The Falkirk FC Thread

11 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Is this not why Kerr, Miller and McCracken are being given coaching/development roles?

Kerr and miller yes. My brother s partners son plays for the under 17s in the coming season and his coach will be Lee Miller. Kerr's taking one of the other age levels.  We are now all braved up.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Assuming Rory dots the i's & crosses the Ts with Dundee & Sibbs goes. I think our starting X1 looks fairly strong. We've also, still, got at least 2 players for each position bar LB (awaits McHattie signing if the rumour is true).

Thomson/Mitchell

Muirhead
Grant
Gasparotto
Gallagher

Harris
Craigen
McKee
Hippolyte

Austin
Loy

Subs
Mitchell, Kidd, Watson, Kerr, Taiwo, Miller, O'Hara

Fairly strong. As in win the league or as in playoffs again? I think that team will be competitive but I thought we were aiming for more this year.

Houston will go with Muirhead/Kidd and for me watching us play and think that was working is frightening.

Looking forward to hearing reports on Luca and hope he has got himself into shape over the break. If not he is a bit of liability.

Fairly strong. As in win the league or as in playoffs again? I think that team will be competitive but I thought we were aiming for more this year.

Houston will go with Muirhead/Kidd and for me watching us play and think that was working is frightening.

Looking forward to hearing reports on Luca and hope he has got himself into shape over the break. If not he is a bit of liability.

Apparently he has lost weight

Kerr and miller yes. My brother s partners son plays for the under 17s in the coming season and his coach will be Lee Miller. Kerr's taking one of the other age levels.  We are now all braved up.

Re McCracken, the club aren't seriously paying him a wage to run that glorified loft gym?

6 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

One thing is for sure, we might end up with a clear and settled starting 11, which looks like it will have pace for a change, but this season the first 11 is going to have to do it. The bench is inevitably going to struggle unless another 2 or 3 come in.

Reality of a bench tho is striker for striker, midfielder for midfielder most weeks and if we get a striker in, I suppose Miller gives us the striker option with O'Hara and Shepherd pushing.

McKee, Craigen, Harris, Hippo, Kerr, Taiwo, possibly Sibbald, only 4 of 6/7 can start (Kidd can also play centre mid)

We need a left back and striker in but I don't see much of a difference to last season regarding the bench

19 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Good luck been a good servant.

Does this mean he still works for us on a coaching gym capacity or dies it free up a wage?

He has been good for us, felt some classed his age afore his performance at times.

I wouldn't be surprised if he went only for match days, I'm sure Andy Rodgers trained with Shire when he was at Peterhead