The Falkirk FC Thread

40 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Harris also offers adaptability to the team also, being able to fill in on the left. The thing with wingers is they can be up and down regarding form and how a defender deals with him. Ive always fancied having two wide players who can swap during a game and in Hippo and Harris we have that

A rather strange theory, a good cup run = £s and in this league where more £s could mean an extra player in before the window shuts or January....

Nothing strange about thinking the league is no1 priority and certainly far more important than the league cup. Last season we chopped and changed the side for the league cup games quite a bit which also showed what the managers priorities were. Cup runs are bonuses and the cash is far more likely to balance books than see more players coming in knowing our bod anyway.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Nothing strange about thinking the league is no1 priority and certainly far more important than the league cup. Last season we chopped and changed the side for the league cup games quite a bit which also showed what the managers priorities were. Cup runs are bonuses and the cash is far more likely to balance books than see more players coming in knowing our bod anyway.

Is still strange, I want to see my team win at tiddlywinks, losing games are for losers

The best Pressley season ( the one the train came of the rails in January), I personally put a lot down to the challenge cup and league cup helping us, winning games breeds a winning mentality no matter the opposition 

50 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Is still strange, I want to see my team win at tiddlywinks, losing games are for losers

The best Pressley season ( the one the train came of the rails in January), I personally put a lot down to the challenge cup and league cup helping us, winning games breeds a winning mentality no matter the opposition 

I at no point said I wanted us to lose but I'm not going to class our chances of winning the league on any of our pre season results or performances. We were pretty dire in the league cup last season and based on that we wouldn't have ended up anywhere near second.

On 11/07/2017 at 23:38, roman_bairn said:

Are we not being a bit unfair? Hasn't played much and confidence is probably low. From the sounds of it that may have been his key problem tonight.

I think we were all critical when he joined us and for the first few games, but then he appeared to settle in and had a few good games before getting punted out of the team. Can't remember anymore if that was due to injury though.

In his two seasons with us Kidd was the same in that his first couple of months each time were very underwhelming and in both seasons he looked twice the player after Xmas. No idea why but he seems to need to grow into the season. It's something he got the chance to do with us largely but isn't likely to get with Falkirk's bigger squad. He's also not a particularly good defender and is much better utilised as a wing back than a full back. His best games for us were in a wing back role. He can be devastating though and completely tore Lee Wallace apart at Palmerston on a couple of occasions.

On 12/07/2017 at 00:32, MrDust said:

I can't imagine a club paying a fee and offering a 1yr contract

#GaryOliver

Who did that?

On 12/07/2017 at 06:11, Back Post Misses said:

I detect lots praising Harris through gritted teeth.

Said on this thread before you signed him he'd do well. He's very quick. I'd have happily had him back at Palmerston. He's a good signing for you. Much better than Fraser Aird.

On 12/07/2017 at 09:34, Shadwell Dog said:

A good player should stick out like a sore thumb in a side that are average. Especially a winger. He played 20 games for queens and I haven't found a Queens fan yet who thought he was anything over average.

Er, hi there. I thought Alex Harris was very good for us generally and whatever our fans may say, statistically he had the second most assists in Scotland that season, despite only playing just over half the games.

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

In his two seasons with us Kidd was the same in that his first couple of months each time were very underwhelming and in both seasons he looked twice the player after Xmas. No idea why but he seems to need to grow into the season. It's something he got the chance to do with us largely but isn't likely to get with Falkirk's bigger squad. He's also not a particularly good defender and is much better utilised as a wing back than a full back. His best games for us were in a wing back role. He can be devastating though and completely tore Lee Wallace apart at Palmerston on a couple of occasions.

Who did that?

Said on this thread before you signed him he'd do well. He's very quick. I'd have happily had him back at Palmerston. He's a good signing for you. Much better than Fraser Aird.

Unfortunately the recent Scotland v Canada friendly showed you don't have to be much of a player to rip the pish out of Lee Wallace.

3 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

It's a tough one for FFC. If we take the deal off the table to give to someone else then we'll get hee haw from another club for Sibbs.

But if we keep it on the table & Sibbs signs for someone else say mid August. Then it's likely anyone we do want is probably gone.

Re him not being match fit, he's only missed 2 bounce games & he's been training with us & then Luton for the last fortnight. I'd doubt he's well off the pace of the others.

Is that what you guys are stressing about? You've offered a contract and it's been refused. That's it. You're now entitled to compensation if he signs elsewhere. You don't need to keep the offer on the table indefinitely.

No being funny but the look on the first leaked picture from the training camp said it all, he just didnt look happy but the end of the day the only way he is going to know is if he tried, if anyone of us had the same opportunities of increasing our salary for same job anywhere else we would jump at it but end of the day its what your leaving behind friends, family, etc but your starting again from scratch in new/strange surroundings not one of us should begrudge him the chance of proving himself at a different level.

Also if he has been asking Houston for advice then i think it just shows he has doubts on the move himself, he'll get his move, just now just might not be the right time for him.

I wish you were being funny! He didn't look happy in a picture? You understand that a picture is just a snapshot of a brief moment of time?

16 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Is that what you guys are stressing about? You've offered a contract and it's been refused. That's it. You're now entitled to compensation if he signs elsewhere. You don't need to keep the offer on the table indefinitely.

The dilemma is we don't want to go on and use his wages to sign someone else who turns out shit whilst Sibbald is sitting on his arse doing nothing because no one is willing to pay the compensation and we can't afford to sign him up.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

6 hours ago, distresseduke said:

Player doesn't accept contract offered to him from smallish club that he has spent his entire career at...player then goes on trial at bigger club in bigger pond equals he thinks he can do better

Which is a perfectly acceptable thing to do. It's nobody's fault that people are ambitious.

Have you ever been to Luton? It's no fucking surprise he hates it.

I have been to Luton. However it is not far from some nice places. Also a special golf course in Brockett Hall

1 hour ago, Disco Duck said:

Luton Airport is unquestionably the shithole of the world.  A few years ago the Catholic Church did away with purgatory and gave everyone a bit bad an EasyJet ticket there instead.

Away and Chase yourself!