The Falkirk FC Thread

ICT could be playing yet and not have scored. They have the square root of f**k all up front. Their game plan in second half was to " bully" our midfield but I thought that we were still reasonably comfortable and could have taken the game to them had it been necessary. They probably need at least three decent players in that team to be serious league challengers.

Baird is chronic and the new "superstar" they signed spent more time trying to foul our two CH's.

Thomson had one save of note all game.

Our brilliant record in Inverness continues.

Our obvious weakness is the fullbacks...Gallagher though a prospect is unproven & muirhead who is now entering his third season as a right back...is never a right back in his life...Kidd I will now concede is pish. So that is our main weakness this season

I think Gallacher strolled it. Muirhead is never going to be the best but is steady as he is a decent defender TBf

Baird is chronic and the new "superstar" they signed spent more time trying to foul our two CH's.

Thomson had one save of note all game.

Our brilliant record in Inverness continues.

According to the head to head stats.
21 games
4 ICT wins
4 draws
13 Bairns wins

Our boys love a wee day trip

According to the head to head stats.
21 games
4 ICT wins
4 draws
13 Bairns wins

Our boys love a wee day trip

One of losses doesn't count as that fucking goon Higgins was in goal that day.

I'm wondering if two things might just work in our favour this season. The speed of our attack in Austin hippo Harris and loy and also the fact we have an experienced and settled squad. The other squads seem to have changed more and Will take time to get used to playing each other and actually seeing if their new players are of the right quality. Inverness were a case in point yesterday. St mirren and United have also changed significantly.

Nothing really changes from yesterday. Dundee Utd are the challenge that has to be overcome.

100% this. They've got a bit more money now with the Robertson deal so could still pull an Andreu out of the bag. They were 3rd last season and put us out of the playoffs so will go in as favourites.

I think Caley will have a transitional season with the turnover of players they've had.

St Mirren will be better but their squad doesn't look that intimidating on paper at the moment (could revisit that on 1st day of the season).

Morton look better up front but it's probably a lottery as to how well they'll do after that collapse last season.

Do we need or want Sibbald to return? Maybe it's him that slows us down in attack, maybe we're better with the pace of Hippolyte, Harris and Austin? Using pace as the focus of our attack instead of Sibbald's craft and skill might be the reason we look more threatening going forward.

Do we need or want Sibbald to return? Maybe it's him that slows us down in attack, maybe we're better with the pace of Hippolyte, Harris and Austin? Using pace as the focus of our attack instead of Sibbald's craft and skill might be the reason we look more threatening going forward.

Very sadly that's just what I was thinking

1 hour ago, ilostmyself said:

100% this. They've got a bit more money now with the Robertson deal so could still pull an Andreu out of the bag. They were 3rd last season and put us out of the playoffs so will go in as favourites.

I think Caley will have a transitional season with the turnover of players they've had.

St Mirren will be better but their squad doesn't look that intimidating on paper at the moment (could revisit that on 1st day of the season).

Morton look better up front but it's probably a lottery as to how well they'll do after that collapse last season.

600,000 over 2-3 years isnt gonna make utd spend more when they are still in debt to a pretty penny, utd will obviously be favourites, but they were probably favourites to finish in one of the top two places last season. Ive a feeling Mckinnon may get his jotters this season, if they are not top or looking at winning the league, his record last season wouldve seen most managers in this league sacked.

Caley were very much hoofball yesterday and obviously still have the bad harmony within the squad from last season, early days to judge any team but like any team that comes down, I think they will struggle to finish in one of the top two places without a bit surgery to the squad.

St Mirren are definitely weaker than last seasons team, signing players with promise from lower league and players that are not of the same quality as the ones that have left, some with poor injury records, goals they lost yesterday were poor but sure they have a few more to come in, dont see them as much a threat from last seasons team.

