The Falkirk FC Thread

Is the fact that we needed/got outside help to sign Loy a sign that the coffers are empty? Or will there be more reinforcements coming in?

I think someone has to go before more come in from what I've heard. But that's not concrete. Assume that'd be someone paying for either Sibbs, Gallacher or both.

Just got home from holiday half an hour ago a bit scunnered at swapping glorious La Rochelle for dreich Bainsford, turned on my laptop and suddenly sunshine filled the room!

Amazing what a decent signing does for your mood.

PS Higdon wasn't shite but he was an arsehole.

I think someone has to go before more come in from what I've heard. But that's not concrete. Assume that'd be someone paying for either Sibbs, Gallacher or both.

Being greedy I'd like to keep both & a decent right back and we are certainly title challengers. For me this the difference between playoffs & mounting a serious Go at it. Loy a big step forward.

I'm definitely one of those miserable b*****ds you speak of and each playoff kicking it has taken me a little longer to get out of my grumpy slump. By the start of each season I'm generally back and ready to go again. This year I have been concerned but this has lightened my mood big time. Not full on happy clapping mode yet but moving away from boo boy. Add in Sibbs & a right back and I'll be there ready to go again. 100% behind the team tho and that the best I can do just now. Is that ok?

We are both definitely agreed on you being a miserable basta*d! Maybe we'll see you turn a corner...then again, probably not. We're Falkirk fans after all. [emoji16]

He was. Aside from his fat arse keeping us up.
15 goals in 60 odd games. Never got double figures either season and a think was beaten by Arfield from midfield in goal count season he left.

You clearly never understood his role in the team. Can't be arsed debating it though. Too pleased with Loy's arrival to care.

Fair play to the club for making the Loty signing happen. Really excited about this and I actually have a feeling Harris will work out well too.
COYB.

Yes, I agree. I think Harris may turn out to be a key signing with his pace if his crossing ability is even reasonable.

I read this thread that much I was genuinely excited when Loy signed there. Was some build up. 

Also BPM seems like an ok c**t when he's drunk, don't ever come on here sober again. 

Sobriety is for losers.

On ‎04‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 01:08, Gaz FFC said:

St Mirren fans still clinging to the Loy dream keeps me warm at night.

I haven't really mentioned him TBH. I was talking to JR at a function for Smisa on 23rd June , he told  me neither Harry Davis or Loy would be returning to us, so you can assume the Falkirk deal was all but done even then. We'll be looking at the loan market from now on. Loy's a good signing at this level , but Ross only started him in 14 of 21 games so obviously he wasn't wiling to push the boat out financially for him !

Good signing for Falkirk. Should score plenty of goals.

Love that he's got everyone buying the "only club for me" chat :lol: Would have happily been in Paisley if they offered more.

Yes but that's footballers in general for you. He was hardly ever gonna say "it's good to be back at Falkirk but if anyone was willing to give me more dosh then I would have signed for them coz I'm a greedy b*****d"

There's only one team I wanted to play for blah blah blah

6 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

Yes but that's footballers in general for you. He was hardly ever gonna say "it's good to be back at Falkirk but if anyone was willing to give me more dosh then I would have signed for them coz I'm a greedy b*****d"

There's only one team I wanted to play for blah blah blah

Of course. Doesn't mean the fans need to lap it up and treat him like a returning hero. If he's successful again then he'll be off like a shot.

14 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

I can't recall ever noticing this chap but doesn't it strike anyone as strange that he's been completely written off by successive Dundee managers if he's as good as you guys think? It's not like Dundee are drowning in quality footballers, quite the contrary, so why is he surplus to requirements in a pish Dundee team?

Genuine question. 

I think top end of the Championship is about his level. He'll definitely bang the goals in for Falkirk again (hopefully in order to keep the dayglo DABs down where they belong).

I'm not sure why it didn't quite work out for him at Dundee. He showed plenty of promise early on then just faded. Regardless if he is actually cut out for the top flight I think he needed a fresh start somewhere to rebuild his confidence.

8 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Of course. Doesn't mean the fans need to lap it up and treat him like a returning hero. If he's successful again then he'll be off like a shot.

You're right I will lap it up, like a starved kitten at a milk dish. Welcome home Rory!!!!