The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Think that's it.

He got sent off for the challenge and said he knew nothing about it as he was concussed from a previous challenge.

I remember him getting sent off for lamping a Dumbarton player at boghead. 

4 minutes ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

I remember he was in the paper with a black eye he got from Luc Nijholt?

Was it not Nick Cusack that did it or was that another incident. Blatant elbow.Wouldve been hammered for it these days.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

600 unrenewed season tickets = £150k

Not as much as that. Average price will be around £190 tops because of free kids tickets and concessions

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

Not as much as that. Average price will be around £190 tops because of free kids tickets and concessions

You've also got price increases this season which should reduce the difference from last seasons in take.

Was it not Nick Cusack that did it or was that another incident. Blatant elbow.Wouldve been hammered for it these days.

Cusack elbowed him and broke his cheekbone. Absolutely cuntish but typical motherwellian behaviour.

Baptie was pictured with a black eye right enough after the Ayr game, from the incident that concussed him. I think Watson was injured by an opponent, and he melted the boy in revenge, before claiming he remembered nothing.

The thing you have forgotten was Baptie was sent off after about 5 minutes in that Ayr game. The broken cheek against Motherwell the 4-2 cup defeat. I was fuckingh raging that day. Not as bad as the Eric Martindale game at Fir Park right enough.
I hate Motherwell, which is quite ironic in a big way.

The thing I mind about the 4-2 Motherwell game was our support. We had a fantastic following that day.

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

The thing I mind about the 4-2 Motherwell game was our support. We had a fantastic following that day.

Aye, we all thought we had a great chance that day. We came away feeling cheated. Best team we have had in my time as a fan. To think we have been to three cup finals that couldn't lace that teams boots is mind blowing.

Just now, Swordfishtrombone said:

The Falkirk Unofficial (FU) fanzine had a copy around the time of the Cusack elbow that had the picture of Cusack elbowing Baptie on the front cover. It was brutal and intentional. I wish I'd kept those fanzines they were excellent.

I gave someone a loan of all mine, years worth. Never saw them again. p***k.

Big Davy Cherry the Landlord.......

Aye Big Davy the Jambo. He used to come on the bus with us to Tynecastle.

Had many a great night up there. Our player of the year dances were legendary. We regularly used to miss the start of away games cos we cudni get them all out the pub and the bus would be late leaving [emoji16]

There is a video on YouTube of the game at Broomfield later on in that season that Falkirk won by 3 goals the game Eddie May scored a backheel tap in. That is the best Falkirk goal I have seen live direct skilful play and a piss take finish against our biggest rivals for the league.Jock Brown on the commentary says that there was 5000 Falkirk fans at that game unbelievable now for our away support to be so big. 

There is a video on YouTube of the game at Broomfield later on in that season that Falkirk won by 3 goals the game Eddie May scored a backheel tap in. That is the best Falkirk goal I have seen live direct skilful play and a piss take finish against our biggest rivals for the league.Jock Brown on the commentary says that there was 5000 Falkirk fans at that game unbelievable now for our away support to be so big. 

That was a fantastic team. We didn't just beat teams then we ripped the absolute pish out of them. That goal was a thing of beauty.

For me the period we had Stainrod in our side will never be bettered. That's why although I adore Crunchie, Stainrod will always be my favourite player.

The lobbing of Lyndsey Hamilton from the kick off is probably my best moment ever in football. Spoke to Crunchie years ago in the Leapark about it and he said Simon just said just touch the ball. He said he hadn't a clue what he was going to do. The man was a God.