The Falkirk FC Thread

I do agree to a certain extent with Shadwell. We already know what Kerr and Miller can bring to the team and it would have been nice to let younger players come on and see how they handle it. However apart from Shepherd there wasn't any younger players to bring on, and it was pointless risking Hippolyte when 4-0 up.

Shepard is shite thoe .

If Miller and Kerr are part of the squad for this season then we need to give them game time to get up to speed before the real stuff starts. Useful for O'Hara to get minutes alongside someone with Miller's experience as well rather than yet another game for him up front with Shepherd.

This is an absolutely fantastic scenario, those two are quite frankly amazing, and if O'Hara manages to oust of them then Mrs O'Hara will presumably attend to watch him. What a fucking club we are.

Great performance and result.

Only slight grumble re yesterday was the number of clear chances Austin failed to put away. I checked my watch at the start of the second half and he missed a hat trick of chances inside the first four minutes. A bit sharper and it could have been embarrassing for Stirling.

Hopefully that sharpness will improve over the next few games though.

Incidentally was the ball out leading up to the penalty?

I could clearly see Houston admitting to the Stirling bench that it was.

The only one that would have been to tell accurately was the linesman as it was certainly close but he seemed quite adamant, still not saying he was right.
What about BSLM's effort was that in?

The only one that would have been to tell accurately was the linesman as it was certainly close but he seemed quite adamant, still not saying he was right.

Didn't think so at the time, but I was at the other end.

10 minutes ago, spratte said:

Difficult to tell given the pace, but didn't look it to me.

The incident with the throw in before the penalty was right in front of where we were sitting. I thought it was out but my mate thought it was still in so really difficult to tell.

Big Lee's shot happened too fast to be able to say either way.

So many ballers in our squad now. Cant wait to see the highlights of this game.

Where are all the Binos that were so vocal this time last year to talk about the game??

Anyway, I got the train from Larbert to Grahamston yesterday, and a squad of wee tonic drinking fannies from Stirling got off behind me. Could here them talking about where BTW is. I was going there anyway but due to there obscene language I simply allowed them to walk away down to the retail park. Seen them in BTW about 45 minjtes later. GIRUY.

Lots of good footballers I agree & lots of options. Right back still an issue, however Muirhead doing his best. Also our lack of height/physical presence another potential weakness. When we've won Leagues in the past we have always had a little bit of steel in the team, I'm not sure we have that. Tactic might just be to attack, attack, attack.

Lots of good footballers I agree & lots of options. Right back still an issue, however Muirhead doing his best. Also our lack of height/physical presence another potential weakness. When we've won Leagues in the past we have always had a little bit of steel in the team, I'm not sure we have that. Tactic might just be to attack, attack, attack.

I think we need Muirhead in the team just to guarantee we will score any penalties we get. [emoji16]

How would chalking off a late goal adding to a pumping in the League Cup group stage be "bottling it"? Who would've given a baker's f**k?

A goal is a goal whether it's the first minute or 90th minute. Whether it is 1-1 at the time or 10-0. Rory Loy is quoted as saying it was a yard over which is a slight exaggeration but it was 2 feet. Refs don't normally give those decisions and favour the defending team. On line technology was brought in to help them in the higher leagues.

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

This is an absolutely fantastic scenario, those two are quite frankly amazing, and if O'Hara manages to oust of them then Mrs O'Hara will presumably attend to watch him. What a fucking club we are.

C'mon Bairns .

Is it worthwhile for us turning up ,you seem to have the league sown up :P

23 minutes ago, ANEWHOPE said:

I'm not sure on that one, Luca looked like a giant on the park yesterday and grant and Muirhead are not wee guys, Miller as well. However it's balanced out with the likes of McKee, Taiwo, Harris o'hara. I don't think we are going down the physical route though and played a lot of football on the deck whilst still winning tackles without being brutish. Although loy nearly wiped out one of their players on the touchline. Really pleased with the performance yesterday, I know it was only Stirling Albion before smiler comes in and brings it down, but we also lost to them last year, night and day for me.

I think we need Muirhead in the team just to guarantee we will score any penalties we get. [emoji16]

I enjoy his pre kick routine. His slow steady walk from the 18 yard box and this evolves into a swagger as he picks up the ball, places in under his arm and then his swagger goes into overdrive as he now strides into the opposition box and places it on the spot...then goal!!

I enjoy his pre kick routine. His slow steady walk from the 18 yard box and this evolves into a swagger as he picks up the ball, places in under his arm and then his swagger goes into overdrive as he now strides into the opposition box and places it on the spot...then goal!!

I like the fact that he always leathers it. Even if the keeper goes the right way there's a good chance of it going in as he gives it a right scud.

Why we let Baird take them so long and miss them baffles me. I don't think he's missed one

7 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

So many ballers in our squad now. Cant wait to see the highlights of this game.

Where are all the Binos that were so vocal this time last year to talk about the game??

Anyway, I got the train from Larbert to Grahamston yesterday, and a squad of wee tonic drinking fannies from Stirling got off behind me. Could here them talking about where BTW is. I was going there anyway but due to there obscene language I simply allowed them to walk away down to the retail park. Seen them in BTW about 45 minjtes later. GIRUY.

Who cannae see BTW from Grahamston? :lol:

Useless wee fannies

Edited by Gaz FFC