The Falkirk FC Thread

37 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Brown and Thomson used to lose the plot against us so easily back then. It was far too easy to wind them.up. Ivan Sproule wasn't even good enough to be a poor man's crunchie. Brutal.

Great memories - Ivan Sproule whatever happened to him 

1 hour ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Wee Ivan is an absolute legend, 2nd half hatrick at Ibrox and 2007 League Cup winner. Two of my favourite memories of the great man.

He was nearly always murder against us. That hibs team was worth a few bob.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

By looks of it he impressed going by a few comments on their forum. Will be sorry to see him go.

Hopefully he does. Would quite like to see the compensation money to go towards investing in other areas of the squad, ideally a left back and an alternative wide player.

I hear the club are trying their best to get Kidd off the books, they've sourced one particular league two team as a potential suitor.

Surprises me that Luton are the only team that is showing any intention given the fact that lower league England have got the finances to buy cheap prospects. This situation will not be lost on them as it appears they are the only interested party and this will give us little leverage in any potential tribunal situation. Disappointed if this is the case

Surprises me that Luton are the only team that is showing any intention given the fact that lower league England have got the finances to buy cheap prospects. This situation will not be lost on them as it appears they are the only interested party and this will give us little leverage in any potential tribunal situation. Disappointed if this is the case

From what I remember I don't remember many clubs clamouring to sign Mark Stewart when Bradford did, so wouldn't worry too much about leverage there.

1 minute ago, bejazz1 said:

Club seem to have a decent idea what his value is in comp so I reckon we'll hold out for that.

Sibbald/his agent will have made clear that we are due compo (probably why less teams are interested) this time around. Hopefully he signs soon so Houston can bring in a replacement. An attacking midfielder that can also play wide would be ideal if there's only money to bring in one 

15 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Sibbald/his agent will have made clear that we are due compo (probably why less teams are interested) this time around. Hopefully he signs soon so Houston can bring in a replacement. An attacking midfielder that can also play wide would be ideal if there's only money to bring in one 

We've already got two attacking mids. I'd say that's the least of our worries. Left side needs looked at in case of injury and a real proper right back would really top off the starting 11.

I think if Sibbald goes the board will trouser the money and give Houstie eff all to spend. They'll probably use our swashbuckling start to the season without him, albeit against lesser opposition, as justification.

I think if Sibbald goes the board will trouser the money and give Houstie eff all to spend. They'll probably use our swashbuckling start to the season without him, albeit against lesser opposition, as justification.

It's up to us to make sure that doesn't happen.

From what I remember I don't remember many clubs clamouring to sign Mark Stewart when Bradford did, so wouldn't worry too much about leverage there.

Fair point. I think Stewart was the same age and in the same situation at the time

As it stands we look like we are one injury or suspension for gallacher away from a real problem. Henderson seems to be the general option as a replacement should that happen but he hasn't kicked a ball for the first team and I don't see who else there is who could step in. If Kidd goes then we have a similar problem at right back. It has me wondering if Houston would just drop to a back 3 at that point and play Hippolyte essentially as a full back? Did he not play at left back for Livi?

I hope not as I think we are still sort of quality to allow us too win the league outright.

One of my main worries is up front. Loy was an inspired signing but feel we need more. Miller is past it as a player, an impact sub at best.
Austin, O'Hara and Shepherd to me still need to show me more and of course a long season ahead when the going gets tough and injuries kick in etc.

I think we need another striker more than a player in and other position in the team. If we are seriously pushing to win the league this year then we still need to spend more. Otherwise it may be silver medal again.