The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

I think we need Muirhead in the team just to guarantee we will score any penalties we get. emoji16.png

Give Finlayson a run. He is good and will only get better playing at a higher level. Sure he will make mistakes but if he takes his chance and makes the grade, the right back problem solved and a young player in contract that will give a payback when he moves on. If he is not given a chance what's the point of having him on the books.

Edited by HopeStreetWalker

7 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Obvious to me Austin and Loy will play if fit. Up to the rest to push them.

I meant the taiwo and Kerr pairing of doom. Thought Harris did well but Stirling were very poor at the back so would like to see him against better defenders. ICT game will be more of a marker. If hippo is recovering from injury I wouldn't even of had him on the bench against Stirling.

32 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I meant the taiwo and Kerr pairing of doom. Thought Harris did well but Stirling were very poor at the back so would like to see him against better defenders. ICT game will be more of a marker. If hippo is recovering from injury I wouldn't even of had him on the bench against Stirling.

tend to agree, but the Taiwo and Kerr pairing worked well at times away from home and not so at home, but its another year on for Kerr. I'm sure Kerr will be used sparingly this season and the Miller sub didnt help yesterday, we had a pace outlet to use with Austin which we used a lot which was shown up on one particular ball through similar to Miller.

The better option yesterday wouldve been O'Hara for either Loy or Austin, the Miller sub threw out the dynamics as we werent looking to get someone to hold the play up, pumping high balls up or getting many aerial balls in from wide, it was mostly on the deck and quickly.

Ive no qualms with a 70% fit Hippo on the bench, if required yesterday he is one player who could unlock a defence or make something happen compared to Shepherd or Watson

Very encouraging performance yesterday. I know Stirling are a bit shit but we really did play well for long phases. Loy, Austin, McKee and Harris the standouts for me. MOTM for Taiwo though, what a fucking player. Hippo in for Craigen and that's our strongest 11 imo. Liked the look of O'Hara again

Incidentally was the ball out leading up to the penalty?

I could clearly see Houston admitting to the Stirling bench that it was.

We were nearly in line and the ball looked at least a foot out of play. The players obviously thought it was out so well done to Muirhead (who I thought had a good game) for reacting quickly and making the most of the linesman's error.
Incidentally why would you pay extra for a "Prime" seat especially in the front few rows where the safety barrier impairs the view?

50 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

We were nearly in line and the ball looked at least a foot out of play. The players obviously thought it was out so well done to Muirhead (who I thought had a good game) for reacting quickly and making the most of the linesman's error.
Incidentally why would you pay extra for a "Prime" seat especially in the front few rows where the safety barrier impairs the view?

First goal Loy was a mile offside. Was sitting right in line with it.

6 hours ago, ANEWHOPE said:

I enjoy his pre kick routine. His slow steady walk from the 18 yard box and this evolves into a swagger as he picks up the ball, places in under his arm and then his swagger goes into overdrive as he now strides into the opposition box and places it on the spot...then goal!!

5 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Why we let Baird take them so long and miss them baffles me. I don't think he's missed one

Oh, he has missed one (pre Falkirk). I enjoyed it a lot. :lol:

Edited by Skyline Drifter

54 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

First goal Loy was a mile offside. Was sitting right in line with it.

You're as good at judging offside as you are at judging Alex Harris then.

Watch the rerun on Falkirk TV. The number two is clearly playing him onside, and the covering player and the number five may be as well. It's not even remotely in doubt.

2 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Watch the rerun on Falkirk TV. The number two is clearly playing him onside, and the covering player and the number five may be as well. It's not even remotely in doubt.

Let Shadwell moan man. It's all that he enjoys in life.

There was a moment in the first half though when I think Austin was a good couple of yards offside and was left with the keeper to beat.

5 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Give Finlayson a run. He is good and will only get better playing at a higher level. Sure he will make mistakes but if he takes his chance and makes the grade, the right back problem solved and a young player in contract that will give a payback when he moves on. If he is not given a chance what's the point of having him on the books.

Ok Mrs Finlayson. 

5 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Give Finlayson a run. He is good and will only get better playing at a higher level. Sure he will make mistakes but if he takes his chance and makes the grade, the right back problem solved and a young player in contract that will give a payback when he moves on. 

Marko is excellent going forward but still makes mistakes defensively. However, he's got a year to improve that side of his game as I imagine Kidd won't get a new contract unless he shows more than he's done so far. At that point the right back slot is up for grabs and it would be nice to think that Finlayson will get the same chance to claim it that Gallacher is now likely to get on the other flank.   

The birthday gifts from hell.

I was handed a bag of dolly mixtures in the first half. Would have been rude to refuse. They were however some Super Market own brand dolly's.