Morton better up front ? They signed McHugh, Darren Barr, Harkins and Thomson also signed, the latter I thought was a decentish signing, Harkins has a bit of skill but looked done and will only slow up play, whereas last season they played with a bit of pace. Mchugh was back on bench duty yesterday, which is where I reckon he will do again this season. I can see play offs for Morton but it will depend on some players having goal runs like the likes of O'Ware and Forbes did last season, their goals dried up and so did Morton. I suppose Morton like ourselves have had the least surgery to the squad.

its hard to gauge anything on league cup games as teams might sign a few game changers for them afterwards, Id guess we are done tho unless its Sibbald coming back or being sold, tho I dont think we will sign anything to excite if Sibbald does go and only cover for left back. 

I think we have improved from last season, even if it was only Loy we brought in, our biggest fear is injuries and suspensions, avoid injuries and I think we will fill one of the top two places

1 hour ago, ilostmyself said:

100% this. They've got a bit more money now with the Robertson deal so could still pull an Andreu out of the bag. 

They get £600k spread over 3 seasons.

They've lost the Bigger parachute payment this season and 2 visits from their biggest away crowd.

Utd have less cash this summer than 2016.

6 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It's looking like Harris could be a great signing for us. I will be delighted if he is.

That will annoy some posters on here who are desperate for him to fail so they can use it to have a go at Houston.

Onef will be funny if Harris continues his good start :lol:

It's clear Loy is going to bring loads more to the team than just goals. He played a cracking ball wide to Harris for the first and when big dumpling goalie made an arse of his clearance he kept the head and played in Austin who's finish was braw.

Fash, O'Hara and Shepherd have got great guys in him and big Lee to learn off.

For all last summer's signings were seen as poor this summer Houston has nailed it.

Going back to the addition of McKee and Thomson in winter and now Harris and Loy. The only black mark was Aird.

I'd happily lose Shepps, Kidd and Kerr and use those wages to attract players who can start/improve the team.

Hope we are trying to work on actually moving on those 3.

7 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

For all last summer's signings were seen as poor this summer Houston has nailed it.

Going back to the addition of McKee and Thomson in winter and now Harris and Loy. The only black mark was Aird.

I'd happily lose Shepps, Kidd and Kerr and use those wages to attract players who can start/improve the team.

Agree with your comments 're. Signings.

Don't think we will move Kerr on. He has a lot to offer on the coaching side.

Really impressive performance yesterday we were happy to let Inverness have the ball and looked incredibly comfortable defending anything they had to throw at us. Despite us not having any real attacking threat in the second half there was never any point that I thought we were going to concede.

That ball from Loy out to Harris for the first goal was brilliant and good to see McKee yet again breaking from midfield and getting into the box, I really think he's going to a huge player for us this year. Second goal was all about Loy and Austin the composure and awareness from Loy to slip in Austin then great finish from him. He was hobbling about after the game though but hopefully it's nothing too serious.

I'd imagine if anyone else wanted Kidd he'd be free to go he's going to struggle to get onto the bench this season.

Shepherd only just signed a new 2 year deal no that long ago and Houston obviously sees something in him so unfortunately he'll be going nowhere.

Same with Kerr as he's also coaching the under 17's now I believe. I'm perfectly happy to keep Kerr in the role he's playing at the moment back up to Taiwo/McKee and use him to come on as fresh legs in the midfield to protect a lead.

22 hours ago, deano25ffc said:

saltire ones are the ones we should have . That's all I think about is " the " rangers whenever I see a butchers apron . Only club in Scotland Iv seen Union jacks is sevco . don't want us to be anything to do with it .SNP and all that emoji13.png

We should not bring politics or religion into why you support FFC. Leave that sort of thing to the bigot brothers.

Reckon we'll see some changes for Tuesday night?

No disrespect to Forfar but with this coming between two decent away treks it's a good opportunity to give some game time to people like Kerr and Miller who missed Budapest. I'm not after wholesale changes but O'Hara getting a start would be good as well as getting the fringe players a bit of sharpness.