The Falkirk FC Thread

54 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I agree, I don't see what's funny about him going to Luton.

Okay the town's maybe a shithole but I'm sure I read that they are looking to build a new stadium and their crowds are better than anything in the championship. If he does well at that level it could lead to better things for him.

Their average gate in 16/17 was just over 8,000 which was worse than everyone in the Championship except Burton.

3 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Their average gate in 16/17 was just over 8,000 which was worse than everyone in the Championship except Burton.

Surely you don't think he meant the English Championship lolololol. Fuxake Lanky, get yer big neck out the sand, son. Luton pure toppling Newcastle United's attendance n that hahaha. Jeeeez.

6 minutes ago, BendtnerBairn said:

Surely you don't think he meant the English Championship lolololol. Fuxake Lanky, get yer big neck out the sand, son. Luton pure toppling Newcastle United's attendance n that hahaha. Jeeeez.

My bad, been a long day.

Don't think it's a bad move as Luton should be one of the favourites for League Two given they finished 4th, but I did think League One clubs might be in for him.

Edited by lanky_ffc

I went to Luton v Leeds years ago with the regular Leeds supporters who frequent Falkirk every year for a game or three.

You needed proof of being a member of a Leeds supporters official club to get in to start with, which was probably a Leeds thing

The Ground was very much like old Broomfield with a pavilion on the corner of the ground, Outside the ground it was spot the white man, inside it was the opposite

Leeds got beat 5-1 that day and the lasting memory was the Leeds fans singing throughout and not one left singing while goals 4 and 5 went in during the singing.

Luton is a sh8thole and very much stuck in the 80s, No matter the club in England, its one big shop window if you do well but I cant imagine Luton being the choice of many if they could hand pick a lower league club to start off at.

I went to Luton v Leeds years ago with the regular Leeds supporters who frequent Falkirk every year for a game or three.
You needed proof of being a member of a Leeds supporters official club to get in to start with, which was probably a Leeds thing
The Ground was very much like old Broomfield with a pavilion on the corner of the ground, Outside the ground it was spot the white man, inside it was the opposite
Leeds got beat 5-1 that day and the lasting memory was the Leeds fans singing throughout and not one left singing while goals 4 and 5 went in during the singing.
Luton is a sh8thole and very much stuck in the 80s, No matter the club in England, its one big shop window if you do well but I cant imagine Luton being the choice of many if they could hand pick a lower league club to start off at.

Thing is, if you have a bit of cash, you don't need to live there, plenty of others places in the commutable vicinity that are better to live in than Luton anyway.

5 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Thing is, if you have a bit of cash, you don't need to live there, plenty of others places in the commutable vicinity that are better to live in than Luton anyway.

Fairly obvious he can live anywhere, but accommodation is not the cheapest down there making the £s spent on that and £s earned will be less.

My mate works with an Airline company and does a lot of his work in Luton, he lives in Crawley and nice 70 odd mile away

I dont think its the ideal club for Sibbald, whom is pretty much an inward character

Fairly obvious he can live anywhere, but accommodation is not the cheapest down there making the £s spent on that and £s earned will be less.
My mate works with an Airline company and does a lot of his work in Luton, he lives in Crawley and nice 70 odd mile away
I dont think its the ideal club for Sibbald, whom is pretty much an inward character

That's a fair commute! What I meant though is even within a 10-15 mile radius there are better places. However as you rightly say, it's expensive down there.

Just now, roman_bairn said:

That's a fair commute! What I meant though is even within a 10-15 mile radius there are better places. However as you rightly say, it's expensive down there.

I am convinced he will end up at Hibs 

Sorry I should have said the Scottish Championship. Hibs last season was higher but I don't see anyone beating 8000 next season plus as has been said it is a big shop window for him down there.

The Luton manager saying there were 7 clubs interested in him and he opted for the chance to go to Luton for a trial which the reality probably is Luton was the only option as i dare say his agent would have been doing his best to get him a move, i do agree that i dont think Luton will be the place for him to settle tbh as been said its a shithole and makes fife look good, it would have also been an eye opener if the trial was down in Luton instead of over in Slovenia that way he would have got a chance to see how he would have settled in the town.

Robbie Mutch signs for us from Aberdeen to be first choice for the u20s. International experience with the under 19s and under 21s and got some first team games at Arbroath last year.

Personally I think this is a brilliant bit of business, strong pedigree and good level of experience for an 18 year old keeper.

Robbie Mutch signs for us from Aberdeen to be first choice for the u20s. International experience with the under 19s and under 21s and got some first team games at Arbroath last year.

Personally I think this is a brilliant bit of business, strong pedigree and good level of experience for an 18 year old keeper.

He's absolutely hopeless. Had 9 games for us and if he hadn't played we'd have had the league wrapped up a month earlier.

As for Sibbald, surely Luton would get him accommodation/somewhere to live.

Spent time working in Luton over the years, never spent a single night in a hotel there though! Stayed in Dunstable, Tring or St Albans.

On another subject, anyone know how season tickets have gone since we brought Loy in?

Club said they would update season ticket numbers on Twitter sometime this week.

Aye good signing imo.

Though only seen him once, cup game against Dundee Utd last year where he played a blinder. Obviously the reports on him was more mixed after that but already got decent enough experience for an 18 year old 'keeper and he's effectively signed as our first choice under 20 'keeper and 3rd choice for the first team.