The Falkirk FC Thread

Thomson
Muirhead Watson Grant Gallagher
               McKee/Taiwo
Harris                              Hippo
                   Craigen
            Loy             Austin

This is the correct answer, but would play a flat four in the middle.

Stephen Pressley mentioned the fee on Twitter.

I can't really see a tribunal coming in much lower than that so they club would probably challenge it. He's played over 200 games for us and has just turned 22, probably our best player last year too.

7 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Thomson

Muirhead Watson Grant Gallagher

McKee/Taiwo

Harris                              Hippo

Craigen

Loy             Austin

Definitely this. Hopefully the Sibbald money can be used to bring in a similar type of player ie another option for Craigen and if I was being greedy I'd want us to sign another wide player as well. Squad is pretty much there, for me we are weakest at fullback. 

9 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I am intrigued to hear why you think McKee cant tackle. The Morton fans all say this, but from what I have seen from him I am happy with how he puts it about. Are you suggesting he has failed to get stuck in in the games he has played?

You need someone with a bit of bite who'll sit in midfield allowing Craigen to push forward. McKee is  a player who likes to get forward and although he can put in a challenge he would be wasted as a sitting midfielder and I'm not sure he has the discipline to sit and allow craigen forward. Whilst I don't want a team of hammer throwers we were soft as shite all last season.  Top of the fair play league wins you hee haw and Taiwo's probably about the only midfielder we have that can really get stuck in.

GK. Thomson

RCB. Muirhead

CB. Grant

LCB. Gaspo

RWB. Kidd

RCM. McKee

LCM. Taiwo

LWB. Hippo

CAM: Craigen

ST. Loy

ST. Austin

Nice wee 3-5-2 for banter. Suits most of the players tbh. No gonna happen tho unless we play Hibs at some point in the season and Houstie decides to go like for like again like last years opening day.

3 minutes ago, BendtnerBairn said:

GK. Thomson

RCB. Muirhead

CB. Grant

LCB. Gaspo

RWB. Kidd

RCM. McKee

LCM. Taiwo

LWB. Hippo

CAM: Craigen

ST. Loy

ST. Austin

Nice wee 3-5-2 for banter. Suits most of the players tbh. No gonna happen tho unless we play Hibs at some point in the season and Houstie decides to go like for like again like last years opening day.

The complete lack of pace at the back would giver me the fear with that formation.

3 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

After complaining to my brother last week that onef is pants nowadays he says "better on pie n bovril"

- never even know this page existed

Cant believe iv continued to read onef  for the last year or so - not that it takes that long nowadays 

This used to be good til all the moany c***s found it and ruined it. Find myself scrolling through more and more shite.

Its the constant negativity around everything to do with the club Houston out, this ones shite that ones shite, 2nd place shite should have beat sevco to the league etc club not showing ambition not going for loy sign loy and its still no good enough i seriously wonder about some of our support at times.

Last 2 seasons arguably our best players missed major parts of them.

Grant and Austin getting injured hindered us and still we managed 2nd above far bigger budgets.

If we can stay clear of long term injuries our 1st 11 can do us proud.

4 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Luton Town hahahahahahahahaha

It's the boys job, if he does end up there it's for the money.

Not too hard to understand surely.

(Though I do stand by my earlier post saying I could never be offered a salary big enough to entice me to move to a town so grim it makes Lochgelly almost seem civilised)

This app is shite. Keeps cutting bits off of posts. All I can see is the bit that says Luton Town hahahahahahahahaha.

What am I missing?

I agree, I don't see what's funny about him going to Luton.

Okay the town's maybe a shithole but I'm sure I read that they are looking to build a new stadium and their crowds are better than anything in the championship. If he does well at that level it could lead to better things for him.