one club interested and the fee of the 200k+ is made up with a formula

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Wage bill should be currently down a fair whack on last season as we've only signed 3 new players after releasing what 7 or 8. Season ticket prices are up and we've qualified for the next stage of the league cup and yet we're still desperate for cash. It's a poor state of affairs if we're needing to sell someone for a pittance rather than wait a few weeks till a panel sorts out a much higher compensation fee.

I think we have to be thankful we are not doing our budgets ala George Craig style. Loy possibly will be on a fair whack and we have lost Hibs for Inverness and replaced Raith and Ayr with Livvy and Brechin.

If Luton dont wish to sign Sibbald, I doubt anyone will be sniffing to pay some sort of six figure fee after then.

100k or Sibbald ?

for me its 100k

I think we have to be thankful we are not doing our budgets ala George Craig style. Loy possibly will be on a fair whack and we have lost Hibs for Inverness and replaced Raith and Ayr with Livvy and Brechin.
If Luton dont wish to sign Sibbald, I doubt anyone will be sniffing to pay some sort of six figure fee after then.
100k or Sibbald ?
for me its 100k

And what if Sibbald helps us win the league? How much is that worth?

How much to replace his quality?

22 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

And what if Sibbald helps us win the league? How much is that worth?

How much to replace his quality?

What if he disrupts what we have now ?

He is out the loop with a week to go till the league starts and we appear to playing with more pace wide and McKee is more mobile in the central role.

There is a reason his only suitors are a fourth tier English club and we are sitting waiting around with a week to go, whereas two promising midfielders from St Mirren are snapped up quick rapid and for £s

What if he disrupts what we have now ?
He is out the loop with a week to go till the league starts and we appear to playing with more pace wide and McKee is more mobile in the central role.
There is a reason his only suitors are a fourth tier English club and we are sitting waiting around with a week to go, whereas two promising midfielders from St Mirren are snapped up quick rapid and for £s

Play him in beside McKee

51 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Play him in beside McKee

That would be a recipe for disaster.Neither of them can tackle a fish supper. I like the Midfield with either mckee or craigen paired with Taiwo . It gives an excellent balance.  The only reason I'd want Sibbald to stay is if indeed none of his cash or wages will be reinvested in the team. If it does give us the ability to bring in another player or two then again the fullback areas need looked at way before us having a 5th centre mid.

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

St Mirren please, signed for next Saturday too

is he worth 200k tho ?

one club interested and the fee of the 200k+ is made up with a formula

100k or Sibbald ?

for me its 100k

I thought loys wages were being subsidized by the business group?