The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

No farid, Samuel or Duffy but lyle Taylor is in there. I call shenanigans

It was off the top of my head.  Taylor was a better striker than farid if u ask me. Scored more goals too.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Please look up alopecia. Very often stress related

Away and get to f**k with that chat.
I've been going to games since 1978 and would struggle to name 50 players better than him.

I've only been going since 99 and I'd struggle to name 50 players off the top of my head full stop.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Off the top of my head.

tony parks                       brian irvine                         gordon marshall

mo johnston                  simon stainrod                    alec taylor

eddie may                     gary smith                        gary gillespie

russell latapy                andy gray                           chris waddle

scott arfield                  murray wallace                  stephen kingsley

anthony stokes              peter hetherston                derek mcwilliams

stevie tosh                   joe mclaughlin                     dani mallo

brian martin                 david weir                        richard cadette

crunchie                      jamie mcgowan               mark kerr

davie Nicholls             roddy manley                   lee miller

owen coyle                 john hughes                    Ian Mccall

Tim Krull                    Kasper schmeichel             Ryan Flynn

Lyle Taylor                 Will Vaulks                      Tommy McQueen

Alex Rae                    Michael McGovern            Stuart Kennedy

Scott Crabbe            Neil Duffy                       Alan Irvine

Brian Rice                Davie Nicholls                 Craig MacPherson

Ivo Den Bieman      Dani mallo.

Their all players I've seen playing for Falkirk that in my mind are better than Craig Sibbald.

I only got two in...are you seriously suggesting Brian Irvine is a better footballer than sibbs..he isn't my favourite either as I've already said but cmon to f**k...

I don't necessarily agree with every name on that list but it's not the worst thing I've ever seen.

"Best players to play for your club" is very subjective, do you judge it on longevity, their peak when at the club, achievements over career either before/after or a combination of the three? Tough one.

1 minute ago, distresseduke said:

I only got two in...are you seriously suggesting Brian Irvine is a better footballer than sibbs..he isn't my favourite either as I've already said but cmon to f**k...

Scottish international played in a very good Aberdeen side yes. Oor sibbs is struggling to get Luton to take him at the moment.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Scottish international played in a very good Aberdeen side yes. Oor sibbs is struggling to get Luton to take him at the moment.

Okay ..point taken I'll give you that..Fulton & Flynn I would argue had less influence but as a player in his position in his generation it's hard to argue they were less effective than sibbs

Enjoyable reading as it is you can't seriously compare Sibbs recent performances at Falkirk with players most of us have fond memories of over a couple of generations and exclude him as top end.

I think in time Sibbs will be considered somewhere in the middle of that pack of good players for Falkirk, if it's even something that it's even possible to debate.

If I had to name a top 50, I wouldnt name so many bit part players unless they seriously blew fire like Stokes did in the short term. I wouldnt have so many goalkeepers in there either, I probably would have none tbh (sorry goalkeepers union)

Crunchie, Stainrod and Latapy......the rest are all just pretenders

2 minutes ago, MrDust said:

If I had to name a top 50, I wouldnt name so many bit part players unless they seriously blew fire like Stokes did in the short term. I wouldnt have so many goalkeepers in there either, I probably would have none tbh (sorry goalkeepers union)

Crunchie, Stainrod and Latapy......the rest are all just pretenders

TBF to Shadwell, I think all of the goalkeepers that he lists will be better in goal than Sibbs would be. Don't think any of them could play in midfield though! FFS!

If the question was top 50 midfield players then Sibbs would 100% be in there. If it was just top 50 players who had played for Falkirk I'm not so sure.

I went to my first game in 1971 but my memory is a bag of shite. I see folk on here mentioning players and I canae remember them [emoji16]

7 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

If the question was top 50 midfield players then Sibbs would 100% be in there. If it was just top 50 players who had played for Falkirk I'm not so sure.

I went to my first game in 1971 but my memory is a bag of shite. I see folk on here mentioning players and I canae remember them emoji16.png

Yeah I think you have this about right ..deffo make top 50 midfielders though as time goes on you forget the influence other great local players like Jim shirra had on the team 

Absolutely glorious how everyone got so pumped to rip Shadwells list apart, only to end up in agreement with it. Tremendous trolling.