The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Two other names banded about yesterday on loan from Celtic. Gary MacKay Steven (which I would be astounded if it happened) and Jamie McCart.

Like BB I think the Loy signing still has a decent chance of happening.

Can see the GMS one happening, £250k loan deal.

Can see the GMS one happening, £250k loan deal.

The GMS thing is never going to happen IMO. Not sure we have a pot to piss in TBH. All the cash we made two years ago seems to have gone by the looks on paying back loans to those who got us in the mess in the first place, paying off a pitch that had a separate business plan, paying 75k/year to our superfan and the ex-Chairmans east stand vanity project.

New CEO has a right job on his hands. I met the guy last week (he is a Hibee) and I don't envy his task. Good lad though for a Hibee [emoji12]

It really is time that those who have run the club for 20 years piss off to their retirement homes for good.

10 hours ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

Everyone is choking for Loy to sign, he wasn't good enough to get us promoted last time round. He might be better than Baird and McHugh but not that much better to get us up. I'd rather we roll the dice and sign two unknown foreigners, it would add a bit of excitement. 

Loy scored about 20 goals and was the leagues top goal scorer, what more can you expect or want from a striker ? 

These folk that claim to be ITK really burn my toast, whether it's an exciting shout or a shite one. I hold no expectations of signing anyone this week, let alone someone that could get the place buzzing. Just looking forward to getting the season started now to be honest, 1. to get the football back in whatever shape or form, and 2. to put to bed any and all speculation about how good or shite a team we have for the coming season.

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Two other names banded about yesterday on loan from Celtic. Gary MacKay Steven (which I would be astounded if it happened) and Jamie McCart.

Like BB I think the Loy signing still has a decent chance of happening.

Is McCart not a centre half? We surely dont need any more of those?

And if we havent got a pot to piss in surely the last thing we should be doing is spending cash on  a CEO .

Edited by Shadwell Dog

26 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

It is Marshy, though I answered that when Keithgy posted a similar link last night. The story is accurate and not a madeup headline from somewhere. Whether it closes the door or not remains to be seen. I still have my doubts, but nobody really knows at this stage. Things can change quickly in football.

17 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

It is Marshy, though I answered that when Keithgy posted a similar link last night. The story is accurate and not a madeup headline from somewhere. Whether it closes the door or not remains to be seen. I still have my doubts, but nobody really knows at this stage. Things can change quickly in football.

The problem is how long do you wait? The longer the window is open the fewer alternatives are available and we've already got uncertainty over whether sibbald will be signing a new contract or not.  We lost what 6 first teamers(including Sibbald) from last seasons squad and so far we've only signed one. A lot of work for Houston still to do then 

11 hours ago, MrDust said:

I'm sure there would've been a fair few who now aren't getting a season ticket but would have if we got a bums on seat signing, its not mindblowingly a huge number but if its 50-100 its £s that won't be there now

£s that you've already spent on a "bums on seat" signing

The GMS thing is never going to happen IMO. Not sure we have a pot to piss in TBH. All the cash we made two years ago seems to have gone by the looks on paying back loans to those who got us in the mess in the first place, paying off a pitch that had a separate business plan, paying 75k/year to our superfan and the ex-Chairmans east stand vanity project.

New CEO has a right job on his hands. I met the guy last week (he is a Hibee) and I don't envy his task. Good lad though for a Hibee [emoji12]

It really is time that those who have run the club for 20 years piss off to their retirement homes for good.

He pays lip service at best.

You are right, there has been worse Falkirk teams, but it's never been so dull and predictable 

This, last season was actual pretty decent on paper but by fcuk the football was brutal, we are all well aware of the limitations of these players but come on tae f**k! last year we looked like we were trying to avoid going down rather than looking to go up, Houstons ultra cautious style is putting folk to sleep, just play some fast attacking fitbaw please! i'd rather see 3-3 than 1-1 . You're in the entertainment business so fcukin entertain! we need some signings that make people want to come and watch us play not ones who might just edge us into 2nd ahead of Morton after another turgid season.  prices going up next year apparently? they should have been paying us to watch last season.

16 minutes ago, RichieBairn said:

Alex Harris is quicker than Sibbs, Grant and Kerr on the beep test, thank f**k for that, I can sleep easier tonight!!

To be fair I understand the sentiment in your gripe, however pace in this league is a huge bonus, something we have been crying out for in the team outwith hippo and Austin especially down the right hand side. Hopefully our coaching can hone his football to add to this and work on crossing and he might just well be a great asset.