The Falkirk FC Thread

Don't worry you'll be able to pick up Sibbald from us for hee haw this time next season.

Not sure we'd be interested tbh, he'd be competing with Scougall for a place, and Alstons struggled to make much impact in the top flight.

That's our 3 season tickets renewed. Tougher decision this year as I now pay 200 for the oldest and she was free last year and we'll miss 4 of the first 9 games. No signings yet either! Still we like our seats and the folks round us and I'm sure houstie will secure loy for us.

Shop was quiet just one guy leaving in front of me and one lady arriving after me. They said it was busier yesterday.

Where's the fun in that? If we don't keep suggesting ambitious targets people will begin to think Falkirk fans are sane, rational people. We can't have that!

Right then f*ck this I'm bored. Do you think there is any chance Man United could let us have Martial on loan as he dusni seem to be getting a game every week.

Think that BP air is playing funny c***s wi some folk.

The days of FFC signing guys like Waddle and Mo are like Brockville - stuck in the past.

As it stands I will just be happy wi an LB and a forward to complete our lineup.

26 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Not sure we'd be interested tbh, he'd be competing with Scougall for a place, and Alstons struggled to make much impact in the top flight.

More than a bit harsh. He needs to add goals to his game, but he's done reasonably well.

Having said that, I'd worry for his place in the squad if we do manage to sign O'Halloran.

Edited by Kyle

20 minutes ago, thelocalcat said:

Paul Gascoigne is rumoured to be signing on a month to month basis. Can't help but think this is just another lazy Houston signing, another filthy Rangers has been!

Have you seen him recently? Even month to month sounds optimistic. 

O'Halloran, GMS and now Ciftci [emoji23][emoji23]

Falkirk fans are hilarious, well the unrealistic ones are. You'll take Harris, Loy if you're lucky and probably some other lower league player and be happy about it. That's the market you're working in. Essentially cast offs and those not good enough for the top division.

One of the most boring posts I've had the misfortune of reading.

Notice Houston taking a swipe at the fans who've spent their hard earned cash on the Budapest trip and are quite rightly a bit peeved that a two game trip is in reality no such thing.

Meanwhile we're still pandering to sibbald as he desperately tries to find a better offer. Will be interesting to see if he gets a free trip to Budapest along with the players who actually want to play for falkirk.  Should be sign the contract on offer or find your own training facilities and holiday.

54 minutes ago, Widge said:

O'Halloran, GMS and now Ciftci emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Falkirk fans are hilarious, well the unrealistic ones are. You'll take Harris, Loy if you're lucky and probably some other lower league player and be happy about it. That's the market you're working in. Essentially cast offs and those not good enough for the top division.

Look at Widge trying to make himself feel that he supports a big superior lot. It's sad when the smaller Premiership teams do that.

I can run through many players who played at this level for a variety of reasons who would easily get a game in the topflight.

Given we had a ST Johnstone fan on here the other day saying Scobbie turned down St Johnstone for Utd you'd think you'd be quiet on the subject.

I don't think any Falkirk fans expect to sign a player on thousands a week who turns down a Premiership team but please don't use us to make yourself feel the big man supporting a big club

Look at Widge trying to make himself feel that he supports a big superior lot. It's sad when the smaller Premiership teams do that.
I can run through many players who played at this level for a variety of reasons who would easily get a game in the topflight.
Given we had a ST Johnstone fan on here the other day saying Scobbie turned down St Johnstone for Utd you'd think you'd be quiet on the subject.
I don't think any Falkirk fans expect to sign a player on thousands a week who turns down a Premiership team but please don't use us to make yourself feel the big man supporting a big club

Surprised you're trying to compare the sides when we effortlessly pluck your best players and plonk them on our bench. Can't imagine how you'd react if we did sign Sibbald next Summer then barely played him.

More than a bit harsh. He needs to add goals to his game, but he's done reasonably well.

Having said that, I'd worry for his place in the squad if we do manage to sign O'Halloran.

He's done alright considering the step up he's had to take. Then again, Wotherspoon was dreadful last season and still outperformed him stats wise, it hardly bodes well for Alstons chances of being first choice.

Update from the big man himself – http://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/gaffers-press-conference-pre-season-day-two/

“We’ve still got a good group of players here and I will of course look to strengthen. There is nothing imminent, but I have positions I would like to fill. I’m not going to mention names, but there are players we are interested in and if we can get the funding to do so then we will try to sign them.”

3 minutes ago, superandy_07 said:

Update from the big man himself – http://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/gaffers-press-conference-pre-season-day-two/

“We’ve still got a good group of players here and I will of course look to strengthen. There is nothing imminent, but I have positions I would like to fill. I’m not going to mention names, but there are players we are interested in and if we can get the funding to do so then we will try to sign them.”

Downtown Grangemouth

tumblr_mijc1qkdvg1ql8t12o1_500.gif