The Falkirk FC Thread

We need to be hardnosed about that one. Doubtless be flogged next summer if he has a good season but we need to get a season out of him. I know our BOD would take the money though so I hope he hasnt done enough to turn heads at a higher level.

Not sure we would be so quick to trade him in if we got promoted. He may also want to stay for one more season if that was the case.

Boyce was 500k I believe so less than that certainly. Vaulks was about 300k and I'd guess he's more valuable than Austin. Maybe 200k plus add ons. I would keep him for that money.

Vaulks was just over half the money Marsh.

Just need to watch our defending , wee bit shakey . Watson only poor show for me so far

You thought Watson was poor? I thought he was pretty solid today. Thought Grant was a little wobbly. Trying to win things when there was no need. Very comfortable first half and didn't looked to troubled in the second, even though they had more possession.

You thought Watson was poor? I thought he was pretty solid today. Thought Grant was a little wobbly. Trying to win things when there was no need. Very comfortable first half and didn't looked to troubled in the second, even though they had more possession.

Was a little concerning the amount of times they cut in as we were starting to stand off and getting deeper and deeper . If Caley had a decent finisher then they could have scored second half

Was a little concerning the amount of times they cut in as we were starting to stand off and getting deeper and deeper . If Caley had a decent finisher then they could have scored second half

Agreed but to apportion the blame at Watson seems strange take for me. But we all see it differently I guess.

Caley were animals today , they tried to batter us. How the ref made no bookings is beyond me

Thought they were robust & physical but animals maybe stretching it. I worry about our lack of steel so thought it was good that we stood up to that side of the game.

Still can't get on board the Watson comment tho [emoji848]

4 minutes ago, deano25ffc said:

Caley were animals today , they tried to batter us. How the ref made no bookings is beyond me

The tackle on Fash and at least 1 cynical tackle 1st half were both stonewall bookings.

Also a wee footnote to Baird for diving when Taiwo was near. He even won the free-kick 

Thought they were robust & physical but animals maybe stretching it. I worry about our lack of steel so thought it was good that we stood up to that side of the game.

Still can't get on board the Watson comment tho [emoji848]

Was my view in the 1st, few times he could have controlled the ball instead of lumping it sideways . Luca was a stand out for me last week, I would take him over Watson anyday

Was my view in the 1st, few times he could have controlled the ball instead of lumping it sideways . Luca was a stand out for me last week, I would take him over Watson anyday

Think it is pretty marginal between them to be honest. Luca of last season was out of shape & lacked mobility, hopefully will kick on this season.

Erm no we won't..they haven't listed exact amounts for any player sold individually in any accounts I've had

Yes we will as he was the only sale and the transfer number is always listed

34 minutes ago, deano25ffc said:

I went along to the game today and I certainly didn't see it that way. In the first half ICT were weak and allowed themselves to be pushed around. Oakley coming on gave them more of a physical presence. But it wasn't a physical game, pretty low key I thought. Falkirk were decent, well organised and a threat up front. ICT didn't have anywhere  near the same cutting edge.

They had Baird upfront lolol